Waifu Thread

Background Pony #004F
I’m having a dilemma. Right now I have strong feelings for Meilin Lee (aka Mei) from “Turning Red”, complete with all her red panda power. The only problem is that in the movie, she’s 13 years old. The movie’s time takes place in April/May 2002, so by that logic she should be in her 30s by now (like me), but websites have issues with that logic since because she never aged up to legal age by the end, despite the obvious IRL time frame, she’s technically still a minor today.
I don’t know, maybe I should re-think this and pick someone else similar who’s over 21.
Painfulldarksoul
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony #004F
My man. … She’s fictional. As long as she’s fictional, you can waifu her no matter what, or what others say otherwise. If someone can’t separate fiction from reality and whining at you for it, that’s on them for having shizophrinea, not on you.
If they want minors protected and have the time to attack innocent people, who don’t harm minors, then they have the time to protect IRL minors. There are a lot of Katholic priests, who simply get to move to another place, instead of going to jail.
Background Pony #004F
Okay you know what, to heck with it, I’m sticking with Mei! Red panda girl forever!
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Hey all, I’m the BP who loves Mei. I was too chicken to admit it, so I went “incognito” because I was afraid you all would think my choice in my S/O was too “weird” or “gross” before I got the courage.
Painfulldarksoul

@Luca H.
We don’t judge. … At least on waifu choices.
Also, this wouldn’t be a brony site, if we didn’t at least try to understand. Everyone can be afraid, especially of other peoples judgement.
We came together because we didn’t care if others judged us for watching a great show, that on first glance didn’t look the part, at least for most others.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t understand the fear of others judgement.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Mei is getting added to “Disney Heroes Battle Mode” as part of a prize wall tomorrow (where my avatar, excluding the gradient background, came from)! And like most of the other heroes that were on the prize wall, I’m going to get her to six stars without spending a dime. (Most of because I started playing the game early this year)
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@TheFinite
That’s just the tip of my Turning Red iceberg. I’ve also got:
  1. SteelBook 4K set from Best Buy
  2. Blu-Ray (with Disney Movie Club exclusive sleeve)
  3. Mei plush from Build-a-Bear Workshop
  4. CD soundtrack
  5. Disney Movie Club VIP pin
  6. Turning Red Junior Novelization
  7. Turning Red Little Golden Book
  8. Panda Express exclusive Turning Red stickers
  9. “The Real R.P.G. The Story of the Red Panda Girl” (a book telling the movie’s story from Mei’s POV and thoughts)
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
And even though I still gag at food textures foreign to me (mainly vegetables), I’m willing to try more Chinese cuisine for Mei-Mei.
Day 1 is over at long last, I have Mei-Mei unlocked! Will I get her to six stars within the next two weeks? We shall see!
Her skillset:
Cartwheel Chaos (WHITE): Meilin cartwheels through the battlefield, dealing 161,989 Fantastic Damage to each enemy. Enemies hit are also Knocked Back and Stunned for 8.0 seconds.
After she returns to the battlefield and strikes a pose, Meilin and allies gain 2,765 Reality and Armor per enemy hit for 8.0 seconds. Melin and allies also Heal for 20% of their Max HP per enemy Stunned.
While using this Skill, Meilin is untargetable and immune to Disables.
Big Heart (GREEN): Meilin briefly transforms into her panda form to encourage allies. She Heals herself and allies for 50% of their Max HP and provides a 44,944 HP shield for 8 seconds.
Panda Poof! (BLUE): Meilin careens through all enemies, knocking them Back and Dealing 108,435 Normal Damage to each enemy. Enemies hit lose 3,828 Basic Damage and 3,828 Skill Power for 10.0 seconds.
When Meilin returns, she gains 2 stacks of Hardy for each enemy hit.
While using this Skill, Meilin is untargetable and immune to Disables.
Zen State (PURPLE): Melin closes her eyes to stay calm, Cleansing herself, gaining 4 stacks of Hardy and increasing her Skill Power by 301 for 8.0 seconds.
TheFinite
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Luca H.
You sure did!
I want to walk Ocellus home on a cold day, give her a nice warm hot cocoa with marshmallows, and have the two of us cuddle up in a pile of pillows with a good book. <3
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’ve been brainstorming how to insert myself into Turning Red canonically. I didn’t want to overcrowd her friendship circle (as it’s similar to 4*Town, with 5 members in the end and each of them likes a member of the group), nor did I want to simply start liking her in high school as I wanna be part of that adventure we saw on Disney+.
Then I figured, maybe I could just replace Miriam in my own version, seeing as how people ship Mei and Mir together more often AND it would give a better reason for Ming not to like the closest member (since, you know, I’m a boy) as we never got a clear explanation on why she didn’t like Miriam so much (and it got swept under the rug in the end when she invited all of Mei’s friends over for dinner).
Hit a bit of a snag since in the movie, Miriam was clearly into boys (as evidenced by the other three girls lusting after Devon and the girls were catcalling at the boys playing basketball) while I’m… not. Maybe I could be bi-curious at a younger age? (Although I really prefer Tae Young more than Aaron T.)
BTW, for the record my “backup waifu” in case age was an issue was Elsa (Frozen 2 post-movie).
And today my beloved Mei-Mei has jumped from one to three stars today!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide