Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Obsidian is an overrated company who can barely finish sequels to other companys games, despite the engine, setting and core gameplay already being made for them. Kotor 2’s ending had to be modded in and new Vegas had bigger bugs than the wasteland its set in.

That being said, after years of patches, updates and DLC, Vegas is now a great Game. Probably the best of the 3D Fallouts.

3 is good, but not as in depth or immersive or thematic as Vegas. 4 is good if you look at it as more of a shoot’n loot ala borderlands but with dialogue and a Skyrim perk system.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Maybe I’ll try Daggerfall Unity someday (if it exist). The original is too frustrating and poorly designed for me to bare through.

@Terminal Rex  
I can’t agree with that. NV isn’t bad, but I found 3 more enjoyable, maybe even 4 (I’ll need to complete it first). NV just feels like it wants to tell a good story, but both the nostalgia baiting and the character being a blank slate gets in the way. And the DLCs are boring and don’t feel like Fallout, like Dead Money for the former and Old World Blues for the latter. I also don’t like that each DLC is trying to hype up other DLC, like OWB with DM by finding Elijah’s Watch or all three for Lonesome World. It feels like the devs are demanding we buy the whole package if we want a complete story. I don’t care if now we have the GOTY edition, they were sold separately before than.

Also, Pillars of Eternity is great. The limited resources of Dreadfire makes me hesitate playing it, but I’m not far enough in to say if I think it’s good or bad yet.
Background Pony #3393
Played Donkey Kong Country 1 for the first time since beating it years ago.

I made it to Stop ‘n’ Go Station without losing a life, and only losing a Kong once.

Like riding a bike.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Terminal Rex  
Ring a ding baby! I agree, it probably is the best 3d Fallout. Especially if you enjoyed 1 & 2. The writing is much more interesting than Bethesdas and I love the continuity from the other games.

PS:

full

Kill Benny. Always kill Benny. With a headshot preferably.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey  
Considering how many Beth fans criticized it after trying it out, I fail to see how. If it was Obsidian who made the exact same thing, their fans would defend it to their dying breath.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
What planet do you come from man?? 😋

76 is okay but there is no endgame. If you are starting out though there’s a lot to do. I am slowly getting burned out on it now after a year and half. The seasons are taking their toll.

Then there was Pillars of Boredom. Man I even backed the game on kickstarter. 50 hours of the most concentrated boredom I have seen for a long time.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Obsidian is hit or miss. Some of their games are great, some are really dull. I am one of the rare people that preferred Kotor 1.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
Dude, Pillars of Eternity is what happens when someone takes an old RPG game but makes it actually fun. I had more fun in that one game than FO1, 2 and NV combined. It didn’t focus on “freedom of choice” since it knew it couldn’t emulate it nearly as well as a TTRPG, and went with fun mechanics and a great story. You know, like good games try to do.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario  
Yeah but then it got fixed and now it’s okay when it should have died after launch, and Bethesda made so many anti-consumer decisions indirectly related to the game. I highly doubt Obsidian would have done that bad with the game, and I think you overestimate how much Obsidian fans would defend it.  
Let’s see, Fallout first, nukes crashing the game, banning a guy with too much ammo, the canvas bag, Nuka cola, the list goes on. And yet it’s still popular now. I can forgive No Man’s Sky because Hello Games were a tiny company without experience and Sony put pressure on them but bethesda had no excuse and yet 76 is popular now.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
Different people like different things. Combat was a mosh pit and the story made me fall asleep. I completed the endless dungeon and everything…

@Mikey  
They have added 2 sizable expansions now for free. Worth a runtrough for the stories imo.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
Funny how much good criticism can improve something instead of blind praise.

@silbasa  
For all my issues with KOTOR 1, beating over my head with it’s philosophy wasn’t one of them. It’s sequel wasn’t impressing me (though old-school RPGs that are D&D-lite like KOTOR don’t impress me in general).

@Mikey  
I feel like you overestimate the game’s popularity. If the fans were really as obedient as you claim, than Beth wouldn’t need to add and improve 76.

Also, I had an Obsidian fan complain about FO3 having percent-base speech checks. You know, unlike 1 and 2 which had every skill check be a dice roll. You give them way too much credit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide