Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Impossible for me to understand what they actually wanted.

They just want to be left alone. They tried to play nice with the people above ground, they even tried to establish contact and (secret) relations, but Wastelanders proved to savage and/or barbaric. So now they just want to fix their reactor so they can achieve complete self-sustainability.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan  
Actually their long term goal is the erasure of prewar culture to allow them to more easily replace it with their own, this is why they got the Ghouls kicked out of Diamond City and why they actively undermine the surface with things like dumping super mutants up there, they want the wastelanders to die off or at least become to ignorant of the world to resist their “order” and or be any kind of threat to them, like they chose to destroy the provisional government based on the fact that they weren’t orderly enough for their liking,
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario

The super mutant thing was an accident. They were testing FEV and didn’t properly…“dispose” of their products. After that they just decided “Hey, new social experiment!”

The provisional government was actually the Institute’s idea. They did want a puppet government, sure, but it really only failed because the various factions couldn’t play along.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan  
No they destroyed it because it wouldn’t act like a cult based dictatorship like the Directory was, they are evil, right next to the enclave in terms of evilness behind the Legion and ahead of Maxwell’s Raiders Brotherhood,
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Thanotos Omega

It’s not clear why the provisional government failed, the only facts we have was that the Institute (secretly) set it up, only their synth envoy got out alive, and everyone has different stories on what happened. But circumstantial evidence and testimony makes me believe the Institute were innocent there.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Dustcan  
Mankind redefined? They are for some reason creating human-like synths as good as the real thing. Do they want to control? Infiltrate? Replace humans altogether? A powerful faction with no discernable goal, for me at least. I get all the other Fallout factions but the Institute was poorly written.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@silbasa

They just want to science.

The order for most people is to find a solution to a problem. But in their isolation and loosened morals the Institute does it backwards: they create solutions them look for problems to apply to. The 3rd gen synths were created because of that; they stumbled upon the process of cloning/artificial human creation then wondered “Now what?”
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Meanlucario  
Legit, I downloaded it on launch day thanks to Game Pass, played it, got a physical copy, played it some more, and then I just completely forgot I had it.

It’s been sitting on my backlog for about a year now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide