Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
If you guys are curious what I think about that Police Body Cam Footage of the killing of Tyre Nichols, I can say in my eyes it’s just straight up murder, no doubt about it.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
If what happened with George Floyd increased distrust of police for the general public, this shit should lead to the next level…
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m pessimistic after mass media managed to arrest momentum for George Floyd simply by aggressively covering the isolated incidents of property damage to make white people go back to opposing BLM and moving away from covering the violent police response.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The fact that the only change that happened after months of BLM was that police got more budget increases and more military hand-me-downs might also hurt motivation.
It also took over a year for Derek Chauvin to be prosecuted for doing the thing everyone saw him do in broad daylight, and also after the first wave of reporting on Floyd’s death was the cookie cutter police apologia. The officers involved with Tyre’s death was thrown under the bus faster than Barry Allen could blink.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dustcan
It did, at the very least, make it so that the systemic problems surrounding the institution were more widely known across the globe, and made more people take a stand against the issue than ever before.
Which makes it all the more unfortunate that the government’s response was to further enable the institution’s shitty-ass behavior.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

So, now that the issue can’t be sidestepped (and killed off with astroturfed media hyper-focus on whatever BLM was doing), is it finally time for the US to come to terms with how policing in their country is fundamentally broken to it’s core?
An average of 21 weeks of training is far too little, especially when you add in the entire idea of the “Warrior Cop” culture, of “Copaganda” bullshit being pushed in entertainment and the massively corrupt police union acting as interference on any and all attempts at deescalating the situation.
Even in the US, being a cop is one of the safest jobs around, there’s absolutely no reason to drill impressionable young adults with the thought that they’re in danger 24/7, especially since the ease of entry and disproportionate status of power granted makes the field a salivating prospect for anyone with sociopath tendencies just begging to abuse their authority.
There should be a massive push for retraining, one that’s anchored in reality instead of this fantasy grimdark make believe in which cops are simultaneously the only good guys, but also being hunted down at every opportunity.
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

At the very least they need to do what Camden, NJ did. I think I mentioned that many pages ago. Basically completely wipe the slate clean and rebuild departments from scratch entirely out of people who actually have lived in the community and not some affluent suburb nearby.
These new departments would be demilitarized and training would be focused on public safety rather than “warrior cop” bullshit. Very, VERY few people who were cops under the old system would be allowed to take the job unless their record is so clean it squeaks.
Of course, we’ve seen how even the slightest attempt to reform causes the police union to flip its shit, and police riots to break out. I still remember from 2020 when talks of reforming police departments caused them to begin terrorizing the general populace in retaliation. Hell, the NYPD straight up doxxed and threatened Bill de Blasio’s daughter.
EDIT: I should add that this is the bare minimum I’m willing to accept. My PREFERRED solution is to get rid of police entirely and replace it with community investment and civilian public safety corps.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Dustcan
There was so much tepid response to the BLM movement, all the solutions either being half measures or doubling down on policing
We need to bring back programs like LBJ’s Great Society
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Even if there was another mass demonstration the way the 2020 BLM protests were, chuds like Silbasa would be screaming, “Law and Order” while cops instigate conflicts and make it harder for people who want to not die.
Posted Report
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Confidential documents from Biden’s time as a VP were reported to be at one of his homes, his legal team, out of an abundance of precaution, checked his other locations and found some more.
It’s a blunder for sure, but since NARA wasn’t actively looking for the documents (let alone have their requests ignored / denied), it’s doubtful that any of those were kept out of malicious or lucrative purposes.
Naturally, Republicans don’t think the same and actively try to use this case to discredit their guy’s active, malicious retention of top secret and above documents. Fittingly, they didn’t have any concerns when Pence’s own legal team did the same as Biden’s and came up with documents of their own.
It’s just more straws being grasped at by a party desperately trying to stay relevant.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
As a religious boy, let me make something clear: Religious people are some of the most special snowflakes you’ll ever see. Christianity is all about “you are special,” even if it’s a majority religion.
Posted Report
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
I read some news from the USA, uh.. your police are very scary, they can really kill you right on the street, it’s terrible X_X
But these are isolated cases, I would not equate all policemen under one roof.
I think the A.C.A.B. slogan is terrible and wrong, it is not respect for the authorities. Because in the police, as in the ambulance and in the fire department, people work first of all.
It’s like if the firefighters didn’t put out the house or didn’t do their job well, and blame all firefighters for being incompetent.
But in the USA, I see it’s a real problem, when the free carrying of firearms + the police can actually kill you on the street, uh .. it’s scary to live.
But now there will be no large-scale protests like under Trump, because now the Democrats are in power, and they own the majority of the channels, and the TV channels will not massively disperse the public outcry there.
It was during the BLM protests that there was a lot of discontent and the Democrats fully supported the rallies.
But when there are rallies against the Democrats, there is a strengthening of the police and they do not really approve of the protests.
Although, as practice shows, no rallies in any country affect anything) the whole system cannot be rebuilt through ordinary rallies.
Posted Report
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

See, the thing is, what would Republicans rally under? They do not offer any policy that would help the American people, so what they end up with is either a congregation of a hateful minority (AKA straight up Nazi rally) or fanatical worship of a figure of authority. There’s no “suppression” going on, Republicans are simply unable to drive the numbers needed for a crowd that isn’t going to try to pull another January 6th.
And no, rallying under “Freedom” or some other concept that’s a dogwhistle for “Hating minorities” doesn’t work. You end up with the bullshit that happened in Canada last year, occupying Ottawa for absolutely no reason other than a blanket nihilistic statement of “Fuck everyone”.
Posted Report
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
They do not offer any policy that would help the American people
I would say that this happens in both cases, when there is an imaginary semblance of “democracy” When two parties pretend to compete with each other. Well, yes, there are Republicans and Democrats, only 2 parties of elites as the ruling class. And whoever is in office, the general policy of the United States has not changed for decades, all the same problems exist.
It is not the American people who benefit, but the ruling class of the bourgeoisie, any arms lobby.
When there is shooting somewhere, they begin to blame “Computer games are to blame for everything” and not weapons that are freely available.
In general, I would say that neither Democrats nor Republicans are of any benefit to the people), but they actively pretend that they are fighting each other, and third parties are not allowed into politics.
Although the United States is not a unique case, this applies to any country) In Japan or South Korea, in general, whole family clans are in leadership positions.
But it always amuses me how many expose the USA as the only world democracy)) lol.
There is a funny video on this topic “This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy” https://youtu.be/ZggCipbiHwE
Posted Report
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Athiest can be insufferable too.
They often think that if they tackle the subject of god, and they’re right about it, that they never have to think critically again.
They’re not even verifiably right on the one thing they pretend to care about.
An idiot would point out that religion is designed to be insurmountable, but someone who lives on the real planet Earth will wonder what we can figure out.
Also they say the word science a lot, but often they don’t know the philosophy, application, or method of science.
No sense of adventure, abstract thought, or desire for further learning. they just need something to arbitrarily put themselves above others.
People might say “what about the problems of religion” as if religious people are not also tackling these same issues.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
I know atheists have their own special snowflakes, but I’m just speaking for my own people. Doesn’t help that Christianity has a built-in “you are special” mentality (not sure if other religions have that as well, so I can’t speak for them).
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide