Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I wonder how many old-school RPG fans want to crucify me for not caring about Baldur’s Gate, since it looks like just another virtual D&D campaign to me.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Meanlucario

Almost all older rpgs are basically just digital D&D campaigns. Complete with the same rulesets.

I think the original Fallouts were notable for breaking the mold since their leveling system didn’t follow D&D’s structure. And that’s only because they didn’t get the rights to, so they had to make their own.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Meanlucario  
I’m more into the diablo-eque dungeon action crawler once. Baldur’s Gate is just a one player experience with Xcom like battles.

D&D is all about the experience with friends. That’s why something like WoW got popular, because it was the closet to that without needing to have everyone in the same room for several hours. They can be all at their houses from several hours! :D
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
That’s what I noticed. I remember Starting Neverwinter Night, thinking it felt to much like ordinary D&D, and booting up Baldur’s Gate only to realize it’s the same thing. At least KOTOR had a Star Wars skin. I’m so glad that PoE was different from D&D, even though that was the audience it was aimed towards.

Glad they didn’t get it. I wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much if I kept on asking why I shouldn’t just find a campaign online.

@Background Pony #6F1D  
Care to enlighten me on why I’m wrong? Don’t fear spoiling me.

@Cyborg_pony  
The human interactions is what makes D&D (and most TTRPGs) great. And there are plenty of MMOs, WOW was just the one that got the most attention (though ESO tickles my fancy more).
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I remember Starting Neverwinter Night, thinking it felt to much like ordinary D&D, and booting up Baldur’s Gate only to realize it’s the same thing.

It is. Same engine, assets, etc. I remember them advertising you can import your NWN chara into BG or vice versa.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
Funny how things have changed. You have to recreate your character in PoE2 even if you transfer a save world up, partly because your character dies before you have any control.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Ah, so the Tal’darim were never linked to the Khala. They left Aiur before Amon created it to subjugate the Protoss. That’s why they can keep their ponytails without getting brainwashed.

…Kinda an oversight on Amon’s part though.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I wish every RPG wasn’t infected with stupid notions that having tons of unavoidable bad outcomes to quests because of the game wanting to push arbitrary consequences for everything, i really want to play Greedfall but there is just no way it’s not going to hammer my anxiety non stop especially since i can’t fix every thing even if i waste tons of time studying walkthroughs,
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Meanlucario  
An early quest in greedfall requires you to have points in stealth or else you are forced to fight and kill a dude’s parents who were trying to get him back,

@Mikey  
Don’t you have a busy schedule of not recognizing extremely common slurs and acting smug about it? or is this “Mikey uses his fancy green badge to try and fucking bully people” hours?
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
Context? How does stealth solve this problem? Why are the parents attacking people? Why were they separated in the first place?

How is that relevant to the topic at hand? Or do you have no counter argument and have to dig up dirt on people in hopes that they will coward out of an argument?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide