The Virus Outbreak Thread

RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Wow. I just had a covid scare because of my recent run to the toilet. Turns out, it was just the 3 day old bottle of syrup I used for the pancakes.

Diarrhea is a rare symptom of COVID-19.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Victoria is going back to a full stage 4 lockdown in just over 10 hours: Masks will be required everywhere, everything will be closed except essential work, food stores and childcare, 5km travel limit, and while it’s not confirmed it’s highly likely there’ll be a curfew and maximum 1 hour outdoors again.
RD4590
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Wiimeiser  
Australia has handled the outbreak well, but nobody can celebrate or celebrate without caution unless the global pandemic is over or all current cases are isolated from healthy citizens.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Flutter_Lover  
No by death rate, but as more people get infected the death toll can only get higher.  
For example, SARS has a death rate of 9.5%. total 8098 infected and 774 dead. COVID-19 caused 108 million infections and 2.3 million deaths. And the death rate is 2.1%.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
What’s worse is as the lethality of the virus reduces, people will lower the alert. And more and more people get infected
Background Pony #6B3F
@RD4590  
Well the expected IFR is lower, sub 1% in many places, but it does change by age and even location. Overall the IFR isn’t that high.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #6B3F

We won’t know the full fatality rate for some time.

I wager it will ultimately fall between 1 and 2% when the new variants are included. But I’ve seen case rates spike as high as 6% in some areas.

Wealth, age, and access to healthcare seems to be major factors.
Background Pony #6B3F
@Zincy  
You’re right. I would expect an IFR of around 1%, maybe a little lower, because I think a large number of people have been infected and don’t even know it because their cases are so mild. The biggest concern is the elderly who are at a much higher risk. I think it is safe to start opening up in the US, as many have, but it needs to be made clear that the older you are the more at risk you are. If you are 70 it isn’t wise to be going to a bar to drink.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Reading all these recent comments really makes me want Human Euthanization to be legalized already. After all, humans do technically classify as animals.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide