The Virus Outbreak Thread

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
China is also now deleting the data about the virus that paints them in a negative light. What a truly disgusting display of corruption. Cause a global disaster and over a hundred thousand deaths and all you can focus on is censorship. Fuck the CCP, honestly.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Typhoon2000  
@MagpulPony  
@Typhoon2000  
Australia is going until June 29 at the bare minimum, the Prime Minister said 6 months back in late March, but it probably won’t happen until a vaccine is available, which is at least October 2021, which is absolutely not sustainable.

Though it’s working, our total death toll so far is 54, and most if not all are elderly; compare that to the US having 2000 deaths a day, nearly three times Australia’s total relative to population.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Typhoon2000  
Believe me, the 2021 prediction for the vaccine is a low estimate AFAICT; based on how easily reinfection occurs it might even be physically impossible to vaccinate against. Now you can be paranoid.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
@TheHappySpaceman  
Well so much for the 2 concerts I was going to in June, and the rescheduled Planet Comicon and another con I was going to in August. And next year’s HarmonyCon. That will kill all sporting events, races, wrestling events, everything that requires a large amount of fans to make money and survive. We may in fact be facing Great Depression 2.0.

FUCK ALL OF THIS. And FUCK THE CCP for covering it up/ hiding the virus spread.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Wiimeiser

No FTL and time travel are physically impossible. Curing illnesses are something we’re pretty good at doing today, and are getting better at every year. Some of the good news tidbits I saw in between coronavirus coverage was that two people have been cured of HIV. Besides cancer, HIV was considered the disease you definitely wanted to avoid, yet we’re closing in on cures for both.

Coronavirus behaves like the flu, and will be cured and treated like the flu in the not too distant future.

@MagpulPony

Quantum computing would be enormously helpful for things like this, as they’re exceptionally good at searching through available data and separating signal from noise. It’s why there’s lots of discussion of quantum cryptography, because quantum computers are much better than conventional computers at beating entropy through brute force.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

It’s believed that the NSA has the best quantum computers in the world (built by IBM of all people; go figure), though if indeed they do, they must only use it for super-serious SIGINT because if it was easily available the FBI and CIA wouldn’t be bitching and moaning to congress over encryption.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide