Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I wonder if people would still act like FO:NV was the greatest game ever made if it was made by Beth. I mean the exact same game, just not by some of the people who worked on FO1 and/or FO2.

No.

I’ve lurked the official forums of both companies. I’ve lurked NoMutantsAllowed. I’ve been a part of the TvTropes threads.

Fallout fanboys, or more specifically Obsidian fanboys, are unironically this:

full

You could slap a chicken-scratch sticky note saying “Bethesda” over the Obsidian logo on NV and the fanboys will without hesitation call it trash. You could slap the same yellow sticky note, but with white-out over it and chicken-scratch in “Obsidian” - over the the Bethesda logo for FO3 and the fanboys will without hesitation call it literal Jesus.

Literally nothing changed, not one line of code or one shade of a single color, and opinions will still be 100% dependent on which logo pops up on the credits.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
That is certainly what it feels like. NV has good stuff, but now it’s just a slog for me with the Dead Money DLC. NV even locks the references behind a trait, which is very unfaithful to the series. And just using the music from 1 and 2 feel lazy and them going “we made FO1 and 2! We won’t let you forget that!”
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I was contemplating doing a Crash N. Sane Trilogy livestream, but due to all that’s happened, I think I’m gonna postpone it until further notice.

It’s not a good time to do one, nor am I in the mood for it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Remembering Dead Space, I’m kinda still surprised at the canning of the series. They really franchised the games; 3 main games, 3 spinoffs, about 2 movies, several comics, several books, etc.

A very well walked series that died was murdered because the third game sold “only” 3 million copies.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Personally, I think Star Fox Zero could benefit from a Switch port. It could make the game not as aggravating compared to the Wii U original.

@Mikey  
But what does this mean for someone like me who wants to complete as much games as I can in my lifetime? Should I just settle with the “beaten” status for Metroid games?

@Mikey  
That would be cool to see but I think Nintendo fears that any other franchise that’s not Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, maybe Kirby and maybe Animal Crossing would be too “niche” to invest a lot of money into and would just result in loosing more money than gaining.

@Background Pony #A94E  
Still doesn’t change the fact that the Boobeam Trap is still the worst boss of MM2. :P
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am an above average fan of Fallout. Ever since I played the first demo of it back in 97. Then I got my hands on Fallout 2 and a bit later Fallout 1. Been a fan ever since.

I enjoyed the Bethesda Fallouts and the Interplay/Obsidian Fallouts. Even the ailing mess that is Fallout 76…

Bethesda is great at design and environmental storytelling. Their attention to the details in their worldspaces is excellent. They brought Fallout into the modern world and did a very good job at it for the most part.

The way Bethesda structures quests and stories leaves a little to be desired for me though. Often very linear and very few consequences of player choices. Bethesda games are also unable to account for just how much time has passed in the world of Fallout, 200+ years after the war everyone still lives in small shack settlements. No bigger social organizations have formed at all. There’s still food in every fridge.

The Interplay/Obsidian games does a very good job evolving the setting and the players in it from game to game. People live and die, groups grow and expand or die. Their quests are usually interesting with multiple choices. Great companions. Tons of references. And ending slides for every little thing.

Interplay/Obsidian games do often suffer a bit on the design aspect though, sometimes overly complex systems don’t work or parts of the games are not finished/polished since they ran out of time. New Vegas lacked parts of the legion content to flesh it out more and San Francisco not being quite up to par with the rest of Fallout 2 is a couple of examples.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
I just checked. I have almost 32 hours in FO2. I gave the game more than enough time to be fun. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing, and I “had to be there” to enjoy that buggy mess.
Background Pony #A94E
Reads about the Activision-Blizzard lawsuit

Fuck it, burn the gaming industry to the ground!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide