The Virus Outbreak Thread

RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Goku Black  
2.2% to 2.5% of death rate is already high for a pandemic virus. Not to mention the recovered patients will carry sequelae such as loss sense of smell, lung failure and decreased immunity.  
It’s the matter of life and death and there are already a million fatalities worldwide. Therefore it’s not a small thing. Real life is not Plague Inc and nobody wants to lose their loved ones.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Goku Black

Do me a math favor and take 2.5% of one million. I will be grading on accuracy, no rounding.

Then, you’ve answered your own question.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Zincy  
OK, I’ll bite: 25,000 deaths against a global population of about 8 BILLION still seems like a minor risk.

Now do me a favor and quit trying to change my mind about this. I’m not a doctor, nurse, fireman, policeman, or any other occupation that requires me to try to save EVERYONE. Plus, I’m not interested unless I can somehow profit off of it.

I’ll be unsubbing from this thread for a while. Too many places are discussing covid ad nauseum, right now, and me unsubbing will be one less annoyance.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Goku Black

It’s rare that someone outs themselves as being absolutely scummy. Thanks for being so open, its refreshing.

Also, that’s more like 25k deaths per one million. Now, take that percentage to the roughly 6billion or so potentially susceptible individuals world wide.

Not that I expect you to comprehend nor care.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
72ish % of the US population is over 30.

That’s roughly 237,600,000 people, give or take.  
About 129,000,000 people in the US have some sort of preexisting condition, mostly related to the heart, lungs, or weight.

High balling that to include all 129mil (which includes 18 to 30) would put the death rate at 51,600,000

Low balling that to only include the plus 45 with pre existing, around 50mil’ish puts the death rate at 20,000,000.

These numbers would only happen with 0 mitigation, mind you, but they show how dangerous this virus has the potential to be.

Even if you cut either of those numbers in half, or three fourths, it’s still huge. That would be the numbers if we sat on our hands.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
People don’t want to see themselves as possible victims, and will harden their hearts to “stay safe” rather than help others and “risk” being a victim themselves.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Meanlucario

The sad part is I’m not even expecting, or saying that a person should care about every death. Its physically and emotionally impossible to do so.

But there are a lot of in betweens on the scale of Jesus to Pol Pot. And some of these people seem incapable of expressing even the slightest bit of empathy for their fellow humans. They seem to only care how it affects them. Won’t even give a passing thought to others.

You don’t need to be a bleeding heart, but do try and show a little fucking decency and tact.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Meanlucario

I’m basically the human equivalent to a Ferengi and even I have some level of empathy and kindness.

It’s sickening me.

I read a little peice the other day of a father whose 30ish year old son died. And said father blew it off, and continued to say the virus was an overblown hoax.

Like dude, it killed your kid. That man should have never been allowed to be near his child.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
There’s a reason I believe there’s a higher power, be it a merciful God or eldritch horrors who don’t care about humanity other than a pest isolated to a tiny planet.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide