Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #AF63  
Didn’t “Last of Us 2” fail? Meanwhile, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Maker 2, and such have been well received. Regardless how you feel about Lego Mario, it’s nice to see Nintendo branch out, and becoming more open to licensing. (Now if only they’d license Donkey Kong to Arcade1UP.)  
The new Min-Min SSB DLC fighter has been well received too.

Dude, they’re not going to be forgotten anytime soon, please stop doom-saying Nintendo all the time. People like you have been saying Nintendo is “going out of business” sense the SNES days.
Background Pony #AF63
@Beau Skunky

Sony is always a step ahead Nintendo and everyone else. They make less game quantitatively speaking, but they always end up being the talk of everyone in the Internet. The last year, even with it’s not stellar sales, Death Stranding was WAAAY more discussed than ANYTHING that Nintendo released despite pretty much all the Nintendo games released then sold more than Death Stranding. And now it’s happening again with The Last of Us Part 2, a game that while very divisive, it still manages to get much more attentions than anything else. The frustrating thing is that these games don’t put the gameplay on the frontline. They are successfull thanks to stories, Graphics and cinematics, but their gameplay is not really that stellar. And even on the same Sony: games that focused much on Gameplay than everything else (Ratchet & Clank, Spider Man and Horizon, ironically the only Sony games I’d actually like to play) were forgotten quite quickly. Times have changed, gameplay is becoming second rate for videogames, nowadays people care more for graphics and cinematics than instead, this is why Nintendo’s games, as well as many other games that put Gameplay above everything else, don’t receive much attention and as someone who prefers games that focused on gameplay, this is discouraging me. I really hope Sony doesn’t become a “model” on this regard because if videogames will become much graphics and few gameplay then I will REALLY lose any interest in this media.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Sony is always a step ahead Nintendo and everyone else.

Not true, remember the PSP, PS Vita, PS3 & the Playstation Mini Classic? Nintendo outdid all of those.

And now it’s happening again with The Last of Us Part 2, a game that while very divisive, it still manages to get much more attentions than anything else.

I haven’t seen much discussion of it lately especially in this thread, and here it’s almost unanimously negative.

Times have changed, gameplay is becoming second rate for videogames, nowadays people care more for graphics and cinematics than instead, this is why Nintendo’s games, as well as many other games that put Gameplay above everything else, don’t receive much attention and as someone who prefers games that focused on gameplay, this is discouraging me. I really hope Sony doesn’t become a “model” on this regard because if videogames will become much graphics and few gameplay then I will REALLY lose any interest in this media.

I wouldn’t worry, as some more cinematic games have gotten heat for focusing too much on making pretty cinematics then a good game. (In fact, some series like Sonic & Metroid get heat when they focus on story too much) And I still see Nintendo’s games getting attention, like the upcoming Paper Mario, and third party, and indie games that were formally only on rival systems are now coming to Nintendo.  
Not really the sign of Nintendo struggling, and some gamers are getting sick of cinematic-focused games. Not to mention, Nintendo has quite a few story focused games too, but still focus on gameplay.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Not to mention, people forget Nintendo games like Zelda, Star Fox, and even Pikmn have had alot of focus on story, and even some like Mario, and Metroid progress their stories in subtle clever ways. Like in Super Metroid || when you defeat Ridley, but find the Metroid larva escaped it’s container… Then later you meet the Giant Metroid.|| All done in realtime with no cinematic scene breaks.

Heck, the opening & ending scenes for Super Mario Galaxy are epic.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Yoooo I missed RE8’s trailer for a WHOLE MONTH! I only saw it like, JUST NOW! That’s doooope!

So we’re gonna get a new RE7, but it’s gonna be in a village like RE4. Okay sure.

Also looks like ETHAN is our new boy now.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Well, KOTOR is pissing me off. I’m on Tatooine and am trying to go for a peaceful solution, but this game isn’t giving me an option. I have HK-47 with me, us meatbags are in disguise, and I loaded the game outside of Sand People territory due to the bug with loading a save in it, yet the guard attacks me on sight. I’m not even given the option to retreat. This is really pissing me off.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Anyway I’ve now resumed playing Golden Sun The Lost Age and just got through all of Air’s Rock. …I can see why it’s so infamous.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Witch Dagger!
Huh, so Chugga is playing Battle for Bikini Bottom, Pokemon Shield and, unsurprisingly, Xeno DE. I wonder if he has plans on doing Xeno 2 in the future, because that would be fun.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide