Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
At least Dark Souls remaster got the game onto the PS4 and added a bonfire (as well as tweak some of the mechanics). Skyrim Remaster didn’t even do that, I believe.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Only games who’s graphics didnt aged well should deserve a remaster.

Half Life: Source could have been a good remaster if Valve decided to upgrade more than just the models and not ruining the AI and hitboxes.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Dustcan

People also get remasters when they couldn’t get them on a previous console because they had no money back then or, in my particular case, the console they originally had the game went down like a trooper and is unusable… Rest in peace my beautiful princesses’ PS3 and PS2.

“but you can get the same on a PC”. Not everyone wants a PC for games. It’s not the same being on a chair than on a coach or even your bed and holding a controller forgetting the outside world inevitably will drag us back into is existential nightmare lotus eater gears until we perish.

That being said, I agree with Lucario that not all games deserve a remaster, but that’s the thing it’s entirely subjective. Some games could use a remaster since they either aged poorly or downright need to be entirely made from the ground up COUGHASSASSINSCREED3COUGH

I for one wouldn’t mind a remaster of “World’s Scariest police chases” THAT WAS THE SHIT! BUTT, it is true, for one, is not something that is on demand or will make cash flow (remasters ARE a business) and two, part of what makes games great is that feel of being old and clunky. That’s their charm.

Like the first Fallouts and their isometric pixelation.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Mikey  
The fandom could create a patch for HLS (which they did, but was put on hiatus and finally cancelled), and have a big modded community. But eh, I guess taking the long road worth it.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@QuasarNova  
I said that DS1’s remaster had some, if small, changes, at ported it to newer consoles.

I agree that Classic Fallout games deserve a remake in their original overhead view and grid/turn base style.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario  
Though it didn’t fix a lot of the bugs from the original. And they removed the original PC version and should have let PC players have the remaster for free IMO.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey  
Sadly, it’s still more than Skyrim’s remasters ever did. And I agree with that, though it only being $20 on PC ($40 on console) at least makes it less bad.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario  
Yeah, it is less bad but it’s still kinda shit. Being free would have made up for the hack job port of the original and removing it as well.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I’m considering giving Oblivion another chance when I’m able to buy it on Steam, though I remember that you can lock yourself from beating the story somehow, and that worries me.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Dustcan

Huh, didn’t expect that. I swear I remembered hearing that the third game was either canceled or put on hold to focus on the remake of the first game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide