Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Meanlucario  
His parents claim that they were tricked into signing him over to a sailing guild, and after finding him again as an adult had him kidnapped to try and “save him” if you can’t sneak out you have to kill them,

@Mikey  
You heard me, your a third rate mod who shouldn’t be allowed to have that badge, no matter how desperate the actual staff is for help taking on a pompous self absorbed bully like you is ridiculous to an extreme, so maybe focus on not being a complete failure at the responsibility you chose to take up instead of trying to score quick browny points with users by encouraging a dog piling on another user for daring to find a element of game design annoying,
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Thanotos Omega

Or maybe you should stop being an over sensitive crybaby who always throws a tantrum when the world does not catter to your liking and then take it on everyone who does not share your viewpoint as if it was the absolute truth
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
And my Pillars of Eternity recommendation is ignored. Joy.

@Thanotos Omega  
Weird. At least Pillars of Eternity tend to give you multiple peaceful solutions for stat variations.

You going to provide evidence or just say that stuff to make yourself feel better and not counter his argument? I highly doubt that you lack skeletons in your closet.
Background Pony #6F1D
@Background Pony #6F1D  
Yeah? Remember when 2077 was paraded about as an RPG untill a few months before release when all references to it being an RPG were scrubbed from the store page? Why? Because it’s few choices were meaningless or bottlenecked to oblivion. A free roaming action game that tried to pass itself off as an RPG.

“Hybrid RPG’s” that think a binary choice every chapter or two and a perk tree with fewer branches than a Hillbilly’s family tree are a dime dozen these days.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
Nah, it’s mostly the whole gods thing i don’t care for, also pulling an ME3 with the ending of 2 where they seem to not consider the viability of the verse for future games, don’t get me wrong i played a decent amount of it, and may well pick it up again later as long as it stays on gamepass, but i really like how dynamic Greedfall’s combat was,

I’m also having a depressive episode right after basically completing most of Slime Rancher so i am kinda floundering grasping for things that won’t be too stressful,
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
Again, play the first game. It’s currently 60% off on GOG, and includes both DLCs (the Definitive edition does at least). Things tend to make more sense if you play them in order.

And if completing a game depresses you, than you may need to seek help since something tells me that the game isn’t the source of your depression.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
I can follow the plot fine, i had to do a decent amount of research since 2’s story required it, it’s just the execution that i don’t care for, and besides it’s also on gamepass so price isn’t an issue thanks to the Aquisition by MS,

I am watching Age of Sigmar: Storm ground but even if i had tons of gameplay to see i still wouldn’t consider trying to preorder after the burn of Outriders, and even this badass lady in cool armor ain’t gonna be enough to over come that

full

And it wasn’t i have depression, it just so happens that i completed an amazing game right when i could have used it’s comfort,
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
The story was serviceable in PoE1 as well, but it more than made up for it in other ways, mostly the gameplay. It’s a great game (one I ended on over 172 hours on when I finished it).
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
How much of it is spent on retelling the story from 1, I strongly belive that BioWare damaged RPGs badly by popularizing direct sequels with Mass Effect and Dragon Age, i am very cewrtain i would have felt the same about those games were i not an early adopter of the franchises,
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
I remember there being a 5 minute text crawl, the god of death questioning your decision and your pledge to them, and having a companion from the first game being with you from the start of the game being it. I fail to see how that makes the intro “terrible.”

And you would have Fallout 2 than. DA2 isn’t much of a “direct sequel,” to be frank. Honestly, hating that your actions carry over to another game in the franchise is just silly to me.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
There also the really long walk while images and voices recount stuff from the first game and the whole issue of the game not giving explanations in the choices about the first game, and i spent quite awhile on TVtropes before jumping in so less studious players likely were very unimpressed which is probably why it bombed,

It is if it’s something that requires thought and effort to properly ensure the best outcomes/has major gameplay effects, you legit are gimped if you don’t import a properly planned out save file into most of them,
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
That’s your character reflecting on their life as they walk to the afterlife after dying. That’s a bit of a given. Again, stop blaming the game for choosing to skip the first game.

I think you’re overthinking how it works. It’s simply your actions in one game affecting the world later down the line. Some tend to be better than others, but rarely are they as important as you’re claiming. And if you are roleplaying in a roleplaying game, than it should be more on them reflecting your character’s actions and personality rather than you trying to make it “perfect.” Trust me, it’s much more fun to accept that you can’t create a “perfect” world and to go with what you think your character would do (unless you are willing to edit some files and/or use mods).
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
I had perfect runs of ME1 and 2 that were curated with extreme effort, for both maleshep because i was still working through shit back then and Femshep, and i did it on console, because my PC is like 13 years old and was mediocre when it was new,
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
And? And why do I feel like we have two different definitions of a “perfect” ME run?

Why would playing a MShep require you to go through issues? Roleplaying a male or female shouldn’t require issues either way, unless you’re obsessed with being said character. I don’t identify as a woman, but I have no problems playing as one, so I’d think someone who’s gender fluid would be at ease playing both sexes in RPGs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide