The Virus Outbreak Thread

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@tehwatever  
I don’t understand that view. If they find a vaccine first what’s so bad being proud of it?  
You should be proud to have a solution that works efficiently. Hydroxychloroquine is only a temporary solution, like having all kind of meds and antibiotics for every disease. If Trump announces there’s a vaccine, people will be able to be immunized, apart antivaxers who will see in there some kind of mind control chemicals from big corporations to get everyone to vote republican.

if the Institut Pasteur or Bayer or the INSERM or any big evil corporations finds one before you guys, we will be proud to announce it proudly. «Yes! We got our vaccine, we can now make babies and meet people!»

Still, like Magpul mentioned, developing a vaccine mostly takes years of work, of testing. Currently, shots of Anti-retroviral molecules, antibiotics and interferons combined will validate a treatment that is efficient for a curative therapy, chloroquine and derivates included, while others are working on a preventive treatment.

The only preventive treatment we have right now is to wear masks, stay home, and remain clean.

Didier Raoult affirms himself that chloroquine might not be designed for the COVID19 but did work on several of his patients, in combination of many other meds, against SARS and other forms of coronavirus and paludism. Like many other drugs.

His results are not 100%, even with a working treatment we can’t have a 100%, and not even with a vaccination since not everyone reacts the same to a virus.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Typhoon2000  
stop watching the big medias bullshit, it’s the same for every country in the world right now, and you are far less infected than France right now. Yes there are many alarmists going about «We’re in a prison, it’s the NWO they hide things, we are being controlled and martial laws and FEMA camps!»  
No, it’s a normal measure, since that’s all we can do is to wait.  
And hope our citizens and governments will retain the lesson. Basically, borders are useful to prevent this scenario to happen again, it’s not racism or secularism, it’s common sense.  
Where I understand the alarmism or objections is some people who think, here, that people should be monitored using their smartphones to know if they go outside to then get the authorities to fine them. We’re not in China and we should not accept that. If you go outside for an emergency, checking your parents, or something else, don’t keep a digital leash turned on with you. If you want to walk out of your home if there’s no one around, same.  
It’s only people who decide or accept to take part in the mass surveillance today. It’s always been the thing since the past two decades.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@MagpulPony  
Thank you.

Can you please also provide a link to the “instant temporary Covid-19 biological ‘shield’ that can protect medical workers for multiple days making them fully immune”?
Patachu

@MagpulPony  
Moderna is working on a vaccine against COVID-19  
And I wish them the best. They are at the same level as Didier Raoult, and many other isntitutes working with their cure. Many potentially works, many won’t. The healthcare and administration want everything to be tested and experimented, this takes time, and time costs lives. The problem is that patients, in the meantime are dying.  
So the best approach is even if a treatment is experimental, it must be tested on actual patients, less scientific approach in double blind, but more empirical. It works? fine. Let’s use this in the meantime. Vaccine ready? Does not causes horrible mutation that would make it in a Rick and Morty episode? Go for it. Let’s not wait further. Better ones will come because we today have science.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@MagpulPony  
Ok, you mean mRNA-1273.

Can you please explain why you think that vaccine has already been developed?

When you tell people “But we already have the vaccine from DARPA”, why are you saying it already exists instead of saying that it, like hundreds of other possible vaccines developed from MERS or SARS or similar already existing products that were developed over the course of years is in trials but we don’t know if it works yet?

And why Moderna instead of Remdesivir? Or Fusogenix? Or ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 or Gimsilumab or AdCOVID or TJM2?

Do you have stock in Moderna? Is that why you are making these claims about their speculative vaccine?

Why not any of the hundred-some other vaccines that are in exactly the same level of “We hope this works” that are currently in development?

And you know that NIAID is supporting its development, right? DARPA didn’t actually “Create” it.
Patachu

@Derpy Whooves  
oh oki.  
It’s not my fault anyways if these politicians are sneaking everywhere they shouldn’t be!

@Typhoon2000  
Everyone should be locked in and stay safe, regardless of who governs you. That’s my point. Don’t think with the government or the opinion of the masses or the media. Think critically with the data we have today, right now, and weigh what is the best for yourself, and thus, others.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Derpy Whooves  
No, I don’t own stock in any company. And because from what I’ve seen, Moderna has been fast tracking more quickly than the other enitites working on similar vaccines. And DARPA didn’t “create” the vaccine itself, but the agency’s research into nucleic acid vaccines as well as mRNA vaccines is what made the technology possible.

Moderna even received 25 million dollars from the agency in 2013 to further DARPAs own research into mRNA vaccines which is partially what gave them the boost needed to rapidly reach phase 1 trials. This achievement included skipping certain safety protocols though officials at DARPA say they are confident that the Moderna trials will prove safe and successful.

And if you know anything about that agency, they tend to get this sort of thing right. And seeing as how they were a huge part of what led to this particular research in the first place, they have an understanding of it that leads me to trust their opinion over any of these other companies.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@MagpulPony  
I reported to DARPA. Please don’t try to tell me things about DARPA. Yes they tend to get these kinds of things right, but “DARPA” isn’t creating a vaccine. Stop saying that.

NIAID is more properly a division of NIH. Although they have collaborated on the work on mRNA-1273, their research into MERS & SARS is seminal to ALL of the current NIH supported research into MERS-CoV vaccines, not just mRNA-1273. Honestly if you’d just say that NIH is helping or collaborating in the development of these it wouldn’t be so weird.

And stop making claims about things like a “instant temporary Covid-19 biological ‘shield’ that can protect medical workers for multiple days making them fully immune” without linking to what the hell you’re talking about.

I know you like DARPA. But DARPA isn’t god.

PS: There’s something like 130 speculative vaccines that are in or near to the same phase of testing as mRNA-1273. None of them “exist” yet in any form that the public can access short of becoming a test subject. Some show promise. None of them are proven.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Derpy Whooves  
DARPA is one of many Government entities I’ve spent a great deal of time studying. Enough to know that reporting to them doesn’t give a tremendous amount of insight to the inner workings of the agency, which is what I was more interested in.

Never claimed they were God, and my claim regarding the Covid-19 Shield? I gave you three different links that called it just that and explained in detail what it would do and how it would work and that it is indeed a real, active project.

And yeah, I’m aware of the hundreds of potential vaccines, and already explained why this particular one is of higher interest in that while darpa did not develop in-house, the vaccine. their partnership and initial funding and research into the very technology used to create said vaccines, is what got it this far in the short period of time.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@MagpulPony  
In the posts that you made on random images about it, you did not link to evidence of your claims. In the future, please do that.

And when I say “reported” that is all I am able to say about my involvement with DARPA. Or, all I care to share publicly on a My Little Pony fan site.

All I am asking is that you stop saying that the vaccines are done, or that some sort of invisible shield already exists that would make doctors immune. No such thing exists in any real way. “Trying to develop” does NOT equal “We have it but we’re not going to give it to people because [reasons]”.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Derpy Whooves  
I’m fairly certain that I did say the Shield was “in development”. If I did not I apologize.

Side note, be sure to tell the researchers involved in the ghosthawk program that a hybrid electric motor setup on the “MHX” was a brilliant idea for maximum decibel killing and please release that battery technology to the civilian smartphone market. lol
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
be sure to tell

You should already know why that is not going to happen.

[edit: unrelated to the topic, but perhaps the only joke I can safely share on this site without giving away the goose is that when folks from my team went to lunch the hallway we went down went past some project teams that were working on different projects that we weren’t supposed to know about, and if someone came out of one of those green doors we’d say; “Did you guys ever figure out what was going on?” and they’d say; “Uhm …” and we’d say; “You know, with the tank.” and they’d say; “Oh! You know about that? Ok, well, you won’t believe this but …”

Good times.]
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide