The Virus Outbreak Thread

Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
@Flutter_Lover
Have I given up my life yet? Have you? Have the vast majority of the global population ever given up yet?

I don’t know, kinda hard to tell since there are now breakthrough cases through the vaccines. 4 in fact.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
What I fear is the lockdown lift in the UK. The government will probably think they did a great job now that the R rate is below 1 (one person infecting fewer than 1 other person). Once the restrictions are eased or lifted, everyone will flood the street (as if they aren’t now) and public venues and another outbreak will be triggered.

The only criterion that should ever be taken is the absolute number of new cases per day. The outbreak stops only when this number is below 50, per country.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
R rate is a mathematical model that doesn’t take any human factor or policy factors into consideration. It’s used in epidemiology to see how fucked up we have been, academically. In practice? It’s just there to look good.
Background Pony #39BC
@Flutter_Lover  
We have three cases of unknown origin in Auckland, which were discovered late yesterday, (although we were only told today) and so the the entire country is going to level 2 and Auckland level three. If you were asking what the levels meant: here’s a lovely copy pasta from here (which you can also find the whole government conference transcript and what not)

“LEVEL 3: Auckland  
-Stay at home and work remotely if possible  
-Schools and daycare only open to children of essential workers  
-Gatherings restricted to 10 people  
-Travel restrictions with borders around Auckland  
-Public venues such as pools and playgrounds closed

LEVEL 2: Rest of New Zealand  
-People can still go to work  
-Schools and daycare remain open  
-Gatherings restricted to 100 people  
-Travel into Auckland restricted”
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I have a sore throat and a sweaty nose, even though I can still smell and I don’t have any headaches or diarrhea.

I’m not sure whether is this Covid or not, or if it’s just me sleeping in a dusty/humid room and eating spicy food.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
I suggest (again) to buy a thermometer and a pulse oximeter to accurately measure temperature and blood oxygen level, which detects fever and breathing difficulty respectively. The reason is because people may get panic and not able to judge accurately. For example, having trouble breathing could be caused by bad lung capacity but lung capacity won’t affect blood oxygen level.

Thought it may give misjudgement such as 37.8°C on my neck when I turn up the heater.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Good news is just beginning in Malaysia:

• Today’s covid cases are just 2720 – although higher than yesterday, still lower than the dreadful 3,000s of cases at the start of the month. There are also 5718 recoveries, outnumbering and double the size of today’s infections.  
  • With less and less new infections, the Malaysian government is lifting some restrictions in some states, including Negeri Sembilan, so more than 3 people can sit at a table. The normal MCO (where people cannot go more than 10km from their homes) has been extended in other states to the start of March, like Selangor and the capital.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
“With less and less new infections, the Malaysian government is lifting some restrictions in some states”  
big mistake
Background Pony #B962
Why people in here think that rubbing alcohol is a total substitute for actually washing your hands?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #B962

Ease and lack of understanding.

Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus, and will do so quicker than washing ones hands. Which, for some, is all the rationality they need to rely on hand sanitizer.

Hand washing behaviors in America, in general, have been piss poor for years.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
How likely is it for The Common Cold to pick up some traits from Covid 19?

Hell, what keeps it from gaining Rabies or Ebola traits seeing as it mutates as much as it damn well pleases?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide