Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
The downside about SAO: Fatal Bullet is that it isn’t cross play, kinda sad you can’t have an online matches with people on different platforms; then again Sony is a really stubborn company.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@tehwatever

It ties into my bigger complaint of how there are next no mainstream games where you fight against a legitimate authority or institution. Saints Row 2 is pretty close, since you play as an outright villain in that game (and is one of the reasons I love it). “No Russian” from Modern Warfare 2 is another close example, since you’re gunning down Russian civilians.

People may bring up the GTA games, but think about it: all the people you’re doing ill to in those games are shitheads to begin with. They’re not I only seem bad because the system I support and work for makes me do bad things, but I’m evil corrupt police officer voiced by Sam Jackson or I’m evil Russian mobster man or I’m evil government official.

Why is it that we can have books, movies, and tv shows that examine this, but very few videogames? We’re either outsiders going in to kick the shit out of some nefarious group, or fighting a nefarious group that’s subverted our (the player-character’s) own society or institution.

@Meanlucario

Ubisoft, not Activision, though the latter is just as guilty of it as the former.

@WyrmSpawN

In the first (and superior) Mass Effect, Liara (amongst others) will outright correct you if your Shepard (or Kashley) says that “the Asari are an all-female race” or something to that effect, with “actually, while we may look female to you, we’re actually a one/mono-gendered race” or something to that effect.

It was only in the inferior sequels that the “all-female” thing became the norm…along with ruining Liara’s character (the bastards).
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Why is it that we can have books, movies, and tv shows that examine this, but very few videogames?

Because there’s still the stereotype that they’re for small children, and this isn’t going away anytime soon…
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@WyrmSpawN

I’ll have to take your word for it, as I’m not that familiar with the Steven Universe lore.

@Wiimeiser

Only if you’re Nick Xenophon and his fuckwitted sycophants.

@WyrmSpawN

Papers, Please is a good example if you live in an authoritarian country, and shows that what I’m talking about can be both made, and be engaging as well.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
FFXIV is pretty great. The combat feels better, more skill based than WoW. The questing is great, story is interesting. Also, the game has fucking class quests!
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ebalosus  
I was thinking the Division, where at one time, the director(I think) was read what’s on the back of the game case in an interview and their response was “that’s your interpretation.”

@Ebalosus  
When they’re all drawn as female, and in the first game, they’re all very touchy other than Liara, it’s not hard to see why they went that route.

@WyrmSpawN  
That’s what I said.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
So the avgn remaster replaced the nostalgia critic with Fred Fuchs

Fred is a nice addition, (does he look like Gilbert Gottfried?) though it is curious why the NC was removed. (Maybe ‘cause Doug doesn’t have full ownership of the character anymore.)

@Red-Supernova  
Some of those characters like the Snow Brothers & Sega’s obscure Dynamite Ducks were never on Wii Virtual Console though.

And yes, her design is cute. lol
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I might be wrong but I think that the rights belongs to Mike Michaud Since almost the beginning.  
If it is copyright then there’s something wrong here a specially Michaud is still one of doug’s friends  
My 1st guess that James doesn’t want to be associated with him anymore by the looks of it it’s been almost 2 years since they done anything together
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide