Viewing last 25 versions of post by TenaciousDreamer2nd in topic Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

TenaciousDreamer2nd

I just watched a promo for Alien NIsolation on the Switch, and that got me thinking about how Nintendo has really been pushing for a new "Darker and Edgier" look this generation, as while despite never shying away from M-rated titles, it feels like the Switch has been outright embracing them loudly, yet at the same time keeping their family-friendly profile too. Then again, even some of their regular family-friendly titles this generation are having a darker tone - just look at Mario Odyssey compared to past titles.

It's interesting to watch. And a pretty smart way of getting multiple demographics for them.
No reason given
Edited by TenaciousDreamer2nd
TenaciousDreamer2nd

I just watched a promo for Alien Nation on the Switch, and that got me thinking about how Nintendo has really been pushing for a new "Darker and Edgier" look this generation, as while despite never shying away from M-rated titles, it feels like the Switch has been outright embracing them loudly, yet at the same time keeping their family-friendly profile too. Then again, even some of their regular family-friendly titles this generation are having a darker tone - just look at Mario Odyssey compared to past titles.

It's interesting to watch. And a pretty smart way of getting multiple demographics for them.
No reason given
TenaciousDreamer2nd

I just watched a promo for Alien Nation on the Switch, and that got me thinking about how Nintendo has really been pushing for a new "Darker and Edgier" look this generation, as while despite never shying away from M-rated titles, it feels like the Switch has been outright embracing them loudly, yet at the same time keeping their family-friendly profile too. Then again, even some of their regular family-friendly titles this generation are having a darker tone - just look at Mario Odyssey compared to past titles.

No reason given