Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Background Pony #DAAF
The worst part is, Nintendo knows they’ll still sell a shitload of hardware, and as long as they keep making money, they don’t see any reason to improve.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #9A68  
That’s kinda unfair, because Nintendo has improved many things over the years, and have addressed things fans wanted. (Fans wanted SNES games on Switch, so they got them.) And regardless of the backlash over their online service, most of their online games still work fine. Heck, their 3DS online games still work fine.

And honestly, online gaming isn’t everything.

@QuasarNova  
It’s still kinda subjective really. Plus with collectors, some would rather own a game cartridge then a mere download, that they’ll lose if something goes wrong with their system.

As for phone/tablet mobile gaming, replacing portables, that’s what people said about the 3DS, and it still did well.  
Unless you have a proper bluetooth controller, toucscreen gaming doesn’t work for every game, and with how many buttons some games require, and how choppy some Mobile games look, they don’t all work on Mobile perfectly.

Heck, my new phone can’t even display “Sonic CD Classic” properly, and shrinks it to a quarter of the screen size… Yay for “more advanced” technology! At least, the Sonic games on 3DS or Switch display perfectly fine.
Background Pony #DAAF
@Beau Skunky

I’m talking strictly about online.

What have they improved?

I will say, that at least you can count on Nintendo games to be functional, and not require a patch to be playable.
Background Pony #DAAF
Also, Nintendo doesn’t get praise for putting SNES games on the Switch when they should have been on the Switch day 1.
Background Pony #DAAF
That you think Nintendo deserves praise for doing the bare minimum shows how low people’s expectations for the company are.

We need to hold them to higher standards.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Scrabbleman  
It’s debatable what the “best” is, but let’s please not turn this into a console/company war…

Oy vey, while I don’t wanna add fuel to the fire, and I do understand Nintendo isn’t infallible or perfect, (I’ve criticised them myself) it does kinda annoy me people mostly criticise them, but hardly ever Sony or Microsoft. So I do understand your annoyance with that.

@Background Pony #9A68  
The reason Switch didn’t have NES or SNES games on Day 1 is simple, they actually have to get the original source codes for the games, and have to work on them to make them work on Switch software, (Companies don’t have a magic button that instantly ports games) and due to Nintendo’s high standards they have to spend awhile bug-testing them, fixing problems, testing the rewind/save/custom features, the emulation, the anti-piracy measures, and such to make sure they work on the new software. Even porting games is not an instant process, and Nintendo software is different from a PC.  
Not to mention, third-party games from Capcom, and such require licensing costs, negotiations, and such.

Nintendo even admitted the reason retro game rereleases have gotten slow, is because they want to focus their development time more on new games, then porting old ones. (Perhaps, then they should license M2 or Hamster to port/remake more of their old games.)
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@[Ω]  
I never fought them myself, but they seem to just be floating jellyfish, and their cousin (a much smaller version that’s blue and has 4 tentacles instead of 6) attacked me at close range.

@QuasarNova  
Skyrim also thinking that wyverns are dragons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide