Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
So here are the nominees for 2022 Game of the Year
• Stray
• Xenoblade Chronicles 3
• A Plague Tale: Requiem
• Elden Ring
• Horizon Forbidden West
• God of War: Ragnarök
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Chromie is probably the most visible dragon in the game in terms of day to day gameplay pre-DF. She has a huge quest chain from back in Legion that served as a mini-challange, is the defacto mascot for the Classic line, and is the one players have to go to in order to start “Chromie Time” where you can level to 60 in any xpac.
So she’s the most well known Trans character, aside from Pelagos who is a God now.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Silent_Witness
Nah it’s definitely gonna be Elden Ring. God of War won last time, and Elden Ring got massive press. Horizon isn’t gonna get anything if you ask me.
Posted Report
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
@Mikey
Not if the western devs still salty about players favoring Elden Ring over their games have anything to say about it. Plus, I’m sure people would be clamoring about how brilliant it would be for the Game of the Year to be a sequel to a previous GoTY.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Me when I watch a Let’s Play:
Expectation: The player(s) being amused by cutscenes.
Reality: THUMBNAIL THUMBNAIL THUMBNAIL
Posted Report
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Silent_Witness
That never happens, and that was like three western devs who bitched. Mostly Ubisoft. Elden Ring was like the highest reviewed game of this year.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Strangely enough, in the last event tourney (Heroes vs. Villains) King K. Rool, King Dedede and Sephiroth (added in the repeat) were allowed fighters, but their heroic counterparts Donkey Kong, Kirby and Cloud weren’t.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Bear in mind that BotW won GOTY when Mario Odyssey, Horizon and Persona 5 also on that card. This year’s GOTY Contenders are stacked but I could easily see Eldin Ring take it
Posted Report
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Kiryu-Chan
2017 was stacked too.
2022 has Stray, Plague’s Tail which are indies and I doubt will get it. The only games that really matter are Elden Ring, God of War, Horizon and Xenoblade. GOTY usually seems to be given to the most popular game, with some exceptions, like It Takes Two last year.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide