[nsfw] The Pokemon thread

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@Klonoahedgehog  
The Deer thing obviously looks like the Forest Deity from Princess Mononoke. I remember a bootleg “Pokemon Diamond” on the GBA, which was definitely not Pokemon, but something else. It had the Forest Deity on it’s box art.

Though, It makes wonder. Is GameFreak running out of ideas, and have to “borrow” some from other franchises? Some Pokemon look like Digimon, or things from YuGiOh.
Klonoahedgehog
Thread Starter - The Pokemon thread

Actually if anything there even more creative now. The early Generations had kind of bland and reused designs, recently however we’ve gotten some pretty badass designs (i direct you to Samurott.) though i can understand why you see them as Digimon.
SBF1
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Technically Zorua and Zoroark can also count to an extent, as you can teach them Flamethrower.

I’m a little interested in seeing where they take Fennekin, as many people had assumed that the Eevee line was heavily based on fennecs, and now we’ve got an outright fennec fox Pokemon.
Klonoahedgehog

I’ve been wondering this for a while but do Zorua and Zoroark even count as Unova Pokemon?

I mean you can’t find them at all in BW or BW2 and even in the anime they don’t seem to be native to Unova. :/
SBF1

@Scary Butt Fun  
Technically both the Vulpix and Zorua lines are based on the kitsune, just in differing ways; Zoroark is more of the trickster aspect while Ninetales generally represents the more mythological aspects such as the multiple tales and ghostly powers.

@Klonoahedgehog  
I suppose they’d count about as much as Riolu being a Sinnoh Pokemon.
SBF1

Both involved event Pokemon related to the Celebi/Zoroark movie and BW1. To get Zorua, you’d take the event Celebi to a building in Castelia and get a little boy Zorua. For Zoroark, you’d take whichever event Shiny Beast you got (through Mystery Gift) to Lostlorn Forest and battle the momma Zoroark and potentially catch it.

In BW2, they basically hand you N’s Zorua in Driftveil.
Klonoahedgehog

@SBF1  
But at least it’s shown that people in Sinnoh have the Riolu line. In Unova the only person that has the Zorua line is N. Unless you count the events but those are optional.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
For those who envision a Pokemon MMO. There is an issue with balancing, and whether or not legendary Pokemon should or should not be usable by player and remain as bosses. Oh yeah, which region do you start out in? Should wild Pokemon encounters be random? Or should they spawn(certain Pokemon spawn at different rates, depending on their rarity) on the map scream as sprites you can engage battle with as soon as you approach them?
Scary Butt Fun

@Klonoahedgehog

Zorua and Zoroark are native to Unova. They’re just extremely difficult to find because they don’t hide in grass or caves like other Pokemon. They use their illusion powers. Sometimes pretending to be human.
SBF1

It’s a bit of a handwave, but yeah, I think it’s generally accepted (and maybe mentioned at some point, I forget) that Zorua and Zoroark use their illusions to keep themselves hidden.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide