Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@silbasa  
That would be acceptable, but the thing is, that isn’t what’s going to happen. Blizzard will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the victims get as little out of all this as possible.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
It is my understanding this happened some time ago and many of them are already gone. And ofc you can bet Blizzard will get rid of them after this and beef up its HR dept.

@Silent_Witness  
I can only speculate, but I think they will want as little bad press as possible and want to settle this asap. Large piles of dough and confidentiality agreements to go around.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
From my understanding, it’s still going on and started even before Activision bought Blizzard. And I’m talking about Activision as a whole, not just Blizzard, even if they are the worst of it.

Sweeping things under the rug is the last thing victims need. At least one woman died from this “bro culture,” and countless more traumatized or worst.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
Too bad companies will fight tooth-and-nail to squirm out of facing the consequences for mistreating other humans. However this case turns out will send a message to other companies. I just pray it’s one that discourage stuff like “bro culture.”
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
There are degrees to all of this, ranging from a suicide to someone beeing offended because someone said “ok you guys” in a meeting. How much of it is criminal offences and how much of it is inappropriate behaviour depends to be seen as we learn more details. Activision will likely make sure this does not happen again due to the bad press and will clean house and pay settlements. I don’t expect much more to come from it all.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
I feel like you’re underplaying all this, considering you’re trying to bring up “they said ‘guys’ instead of ‘gals’ they’re so sexist.” And Ubisoft changed practically nothing after it was revealed how sexist their company is, so I very much doubt that some bad press is nearly enough to make anything change for the better. Abusers won’t change if there is no consequence to their actions.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
They are being sued by the state, consequences incoming. As I clearly stated there are degrees to all of this, ranging from very severe to bad taste. And while it may not have criminal repercussions in every case ofc it will have social consequences for the harassers as they will be fired, blacklisted and so on. That’s how it is and will be, not underplaying anything.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
Again, if you weren’t underplaying it, you wouldn’t through in the “triggered!” crowd in the list of victims speaking out. And you assume that they will lose, which isn’t guaranteed. Bobby has more than enough money to cause crucial people to look the other way or “misplace” evidence. And again, bad publicity didn’t change Ubisoft, so it won’t with Activision. Actual hard consequences like abusers and their defenders being fired and blacklisted is needed, and that will only worked if they are enforced by a reliable party (which means not the current heads of Activision).
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
You are way off the mark here. I never said they would lose, I said they would settle when Activision gives them an offer so high they cannot refuse. Walking home with a ton of money is not losing. As for blacklists, unless it is an official criminal record kept by the police I have idea what form that would take or what party you would consider reliable in keeping such records.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Human nature, bad behaviour never goes away but can to an extent be prevented by various HR policies. In light of all this it would be odd if Activision took no action internally.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
…You have no idea what this is about, do you? It’s not just money, but people being hurt or worst due to higher ups treating them as toys and making life hard on them simply due to their sex. No money will repair that damage, unless it is enough to keep the abusers and their defenders out of work for life. And there seems to be more than enough victim testimonies for the abusers and their defenders to have a record. Please stop talking about this like it’s simply them being underpaid and not sexually harassed or worst.

Human behavior is to be selfish, and looking good will be good enough for Act unless they are actually punished for their actions. I’m not an expert, but I have no doubt that large corporations like Activision can and will get away with this unless they are forced to stop. Bobby was #1 on a top 100 of the USA’s most overpaid CEOs, so they aren’t lacking in money to hide this abuse if they can.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A WoW dev broke the silence today saying that no work is being done on any title right now due to pressure from the lawsuits and WoW hemorrhaging players.

I left a very frustrated message on the survey when I cancelled my sub.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
That’s noble and all but society offers 2 forms of justice, money and jail time for the criminals in serious cases. That’s all there is. And a few millions fixes most things…
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I wonder if people would still act like FO:NV was the greatest game ever made if it was made by Beth. I mean the exact same game, just not by some of the people who worked on FO1 and/or FO2.

@silbasa  
You fail to realize that this was always political, but also related to video games. No idea how that flew over your head.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
Dude, this is not the place for that debate ok? I am well aware of the larger political picture.

As for Fallout NV it’s just such a great sequel to Fallout 2 it’s impossible not to love it. Fallout done right by the right people.

There. Good night.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide