Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Apparently there was a Mario game on Famicom Disk System and Game Boy Color that could be used with a sewing machine? 🤔
And apparently there was going to be a Kirby version on GBC but it was canceled.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Comcast’s ill-fated G4 relaunch was confirmed dead last night and will once again cease operations after just a year and a half.
I saw this coming from a mile away. There was zero chance a relaunch would work given the proliferation of digital gaming media largely serving G4’s purpose, albeit in a (comparatively) more competent manner.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

This response alone blow Taylor out of the water as calling for a boycott means all of these people get screwed over over ONE voice actor. And I am sure there’s a vid being rendered and uploaded right now, that will be a diatribe of mostly nothing, that’ll explain why the budget instead of making sure the programmers, testers, concept artists and the like that work munch harder on the game should go to someone that works a about four voice session, which are a few hours at a time.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Impressions of different Warhammer 3 campaigns:
Helman Ghorst. The best time I’ve had playing the Vampire Counts. Their economy and growth are no longer shit so I can actually have cities with buildings and it’s easy to get trade agreements with Cathay. Zombies are dirt cheap and Ghorst buffs them a lot. Throw in a necromancer for extra spells and healing, a wight king to tank and duel, some crypt horrors for damage, corpse carts or ideally mortis engines for their auras, and you have a near unstoppable tide of undead. Expect Ghorst to be nerfed later.
Skarbrand. I played him in a purely offensive way befitting Khorne, rushing and attacking everyone he could. As strong as Skarbrand and the blood hosts can be, the distance between settlements is against him in the Badlands and eventually he was ambushed and killed by beastmen. I could play smarter of course, but that’s not what the game encourages you to do.
Vilitch the Curseling. Vilitch more than makes up for my initial disappointment that Egrimm Van Horstmann was not included in the Champions of Chaos DLC. He’s a cool character and a hybrid lord strong in both magic and melee. He’s a puppet master manipulating other factions through his vassals and the Changing of the Ways. It’s very Tzeentchian. The warband upgrade system is a brilliant addition and I’d like to see something similar implemented for other factions. The warband upgrade system is especially appreciated because regular recruitment opportunities are limited.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Getting real tired of every game having season passes now.
I’m trying to juggle TF2’s Scream Fortress, Fallout 76’s season, and DBD’s Rift. TF2 is the only one I really want to play, but occasionally I get the itch to play 76 and DBD so thanks to FOMO I don’t want to miss out.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Don’t DBD season pass cosmetics end up in the shop a few months down the line?
I know the Clowns elephant costume and Bills special forces outfit were in the pass before abd they both ended up in the shop
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Yeah, about 6 months after their rift ends.
Problem is they A) sometimes can only be bought with premium currency, always more than their worth (new characters altogether are $5. Skins can go anywhere between $3 to $15), or B) be sold for literally dozens of hours of gameplay for the “free” currency: anywhere between like 5000 to 21000 of which. For the record, non-licensed characters can be bought for 9000 shards each, which translates to very roughly 24 hours of gameplay, not including loading times ot waiting.
DBD is a very grind-heavy game that does all it can short of loot boxes to entice you to pay extra for it.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
If the three Street Fighter girls that debuted in SFIII doesn’t eventually reappear in SFVI I’ll be dissapointed.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Thanks.
I always wondered what it was like to soyface. Deltarune, my favorite thing, changing its Steam page from Early Access to “coming soon” let me experience it.
Hard West is on sale 85% off for only $3.
It combines my 2 favorite things: XCOM, and something else.
I haven’t played it yet though.
Cyborg_pony

@Mighty Aphrodite
Abridged version:
Helena Taylor isn’t Bayonetta in Bayo3, Jen Hale is
Months after this was known, Taylor makes a vid saying she was only offered 4,000 to voice her.****
Goes on to say Hale isn’t Bayo, and uses manipulative language and tells people to to boycott.****
Kamiya makes tweet that sparks Taylor isn’t being truthful.
Hale puts out message being civil.(above message) which makes Taylor look very much to have done it out of ego.
Many have looked into thing and found many going rates for two weeks of voice work Taylor has done is around $900 an hour. Getting 4K doesn’t seem as bad now and looks more like greed.
“Boycott” appears to have failed.
That’s pretty much it.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mighty Aphrodite
Helena Taylor was being paid 4k for voicing the main character for one of Platinum’s top franchise and and shared it after not being voicing her in the third game.
Kamiya (a higher up in Plat) said that she is lying, but refuses to say how and blocking people who ask him how (possibly lying to save face if the ones making the NBA’s can’t talk about what happened).
Hale says that she wasn’t aware of the situation when she signed up for the part (Helena accused her of taking the part foe unsavory reasons), and agrees that Helena should have been paid the proper amount for her roll, even with Helena bad mouthing her.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony
I don’t think the boycott would of solved anything, or made a difference. In fact, if nobody buys the game, Platinum Games might get the wrong idea and put the series on ice for a decade or so. (Like Nintendo did StarFox when SFZero/Guard sold poorly.)
Game companies don’t always understand the right message, and honestly online petitions or protests hardly work.
I remember Sonic fans tried to protest Sega over changing the game voice cast to the anime cast, or over “green eyes in Sonic 4,” and those protests didn’t do anything.
In fact, the “Buy Sonic 1 on Sonic 4’s release day” protest (anyone remember that?) was pure cringe, because they’re still giving Sega money. lol
Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky
It wouldn’t have. Even if she successfully tanked the game’s sales, Kamiya holds a grudge.
I don’t know how much I believe him given his history, but there was something suspicious with Taylor’s vid from the get-go. With her replacement being Hale, she would be about 4K with her experience. Even if it was 4K total. That is 4K for a 2 weeks of work, which as much as jobs like sewage and electrical maintenance in an entire month but she was greedy and got was stricken with a God complex like Sean Schemmel.
“Won’t someone please think of the starving VAs!!”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony
Yeah, we don’t know the whole story, and she might not be as much of a victim as she claims.
Also, breaking her NDA, and speaking out against Platinum, encouraging boycotting the game, and such isn’t going to make Platinum rehire her. It might even make other studios reluctant to hire her. So boycotting the game will not ever get her back.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide