Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Background Pony #EEEC
It took me 3 days to beat Ornstein and Smough.

Is that good, or about average?
Background Pony #EEEC
Sometimes, Smough will jump backwards repeatedly, giving you an easy shot at hitting him and dealing a lot of damage.
Background Pony #EEEC
I think I might be bad at Dark Souls. It usually takes me a day to a day and a half to beat a boss.
Background Pony #EEEC
>Play Bloodborne for the first time  
>Not be able to beat Amelia  
>After beating DS1 and playing DS2 and DS3, start a new game on Bloodborne  
>Beat Amelia on first try this time

Was I properly leveled up for Amelia, or was she easier because I had more experience with Soulsborne?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

Besides the obvious in the nations they were developed in, there’s the themes and story beats as well as gameplay elements more associated to them.

Like, it’s tough to explain offhand, but a rule of thumb is that wrpg stories are more about dragons and myth and stuff steeped in metaphors and the leads being ubermensches, while a jrpg typically deals with gods and religion with a band of comrades.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Meanlucario  
This is just a personal view, but I’ve always felt that the difference between WRPGS and JRPGS is their areas of focus. Now it isn’t always a hard rule, but I’ve always felt that WRPGS put more emphasis on the world itself, and how the player’s actions impact that world. JRPGS, on the other hand, put more focus on the characters, and the bonds between them. And that’s best reflected in how the lead character is presented- a lot of JRPGS typically give you a predefined character, while WRPGS typically let the player create their own.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide