Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The phrase “telescopic” philanthropy comes to mind. A lot of “effective altruistists” concern themselves with throwing money at distant problems, ones that they can be hands off with, while still striding atop the moral high ground.
It fits into the overall issue with charity as being mostly a money pit for people to shovel cash into and get good feelings out of, that ends up being far less helpful than it first appears.
EA suffers even further, in that “effective” often carries an air of utilitarian efficiency over morality.
William David MacAskill, one of ther founders of the movement encapsulated this when he was posed a “drowning child” analogy a few years back. Where he admitted that the proper EA thing to do if you had to chose between saving one innocent life in a burning building, or a rare Piccaso that you could then sell and use the proceeds to build a better fire service, that the choice was to save the painting.
EFfective Altruism is too often used to favor broad strokes approaches that miss the forest for the trees, encourages throwing money at the problem, and is often used by the well-ta-do as a get out of jail free card when they’re faced with local problems they could directly intervene on.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7918
So it seems I did not miss any important information, instead we have a genuine disagreement about proper actions and what constitutes a moral high ground. If so I would say equating EA with enlightened egoism was misleading.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Similar vein.
Rich, well off people who believe the best idea is to throw money at things.
What separates “save the painting to sell for the village” from “start a business to employ the villagers to make them money”.
The core principle remains the same, that the generation and distribution of wealth is the core goal toward the philanthropic endeavors.
Posted Report
Background Pony #B842
@Violet Rose in The Rain
But are you actually doing things about it? Have you joined the SRA to begin weapon training? Have you started a firm to help the unjustly imprisoned receive compensation? Destroyed surveillance equipment to protect the community from unnecessary spying? Have you eliminated the “need” for police by forming a local vanguard? Or just yelling at them from behind the safety of a screen?
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

huh, guess defunding the police wasn’t such a good idea after all.
I posted an article about how police defunding never happened and you wanna act like it did?
Accuse me for twisting words when you purposely took the wrong conclusion away from the ABC report. But that’s okay. I’m used to outright lying from conservatives trying to play coy.
I’ve done mutual aid, mostly. Can’t do much about American police brutality where I am.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

“We can share the money” “As long as there is enough to go around”
Four officers entered, and when they made their way to the bedroom, Carpenter switched on a phone-activated web camera, aimed at the bed and closet.
The video captured officers scouring the room, combing the closet, drawers, and under the bed. They found a handful of items they questioned and, Carpenter said, eventually confiscated — a large kitchen knife, a bag of cannabis and a scale, a gun, and $6,000 in cash that was kept in a pair of pink Timberland boots.
Following the discovery of the items, around 9:30 a.m., one of the parole officers, identified by Carpenter as Doris Hernandez, appears to type a message on her phone and hand the phone to her colleague, an unidentified male officer. He glances at it, hands it back to her, and they whisper inaudibly.
The male officer then peeps out the door before turning back to Hernandez.
“We can share the money…,” he said.
“You’re right,” Hernandez replied, pointing a finger gun at the other officer.
“As long as there’s enough money to go around,” he said.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
We should mint not the trillion dollar coin but the ten trillion dollar coin. It should be launched into space in geosynchronous orbit over Omaha, Nebraska and it should be large enough to be clearly visible from the ground. On one side should be Trump at the driving seat of The Fire Engine and the other Biden eating ice cream.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump has once again reiterated that he trusts Putin himself over IS Intelligence “lowlifes”.
Yeah, MAGA doing what it does best: putting America last.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah, he announced his running like 2 weeks after the midterms. Because he both really wants the presidency to shield him from the law again and also because the GOP threatened to cut ties with him if he announced before the midterms.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Beth
Honestly both handguns AND rifles should be banned from civilians. You could still keep shotguns though.
@IWTCIEM
Pretty sure shotguns are worst than handguns at least.
Reminder:
Shotguns are usually a defensive type of gun unlike Handguns + Rifles which are more offensive in most cases.
All can make you pretty dead but it’s a matter of situation that determines which weapon is more damaging.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
And now a friendly reminder that Trans Folks are the primary target of literal fucking fascist lawmakers in America right now.
Like over 250 bills attacking Trans Individuals have been purposed this month alone…
You know, this crusade that Neo-Na- I mean the Right Wing have waged against Trans folks ain’t going away.
Why doesn’t Biden and every Democrat even pretend to care about this?
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Hell both DeSantis AND Trump have put out videos announcing their intent to target them at the federal level.
EDIT: Incidentally, that just so happens to be one of the things keeping me up so late tonight. I’m legit afraid for my partner, my closest friends, and my own sibling - all of whom are trans. And I fear what will happen to me and everyone else I care about simply for being guilty by association. I know they’re not gonna stop at trans people either. I’m marked in this too, being bisexual.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Why doesn’t Biden and every Democrat even pretend to care about this?
Just something I heard, so don’t quote me on it:
The US is a one party state, but in typical American extravagance, they have two of them.
Posted Report
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

In all honesty, how am I supposed to support progressive activist groups when they A) keep asking for donations and B) haven’t proven themselves to be super effective?
Posted Report
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I know/have known LGBT people who are right wing, including a trans person I used to date… People like them are the ones you should fear the most because they’re the ones who have been brainwashed by right-wing propaganda and are tipping the scales in favor of conservative politicians. It’s face-eating-leopards politics that’ll be the death of us all.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide