The Virus Outbreak Thread

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Typhoon2000  
The US is the most heavily armed civilian population on the planet. There’s not gonna be any dictatorships here without one hell of a fight. Which I don’t see ever happening regardless.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Typhoon2000  
Well I’m still voting GOP regardless. And I’m not concerned about tyranny or the US somehow becoming a dictatorship. But again, this ain’t the politics thread nor do you have anything to worry about.
Background Pony #E77E
@Wiimeiser

Well, as a European I dare to doubt that the EU will collapse. The main reasons for this are the economic dependencies of individual nations on each other. Moreover, a crisis like Corona clearly shows that separate solutions for individual states also do not bring any visible results. No, the mistakes that have been made were that right at the beginning of the crisis all European countries first panicked and isolated themselves individually instead of working on a common coordinated solution for the whole of Europe. Perhaps now, with Von der Leyens’ appeal for a European Marshall Plan, an initiative will be launched to finally overcome the crisis together.

Of course I can understand the call of the southern countries for rapid financial aid in the form of Eurobonds, but this will not happen without the approval of Germany and the Netherlands. Even if this means that the reputation of the Germans in countries such as Italy or Spain is declining, but in fact such demands for emergency aid must be tied to massive economic reforms. After all, a chain is only as strong as its weakest member.

Well, of course I am also concerned about the “democratic” balance of power in the Balkans. Here you can clearly see the grievances that have arisen from the heavy legacy of the Cold War and the division of Europe into East and West. These wounds could not be completely healed in the last 30 years. But instead of turning away from a at least political united Europe, I believe that only the strengthening of the EU can be the final solution to this and many other problems here.

And no, the EU is not the attempt of Germany to gain sole control over Europe, no matter how much this conspiracy theory comes up again and again. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@MagpulPony

In Rom ist der hässliche Deutsche wieder da ( In Rome, the ugly German is back )

Since I just spontaneously assume that you can’t speak German (no offense), here’s the summary:

Giorgia Meloni, female leader of the extreme right-wing party Fratelli d’Italia, recently explained at length on her Facebook channel what she could say in one sentence: Germany is deliberately driving Italy into ruin in order to take over the valuable Italian companies. For Meloni, Europe is a project that is intended to help Germany achieve sole dominance on the old continent. The crude thesis is not new. It has been represented by Italian right-wing extremist politicians for some time, including the head of the Lega Nord, Matteo Salvini. This conspiracy theory has recently taken a back seat because Italy is currently busy dealing with the Corona crisis. Rome is also governed by a coalition that is, all in all, quite pro-European. Since Tuesday last week (March 31,2020), however, the theory of the anti-Italian conspiracy is back. On that day, eurozone finance ministers met in a video conference to discuss how to deal with the crisis. On the table was the proposal to issue so-called corona bonds. These are temporary European promissory notes designed to help cushion the economic impact of the corona crisis. Italy, which was severely affected by the epidemic, requested this form of aid. Spain and France agreed with this request. But the finance ministers could not reach an agreement. It is the resumption of the ten-year-old dispute over whether distressed states in the eurozone should be rescued with promissory notes for which everyone is responsible or with money from a crisis fund set aside for this purpose. The latter offers more control, so the Netherlands and Germany are in favour.

Back to the good old days, where everyone hates Germany. Some things never go out of fashion. ( cough ) Sarcasm. ;-)
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Background Pony #D2F6  
Wut? EU failed miserably. Nation states are the ones holding the lines here. Just like the immigration crisis of 2015 a weak EU response screwed us. That time Brexit was the end result. Time will tell what it will be now. Lets reverse it back to EEC levels of coop and leave the rest to the nations themselves eh? (And yes it kind of is when you listen to german eurocrats.)
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #0AF2  
Perhaps. Its not working very well atm it seems. They are stuck in some super liberal save the world loop so they cant see that they are killing themselves. I know it sounds bad but the EU cannot be the entire third worlds sanctuary anymore. Nations within the EU needs stronger borders and more right to govern themselves and their economies. My nation have lost entire industries to foreign workers because of this. They are now basically run by mafia like organizations. At times slaves are discovered! Time to hit reverse for a while.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

@Background Pony #0AF2

And again I dare to contradict you. It is not the EU that has failed in the past, but the political system that allows each EU country to go its own separate way. I quote the well-known German cabaratist Oliver Kalkofe: “A house full of selfish assholes does not make a community.” The individual state solution will not help us in future crises. Nor will the Corana virus be the only crisis in the near future. Let’s all wait for the weather to change properly first. Then the refugees pile up on the borders like the zombies in World War Z. No, sorry. If we fail to find a common solution, and nationalists with their self-centred views are dragging their peoples into ruin, then I will not stand by their side.  
I defend my country, my continent and my ideals. Nationalism is short-sighted and will create more problems in the long term than it can solve in the short term. I admit that the networking of lobbyists and democrats within the EU must stop, that very strict anti-corruption laws must be created and that these laws must be followed. But the self-determination of countries on European soil must stop to close tax loopholes and that different laws and regulations must no longer be played off against each other. More power for Brussels and the end of the individual states. To be better prepared for the difficulties of the future. Because the refugee crisis, the Brexit, the Orban regime, all these are problems for believing in incompetent national governments instead of a strong and cohesive pan-European community.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Background Pony #0AF2

I suspect they will join us willingly, as they always do. We are just waiting for Sebastian Kurz to declare himself Reich Chancellor so that we can blame them again later. And besides, the bone of contention is always either the Czech Republic or the Balkans. Oh yes, and Tyrol. I am curious to see which side the Italians will take this time. And when they’re gonna stab us in the back again. ;-)

Whoever finds the sarcasm here gets to keep it.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DarkObsidian

The exact opposite of how I think. Lets keep NATO and some cooperation on bigger issues. No more. Germans dont want to bail out Spain. Italy dont want to pay french bus drivers pensions. If Germany continues to push this hard it will all fall apart. Immigration can simply be stopped by denying asylums and the somewhat lucrative benefits they get. Done. Economies work better when a country can to some extent protect its workers and industries. Trump and Boris are the signs of our time, not Merkel and Macron. They failed. They had no solutions and were paralyzed in the face of the problems faced. Continuing to push for more federalization in Brussels just might lead to more of what you hope to avoid. I for one does not want to be ruled by someone from the Netherlands or Belgium who I had no say in getting elected. I do not think the same way as a german or french. Sorry but no thanks.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@tehwatever

I’d still have a very long sarcastic answer, but yes. Perhaps the wrong thread to discuss this. Let’s just say we’re all lucky to be able to talk about these things online at all, and not to be crammed together like rats in some tent camp. Especially in Corona times. (wink, wink) ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide