Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Kiryu-Chan  
I was mostly referring to the Capcom side as well.

For what it’s worth, the Marvel side was decent overall (the exclusion of Fox characters aside). My main issue is that the Capcom side had included unnecessary and unpopular choices, all the while cutting out the ones that many people actually liked or wanted.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Deltarune Chapter 2’s… alternate route is… *fucking **dark.***

You end up willfully corrupting Noelle into being a killer, growing strong, via basically emotionally/mentally abusing her into submission, eventually using “Snowgrave” to kill Berdly (Snowgrave is explicitly said to be “FATAL” in the menu, and in the Light World, Berdly doesn’t wake up during the epilogue) when she’s wearing an item that gives the Trance effect (and she tries multiple times to resist that order), and it’s heavily implied she goes on a killing spree after that, after leaving you, due to how the castle is more… empty, how Spamton took over.  
**Proceed  
*Proceed  
Proceed  
You thought Undertale’s Genocide Route was awful? Well, twisting another character to kill because you can’t, via their powerful freezing magic is worse, in a way. Most enemies try to run away in terror, instead of encountering you, so you chase them down. And the worst part is, you can further twist the knife with Noelle in the Epilogue.

And no, it’s not Kris doing this, it’s you compelling them to do this, with them both on the strings. It’s indicated Kris looked hurt, by the other two, when they reunite in that route… and it’s noted by Noelle later that the voice didn’t sound like Kris’…

Even Ralsei, who has many oddities in his own right, seems on some level disturbed/uneasy by how he doesn’t have control like they do normally, in trying and failing to get you to switch to Susie’s POV.

Also, instead of fighting the Queen, you have to fight the chapter’s hidden boss solo at the end, and the outcome of that fight is… something.

So, your choices don’t matter, as they said? You can, seemingly, still fuck things up, by manipulating someone whose choices actually do matter, egging them into doing something ala Chara and Asriel.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Deltarune has SEVEN chapters planned. According to the rate of release, it’d be one chapter per 3 years.

Meaning: you’re more likely to see another recession than the end of Deltarune.
Background Pony #3393
The only series I can think of that did weapon/armor durability well is Dark Souls, and even then, only the first game.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@tehwatever  
I haven’t played the Undertale series yet but the creator sure has talent.

I hope that we never experience another Kitty0706/Edd Gould type loss with him.

DON’T YOU FUCKING EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING HIM, LEUKEMIA!
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Oh, right, Deltarune Chapter 2 is a thing.

I’ve been too busy playing my masochism simulator to play much else.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Background Pony #3393  
Good luck man! These games are tough but they are completely beatable if you remember that patience and observation is the key to victory.

@Background Pony #3393  
5 and 6 are fun as well. Same with 1.

@AC97  
I just watched the Snowgrave route and HO-LY FUCK was that dark. I don’t think I have the heart to do that on my own since Noelle is too pure to be corrupted like that. Yeah it was fun screwing with her at times during my playthrough but I’ve already filled my quota of doing a Genocide Run in this series and I’m not going to do another. Spamton taking over the castle was quite funny though.

Yeah I figured that Toby would throw a curve ball at us with the whole “your choices don’t matter” stuff.

@tehwatever  
|| Let’s hope the next chapter doesn’t take that long.||
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@tehwatever
I haven’t played the Undertale series yet but the creator sure has talent.
I hope that we never experience another Kitty0706/Edd Gould type loss with him.
DON’T YOU FUCKING EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING HIM, LEUKEMIA!

or worse Covid.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
I think Toby’s got more framework than he did three years ago, so he might be better off in that regard, but it really couldn’t come soon enough, regardless.

@Red-Supernova  
There’s something more intrinsically unnerving about doing this to Noelle, compared to Genocide, and then tormenting her in the Light World in a way that she seems to be on the path to realizing how fucked things are… (also you can approach her, interrupting her dialogue in the darkness by walking to the right, and she panics).

Notably, in the Spamton NEO fight, it says “Kris calls for help,” with Ralsei and then Susie, but when Noelle is called, it says “You whispered Noelle’s name,” right before she comes in and kills him on a black screen.

There’s no ambiguity in-universe this is all your fault. There’s no ambiguity you’re playing as a completely foreign entity from Kris.

It’s so bizarre how this sounded like it would be fake, and yet it’s all real. Hacking shows that the Snowgrave spell *reduces enemies to red dust.*
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
So since I’m p sure the dedicated Deltarune/Undertale thread is dead and buried. Or I’m just not going to go and look for it…

full

I did a think.

@tehwatever  
||Deltarune has SEVEN chapters planned. According to the rate of release, it’d be one chapter per 3 years.
Meaning: you’re more likely to see another recession than the end of Deltarune.||

From what I’ve heard, and I don’t know if Toby’s situation has changed is that he’s looking for or has a team to help him. I know I saw posts several years ago about him recruiting for people to help finish the game, since income from Undertale means he can pay people to help develop the rest of the game. He more or less has all the writing and such done for the game and just needs or needed people to help assemble the game itself.

Of course, I’ve heard nothing new since that.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@AC97  
Yeah, this really makes you feel more like a bastard than Undertale made you feel. Also hacking for Chapter 2 is available already? And holy shit, could that be how Darkners die?!
Background Pony #3393
What retro-style indie games do you recommend? I’m looking for games that emulate the feel and difficulty of NES games.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide