Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

The attack was apparently to interrupt power to a drag show. (The thousands of households affected were casualties of “war”, I guess… hopefully some of them will blame the right people.)
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@Meanlucario
Every time you want to justify something evil, you need to justify it with something good. This is why evil is often done in the name of freedom, religion, democracy, safety, kindness, honor, human rights, “their own good”, “our good”, etc. This makes it possible to convince others - and yourself too - that the ends are good, so the means are justified. If you admit the truth: “I’m gonna do this because I’m an asshole”, it becomes obvious that it’s evil.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5A6B
@Ciaran
…Damn.
Signapore is a shit-ton more authoritarian than I previously thought, though I have heard claims from Commune (who is Singaporean) that they are very authoritarian or reactionary, even though I’ve taken those claims with a grain of salt based on how people of his political background tend to distort words like “reactionary” or even “authoritarianism”.
But still, damn.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5A6B
@Violet Rose in The Rain
If the punishment for violating these laws is also another one of theirs where the person guilty has their ass whooped, then that is just beyond crimimal on the government’s part.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Inflation is a self-inflicted wound caused by a lack of diversity and competition in a “free” market that is more and more controlled by a very small number of powerful mega-conglomerates.
Inflation is not driven by wage growth, despite what the corporate media would like to praddle on about. It is driven by greed and the ever present quest for more from the top.
Regulation breaking up conglomerates to encourge competition, investments in supply infrastructure to reduce disruptions, making stock buybacks illegal to prevent corps from diverting funds into fluffing their valuation, capping the payout of “golden parachutes” and other c-suite benefits, raising minimum wage, capping energy/water/communication prices to consumers, and providing universal health and child care would go a long way to taking the bite out of inflation.
Interest rate hikes punish the every day citizen for forces outside of their control. A few rate hikes to slow things down are a painful necessity from time to time, sure, but it has become a improper cure all that doesn’t address the real problems of Inflation.
Years of stagnant wage growth, skyrocketing energy/water/healthcare/childcare prices, lack of competition and diversity from corporations that are too concerned with valuation, and poorly managed supply infrastructure are the core causes of this mess.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@VacuousTruth
The main cause of increased inflation is “printing” huge amounts of money. (Not physically printing notes, just increasing the supply.) Increase of supply of a currency causes a decrease of its market value, causing inflation.
Inflation is kinda a tax on having money. Except this tax is regressive. Quote from article about Cantillon effect:
…in the short run, inflation as a policy tool has far-reaching socioeconomic effects. It favours time-responsive actors such as investors rather than wage earners…
If you are an investor and see inflation or even expect it in near future, you can quickly invest your cash into non-money things, so inflation doesn’t eat it. If you are a worker, you can’t really do much. Most of your money handling is getting a wage then spending it on stuff. And prices react to inflation faster than wages do. Even if you have some savings, they are likely to be invested in savings accounts, bonds, etc., so inflation does affect them.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“It’s early. I think there’s going to be a lot of people in the primary … [but] I will support whoever the Republican nominee is,” Joyce said while noting he didn’t think Trump would manage to win the 2024 Republican presidential nomination because there are “a lot of other good quality candidates out there.”
“That’s a remarkable statement,” Stephanopoulos said. “You just said you’d support a candidate who’s come out for suspending the Constitution.”
And there it is. The party that wraps themselves in the flag doesn’t care what happens to it.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Most of the older people in power would really rather Trump just shut up and let DeSantis become the new King of America.
Most of the voter base, plus a couple of the younger people in office like MTG, would really rather everyone shut up and fall back in line behind their Orange Messiah.
As my previous post inferred, they’re all sheep who’ll immediately fall under the boot of whoever’s in charge though. They are just slap fighting each other over who’s boot they want to be under.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Relevant.
Now that I think of it, it’s a lot like 2015. Nobody in office or any of the right wing media talking heads liked Trump. They were all in for Ted Cruz.
Then Trump won the primary, and each and every last elephant fell in line. Especially Ted Cruz, despite Trump stealing his position and insulting his wife.
So yeah there’s only a “GOP civil war” right up until someone is chosen to be their leader. Then there’s no dissent whatsoever.
Posted Report
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Ciaran
I live here and I only heard of such strict punishments for either drugs or making publicly racist statements, but it doesn’t surprise me that Singapore likes to fuck over foreigners
We like to pretend we’re separate from them
@Ereiam
Here’s the hidden rule of Singapore
“Don’t get caught”
Yes there are strict penalties for jaywalking, but like everything else in this country, don’t get caught and you’re fine
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Commune
Yeah, we really donked it up. We went in like fucking cowboys and Singapore pulled back our foreskin of 90’s exuberance and applied the harsh steel wool of reading and understanding the local laws BEFORE pretending they don’t exist.
In most countries, we apologized and paid a fine and everything was fine. I think the execs thought we could just bribe someone to make it ok, like in China. Or just pay a fine and promise to be good from then on like France or parts of Africa.
But Singapore? That was eye opening.
After that we had to be adults.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
More midterm results are being compiled. While the final tally is still being determined thanks to automatic recounts, this study has found that Republicans had a comparatively embarrassing showing this election cycle throughout the downballot tickets.
Out of about 6000 legislative seats up for grabs, Reps score only about 22. This despite history saying they would be looking at gains in the hundreds, plural. They also lost saw a handful of state Senates and Houses flip Dem while the Reps were unable to flip any in their favor.
Background Pony #2730
I wish people would stop posting the outdated Jesusland map from 2004. It has Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona as red states. Colorado, Virginia, and New Mexico are blue states now, and Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina are purple states. They’re not the deep red states they were back in the Bush years.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide