Video Game General

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Xcom 2 expansion comes out tomorrow and I am hyped. I’ve got at least 200 custom soldiers ready to go, each one with a unique voice from the steam workshop. Trixie, jontron, picard, Rex colt, lara croft, Bob Ross and JC Denton are ready to kick some alien ass.
Death2
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
My “Breath of the Wild” status:

Just liberated Naboris, three more Divine Beasts to free. Then I need to get the Master Sword and find all of Link’s memories.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@HighRollerHydra  
I’m thinking of getting my mother a nintendo switch for christmas. Do you reckon breath of the wild is a game a 54 year old who’s never played an open world game before can enjoy? The sum total of her gaming experience is mario kart, mario party and mario world.
Death2

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
@Mr grump  
You’ll have to go with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, “Breath of the Wild” is more complex than any other Zelda game…but at least it doesn’t have the stupid motion controls from “Skyward Sword”.

@Prof.NightJack  
I know.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Yeah, I’ve made my decision that I won’t be getting Breath of the Wild. I’m not big on open-world games and the weapon endurance system sounds like too much of a hassle. I don’t think I’d enjoy it all that much.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Jarkes  
You eventually get to a point it’s not a problem because you keep getting more weapons then you can hold.  
I got to a point I would be swapping out swords, shields, and bows before they even broke as I would pick up another just like it or better so often.  
And the ones you can’t pick up would be from trading items or buying that you would only use for a certain enemy type that would often give you more of what you need to make the very same thing.
Death2

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
I’ve been killing animals to get their raw meat, cooking them in pots in groups of 5 until I run out of space in my “food” section, then selling the cooked food.

Also, I got like 50+ amiibo, so I’ve been getting a TON of materials, and so far I’ve gotten the optional Time, Twilight and Wind armor sets using the “Ocarina of Time Link”, “Super Smash Bros. Link” and “Super Smash Bros. Toon Link” amiibo.

Oh, and “Sheik’s Mask” with the “Super Smash Bros. Sheik” amiibo even though it doesn’t give the “speed up at night” bonus.
Viscera
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
@Jarkes  
The weapon degradation isn’t as bad as it seems. But if you don’t like open-world games, it’s probably not for you. It’s like one of the open-world-iest games in existence, in that the open world is the main part of the game (unlike, for example, Assassin’s Creed, where it’s barely even secondary and just an excuse to crap loads of activities on your map).
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@Jarkes  
If you don’t like open world games why did you think you’d enjoy the game? Also, you might as well give up on Zelda because this is likely going to be the norm for future games in the series.
Viscera
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
Well, I finished Wolfenstein 3D. I don’t think I ever did it that fast. Actually, I’m not sure if I’ll ever played through the entire game (legitimately). Thank god for ECWolf’s automap feature. With some levels, it’s downright essential.

Did the game age well? Probably not. But it sure is still a lot of fun. And it can be pretty exciting at times, more so than many modern FPS. However, the fact that it created the genre is pretty obvious, in how basic it is. While Doom has a clear identity and fans don’t like it when a game goes against it, people are much kinder to Wolfenstein (from RtCW onward, no Wolfenstein game is like 3D) and it’s not hard to see why. Unlike Doom, you can’t really make a modern game like WOlfenstein 3D. Pretty much all of its elements are used in other FPS anyway, albeit in more “realistic” fashion, and those that aren’t (like the arcade-y stuff like lives and scores) don’t add anything to the genre anyway. So any new Wolfenstein game is bound to be unlike Wolfenstein 3D either way.

However, as much as I like the games, there are things I dislike. Particularly how maze-like it can be, which wouldn’t be so bad if it had an automap feature. Particularly E6M7 is awful about it, as it’s utterly dominated by a maze. I don’t think I’d have beat the level without ECWolf’s automap.

Episode 6 is awful in general. Not just that it uses mazes too much, it has an over-reliance on corridors or rooms with lots and lots of niches where enemies are hidden. The very first level has such a corridor, with multiple branches (solely using officers as enemies, no less), as its main part and its fucking horrible. It’s tedious, monotonous and unfun, which largely describes Episode 6 in general.

Level 6 is a big exception, though, as it’s basically an arena with irregular walls (as much as possible, with 90-degree limitation). If you fire only one shot, you get swarmed by enemies from all sides. It’s not unfair, since they come from different places and there’s lots of cover, so you’re not attacked immediately from everywhere, but that also makes it easy for enemies to downright ambush you. This results in some really exciting and fun battles. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite level in the entire game, but it certainly is my favorite in Episode 6. Level 8 isn’t bad either (especially after the horrid maze of level 7), but rather tricky, since there are several rooms with lots of enemies. Level 9 can easily seem nearly impossible, if you don’t know there’s a secret with lots of ammo and health right at the beginning. With it, it’s very manageable, though.

The final end screen sure is something. It feels like a parody.  
full

But it’s good to know that I have official confirmation that I’m cool.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

⌜Ω⌟
Oblivion has a degrading system.  
Now I understand why people considered Skyrim “easy”.  
Also the Detection is nuts and weird, I cannot run away and hide again, because the first hit to an enemy will know my exact ubication and attack me.

In Skyrim, if you hit somebody, everyone will stay alert and try to find you.  
In Oblivion, if you hit somebody, that person will notice you inmediately, you cannot hide from it and he will find you, but their comrades will not follow and will not notice your presence and your attack.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I love me some good story, plot and lore.

But I still miss the days when games had a simple yet incredibly effective plot of “Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.