The Virus Outbreak Thread

lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I am keeping an eye on my temperature now because Friday night at work, halfway through the shift a guy from Topeka suddenly got sick and had to go home (he puked somewhere). Needless to say the place went into disinfect mode. I wasn’t anywhere near him since I drive a forklift, but that still leaves door handles, etc. Hopefully since it did involve puking it wasn’t Corona related.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Typhoon2000

The website of her office is back online, but probably only because nobody followed her call for a massive demonstration on Easter Saturday.

Nevertheless, I stand by my statement that we are currently experiencing a worrying development in Germany, which could ultimately lead to this country turning into a dreaded police state due to the Corona virus. But let me be clear, it could happen that way. I still have faith that this will not happen. Many well-known politicians have already spoken out against this. There is a correspondingly large liberal front against this.

But let us be honest, the fact that it could have come to this at all is still worrying. The fear of not so moderate government representatives, citizens and representatives of the judicial system, all of whom are completely overwhelmed by the threat, only shows, in my view, how ill-prepared we are for a crisis such as Corona. The virus has hit us in a way that goes beyond the economic damage.

Or, to put it more simply, in a crisis, everyone is next to themselves. I have already observed this behaviour among my fellow citizens. It is currently a 50/50 ratio. Some people are very relaxed about the whole thing. They go for a walk, ride their bikes, do sports and generally there is still a lot of smiling. But you cannot go to a supermarket these days without carrying a shopping cart with you. Why? Because only in this way can have the 1.5 metre distance rule be observed. In front of every supermarket there is at least one security guard who checks how many people are in the store. It makes absolutely no difference whether you only need one or two things. Even for a pack of cigarettes you have to carry a shopping cart. On the floor are markings indicating how close you may be to other people. Actually, I think that this is generally reasonable, but it also shows how exaggerated some security measures are.

The other half of the population lapse into a panic mode, which quasi allows the return of a police state like in the GDR (German Democratic Republic aka the Soviet East Germany). I compare it with the GDR , because I don’t have the impression that fascist methods are used here as for example in Hungary. But many people (especially in the East) are in favour of a general surveillance of all people, as is currently customary in China. With surveillance cameras and apps that show if someone suspected of being infected with the Corona virus is in your area. Thank God, however, we also have a very strong front of data protectionists who would not allow such a thing without further ado. Our conservative health minister Jens Spahn, however, speaks out in favour of this app every week.

What I am getting at is that, for the first time since the reunification of Germany, we are facing a threat that is, on the one hand, very insidious and subtle, and, on the other hand, absolutely unacceptable for a democratic country. I have always been an opponent of surveillance methods, I respect the right and the sense of responsibility of each individual. But when the state takes action against lawyers (to defend its own political and administrative methods), and it depends only on the mercy of a policeman whether one is punished severely or simply warned, then we are treading really dangerous paths here. And it should be in the interest of the whole world that Germany remains liberal. People have died for this in the past.

Edit: Of course I do not want to spread panic. And with you, Tyhoon, I know you have a tendency to such behavior. No offense. But nevertheless, you must also speak out uncomfortable truths. It is the duty of every good democratic citizen not to take everything for granted. Simply accepting things just like that has caused great suffering in Germany in the past

So I would like everyone who reads this to please remember the following: Yes, the Corona virus is a serious threat. No, it won’t all be over as quickly as we’d like. And please take care that people, who tend to be radical anyway, take advantage of the situation to influence us in our democratic principles. Dealing with this threat sensibly is just as important as keeping a cool head and being careful not to infect yourself. In terms of the virus and certain political views. Because the road to hell is still paved with good intentions.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

You really think they check that thoroughly when someone is driving between Czechia and Germany? Think of it like The ATF smuggling guns to Mexico for the cartels, but even easier.
Background Pony #44C4
@Ebalosus

Ach, darüber mache ich mir keine Gedanken. Als Veteran und ehemaliger Sanitäter der Streitkräfte mehr Interesse daran habe, Leben zu erhalten, als es zu nehmen, bin ich doch entsprechend vorbereitet. Ich bin schließlich noch immer der Erbe einer alten Adelsfamilie. Das Jagen liegt uns im Blut. Alleine mein Großvater, welcher Gebirgsjäger (alpine troops) gewesen ist, hat mir mehr Waffen und Munition hinterlassen, als ich je für einen bewaffneten Konflikt brauchen würde. Aber trotzdem. Größer als mein Arsenal sind Zuhause meine medizinischen Vorräte. In der Krise bin ich eher derjenige, der die Leute wieder zusammenflickt. Das liegt mir persönlich sehr am Herzen.  
681 / 2048  
Oh, I’m not worried about that. As a veteran and former paramedic in the armed forces, I am more interested in preserving life than taking it, so I am prepared. After all, I am still the heir of an old noble family. Hunting is in our blood. My grandfather alone, who was a Gebirgsjäger (German alpine tropps), left me more weapons and ammunition than I would ever need for an armed conflict. But still. Bigger than my arsenal are my medical supplies at home. In a crisis, I’m more the one who patches people back together. This is very important to me personally. :-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@MagpulPony

Well, I have both a gun license and a hunting license. And of course I do not own any weapons such as bazookas, grenades or heavy machine guns. But as far as carbines, pistols, stabbing and slashing weapons are concerned, I am amply supplied. In German law, a strong distinction is made between possession and the right to carry weapons. I am allowed to possess these weapons. I’m just not allowed to carry weapons around with me without permission. I am allowed to go hunting with a single rifle and little ammunition. I’m allowed to keep a gun in my house for self-defense. I may carry a knife, baton or gas pistol outside public events and places for reasons of self-defence. But I not allowed tp start my personal war with it. ;-)

If course I have to hide some of my old weapons, because they should have been returned to the authorities after the death of their owner (in this case my grandfather and my grand-grandfather). But in Germany almost no one does that. As long as there is no danger, no one is interested. I can only assure you that these weapons and especially the ammunition are heavily secured and nobody could get to them without my knowledge. Nor could I be imprisoned by the law, but only sentenced to a heavy fine. I have, of course, secured myself legally in this case. ;-D

Oh, and I got a box of toilet paper and paper towels yesterday! So I will survive the Corona virus for at least another three weeks. Woohoo! At this point I should mention that since yesterday I am finally home again. I was allowed to leave the hospital, but I am still under observation.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

3 more cases in my neighborhood while the other night when I saw someone robbing an empty house’s mountain bicycle and has a backpack full of stuff he stole. I blottered the incident while at the same time I wished I could’ve hired someone to shoot him dead.
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
@Typhoon2000  
We will never know their actual totals unless someone from their government leaks it.

Kansas is now up to 1337 (seriously) and 56 deaths (just 1 from yesterday).
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

U mad?
@Typhoon2000  
You really want to see Great Depression 2.0?

BABScon will be online only this year.

PonyFest online will be happening again in about 2 weeks also.

And I just found this on another pony forum. Someone got it in an email from the US embassy in Beijing:  
Event: Discrimination against African-Americans in Guangzhou: In response to an increase in COVID-19 infections, officials in the Guangzhou metropolitan area escalated scrutiny of foreign nationals. As part of this campaign, police ordered bars and restaurants not to serve clients who appear to be of African origin. Moreover, local officials launched a round of mandatory tests for COVID-19, followed by mandatory self-quarantine, for anyone with “African contacts,” regardless of recent travel history or previous quarantine completion. African-Americans have also reported that some businesses and hotels refuse to do business with them.  The U.S. Consulate General advises African-Americans or those who believe Chinese officials may suspect them of having contact with nationals of African countries to avoid the Guangzhou metropolitan area until further notice.  Without advance warning, officials might require such individuals to submit to a COVID-19 test and undergo 14 days of supervised quarantine at their own expense. 

All U.S. citizens in China are subject to local law. If you violate Chinese laws, even unknowingly, you may be arrested, expelled, or imprisoned.  The Chinese legal system can be opaque, and the interpretation and enforcement of local laws may be arbitrary. The judiciary does not enjoy independence from political influence. U.S. citizens traveling or residing in China may be subject to heightened scrutiny by Chinese local law enforcement and state security. They should carry identity documents at all times. 
The authorities in Guangzhou are specifically targeting ALL foreigners who are black, regardless if you are American, Canadian, or Nigerian. As long as you meet their requirement (black skin) you are “african” in their eyes. Many have been kicked out of their residences and are now wandering the streets as hotels will not accept foreigners.
However if you are a white South African - you can not possibly be from Africa because you are white.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide