Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
The woman who translated Metal Gear Solid 2, on Kojima’s (lack of) writing talent.

full

full

full

She’s like… the third person - and the second translator - to repeat the exact same thing about Kojima. Just FYI.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Terminal Red  
Imma try defend Kojima on only one point: Man can write about any theme he wants, even on themes he knows nothing about.  
The whole MGS series has always been a parody of American / Western Militarism in popular hollywood movies, anyway. He’s been writing fanfics for entertainment.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Terminal Red

“Watching a bunch of Michael Bay movies does not [teach you about Western Media]”.

Ouch. That’s a burn you don’t recover from.

But more to the point, yeah. She’s got a lot of points. It’s long been known that Kojima really wants to write movies. Like I contend with Kojima not knowing how to write characters or entertaining plots, but when you make dozens of 20 minute to hour long cutscenes you’re kinda taking the easy road to explore your character’s motivations. He very much does not have the ability to do more with less.

That and MGS are typically my only exposure to political/war thrillers, so I don’t know if he’s any good at that compared to his peers or if the novelty of the genre is artificially boosting my enjoyment.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think Kojima is the type of writer who writes great stories but doesn’t know how to write these stories in a way that many people will love or even localize it to other languages (in his case, japanese to english). That part has to be insanely stressing for a translator.

For example, I really like Death Stranding, but I don’t like the characters, the writing, the dialogue or the constant use of continuous shots, because most of this information is either dense or redundant, which is a problem. You could argue that the e-mails tell that story you’re interested to read, but I think there are better options. Different camera angles, different timing, concise lines, emotion, etc.

Even though I like Kojima, I think he needs to know how to make it concise or simple, especially if he’s really interested in the language of cinema.
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Terminal Red  
Kojima’s big dream is he wanted to be apart of Hollywood. He’ll say and do anything to feel like, and try to be Hollywood - and knowing he has such a cult following, he thinks they’ll eat up whatever.(Reminder; he made Lords of Shadow) There’s many reasons why they’re selling Death Stranding “Director’s Cut” (can’t get more director’s cut then the first) onto PS5 at $70 just two years removed from release date.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
I’ve just beat Ys:Memories of Celceta. And with that I can officially say that I’ve passed the halfway mark of my playthrough of the Ys series.  
Next up, Ys V, the black sheep of the franchise, and the only one to not have any kind of release in the west. Luckily translation patches are a thing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide