Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Sparx
So it’s a translation change.
Let’s just call it what it is; Xenohpobia. The Translators believe the Japanese are too ignorant to know the character they created, so it’s up to the enlightened western minds to tell them how wrong they are. The backstory is Twins were bad luck, so he was raised to be a girl to not be exiled or sacrificed, so therefore must be femboy - but the all-knowing westerners who’ve most likely never heard of the series until now want to tell the creators what it’s really about.
If this was a story done by another country being altered, it would be looked at in one eye. The Translators and anyone agreeing with changes made overseas. It’s just racism. Plan and simple.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
The fact that the final DLC cup in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is called “Spiny Cup” makes me wonder if they’re planning some super-difficult courses for it.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Sparx
Best I can tell is they are being super ambiguous the symbol is either trans fem or androgynous hard to tell from the searches I did, combined with the Japanese text being devoid of any gendered terms much like the initial English texts we will have to wait for either official confirmation or the Japanese audio to 100% know Bridge’s status in that version,
Cyborg_pony

@Sparx
What else can you say? When you deliberate disrespect the work of someone from another country of your own, believe you know better - What else can you say? If it was done the other way around, the people okay with this would be furious.
Do we need another FE: Fates quality of translation again? As per their own rules; “And you must call it out.” I’m only following Their orders.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
For future discussions about localization, please try to keep it about games. You can still dislike it, but this isn’t the thread for talking about things like the Sailor Moon issues in isolation.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Meanlucario
No it doesn’t, if a character learns something new about themselves in story it’s not a retcon, stop misusing that word, it’s like saying Ryu developing friendships and having more to his life then training is a retcon,
Cyborg_pony

@Meanlucario
Defiantly a retcon. If not, this it’s more a story of accepting abuse over superstition as a good thing because “happy bubbly” outside. It’s far darker and worse for what reason.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Cyborg_pony
Since you brought up FE fate, now like a good time to make my peace with it- I wish the routes had options that affected the story and not just in the beginning, especially with the third route where you have to send off task and send two character off to do only for one of them to return. Gameplay wise it okay, but storywise…ugh
FE fate localization didn’t help it either.
Cyborg_pony

@Meanlucario
Far as I can see, no. Bridget is pretty much the trap/femboy archetype popular in Japan with characters like Astolfo and others as the “Oh, look, cute girl. Nope guy.” As the character is a bounty hunter to make money to show his village accept the curse wasn’t real. Now with Strive is about finding true self while accepting what you could argue was assigned at birth for now other reason then superstition…
Brb, gonna take a gay character, make them straight and call that character development.
Apparently this should be okay according to some, but I doubt it would be accepted. I guess the cake eating itself and what-not.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
You are just inventing artificial narrative requirements, her story here features her coming to terms with being trans, that’s all it has to do, again not every narrative element has to be present from a character’s first appearance,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide