The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Background Pony #6E6A
@northern haste  
Ah yes, CR.

He’s was the first case I knew of that of an internet reviewer ended up showing that they’re really a stuck up total prick IRL. Sadly, in the past decade it proved him to be the rule, not the exception.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I actually had a pretty bad experience with CR.

CR made a remark like the turtles not knowing what pizza was at the beginning of the 2012 Nick TMNT reboot was “ruined forever,” or something in a Twitter post, I can’t remember what he exactly said, but it came off negatively. Apparently, he was joking, or I misread it, or something (I can’t remember, it was years ago) so I took it literally. (Can you blame me, when he criticised MLP:FIM for dong less then that? He blames two toy characters that rarely ever appear in the show partially for the downfall of the show.)

I made the mistake of mentioning it here on Derpibooru, but oddly CR somehow caught wind of me mentioning it, and sent me a note (yes, he actually signed up, and sent me a note) consisting of him only calling me a “liar,” and linking me to a video where he was praising it.

I posted a public apology on his DA page, and you know what his response was? He hid my comment… Didn’t respond, just hid it… I admitted I was wrong, and wanted to make peace, and even mentioned I was actually a long time fan of his art, despite my disagreements with his opinions, and he hid my comment… What a total slap in the face…  
Luckily, another person called him out on it, and he unhid it, but still didn’t respond or anything… Needless to say, I took him off my watch, stopped faving his pics, and dropped all support for him.
Background Pony #6E6A
@Beau Skunky

Wow. I remember you mentioning he called you a liar for that way back, but I didn’t know he signed up just to note that to you or hid your comment when you tried to apologize for misreading things.

What a fucking asshole.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #6E6A  
Sadly, that was third time I have taken crap from an artist on DA I looked up to… (Another being AWD, aka Andrew Dickman, whom lashed out at me over a video game… He happens to be a friend of CR’s.) So stuff like that is why oftentimes why I’m afraid to talk to people online I don’t know well, or why I have some trust issues, as well. (Though, I still try to be friendly regardless.)
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I just had a quick look and it seems that the G4 video he didn’t delete is his review of luna eclipse.  
The episode he uses to prove how bad the show got after the almighty Faust left. Despite the fact she was still involved in the writing process of season 2
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Cadance & Shining Armor, he started hating the show as soon as they appeared, as he claims they turned the show into a toy commercial, and such.

…Pssst! The show always was one! (In fact, characters like Cheerilee were mandated to appear by Hasbro to promote a toy too, and Faust didn’t know what to do with her, so just made her a teacher. Yet, all those “toy commercial-hating” bronies still love Cheer-Cheer. Not to mention, characters like Sweetie & Scootaloo were G3 characters/toys too. Even Faust admitted they designed the Mane 6’s homes to look toy-etic.)

In fact. ironically, as I said to you before, considering later seasons hardly promoted any toys, the show didn’t really do a “good job” being a toy commercial. (Yet, ex-bronies still use that excuse to hate their former beloved show.)

@Red-Supernova  
Yeah, I stopped supporting both… (Also heard allegations that AWD/Andrew mistreated his ex-girlfriend. Wouldn’t surprise me given how hot-tempered he acts.)
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I would actually make the argument that this show is a bad toy commercial.  
things like rainbow power didn’t show up until the end of the episode and only showed of one other time two seasons later and there’s still a ton of toys that never appeared in the show.  
In there are other toy based franchises that nobody criticises for. with Power Rangers a season would introduce new Rangers, new weapons and new zords and then do it all again the next season
northern haste

Enter if you dare
@Angrybrony  
I still remember back when the new changelings came in and people refuse to believe they were not done for toys in fact the old ones got new toys after that. And the exact same bs happened with the student’s clubhouse.  
Why would they promote a toy long before that actually selling it?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
I don’t even think Starlight got that much merch’ either. (Even Derpy got more licensed T-shirts, and such.)

@northern haste  
I remember the original TMNT show, and the 2012 reboot would sometimes introduce characters just for one episode just to make a toy of them. So plenty of other franchises are guilty of that too, yet people only criticise/bash MLP for that. (Where’s the Plaid Stripes toy? Where’s the Screwball toy?)

And yeah, there’s also been plenty of toy-etic moments in the show that Hasbro never capitalized on. So you might be right that MLP:FIM doesn’t even do a good job “selling out,” or “being a souless toy commercial.”
northern haste

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
Heck even pony life isn’t even very buy our toys.  
It took over 20 episode for potion nova get an actual episode and before then the only toy plugin was the potions which I think is more of a side gimmick to the toy line
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, didn’t Rated R movies like Robocop, and Terminator get toys? (Though, I guess those could also be for adult collectors too.)

@northern haste  
Yeah, PL isn’t very toy-etic either. Though, Derpy already has a PL toy, and she hasn’t appeared yet.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide