Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I also read some reports that while some people behind the scenes were pushing for Shane and Seth Rollins at Mania, Shane McMahon himself actually wanted him Vs Austin Theory at WrestleMania, because it would play off the stuff involving Austin and Vince McMahon. I guess my joke about Austin replacing Shane as Vince’s son might be more grounded in reality than I realized.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Speaking of, what if Shane McMahon booked himself to look strong at the Rumble to get back at the people who rejected his idea of facing Austin Theory at Mania? But then if that’s the case, why didn’t Vince reject Shane booking himself strong? Man, this whole story is confusing.
The more new reports come out of this story, I start to think that maybe Vince didn’t really mind his son booking himself to be strong. What his real issue was is the stuff involving Bad Bunny, and how he didn’t know ahead of time what he was going to be doing. You don’t dick around your celebrities. They bring eyeballs to the product, and when you don’t give them a straight answer they might no longer want to work with you.
Background Pony #C7DE
Wrestlers that I see joining AEW in 2022:
Johnny Gargano
Keith Lee
Jeff Hardy
Windham Rotunda
Athena
Kairi Hojo
The Briscoes
Samoa Joe
Toni Storm
Roderick Strong
Prince Devitt
Mustafa Ali
#AEW
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
CM Punk must really like MJF. Not only did he put him over in a match that was over 30 minutes– in his hometown, mind you– but he also busted out the Pepsi Plunge, something he hasn’t done since his ROH days. What a great moment seeing that move on TV. And to top it off, Punk also did a backwards frankensteiner, something I don’t think Punk’s ever done. Just all-around good stuff.
On the flip side, for as good as MJF CM Punk was, the promo battle between Dan Lambert and Brandi Rhodes was the exact opposite. I just don’t understand what the endgame here is. Are we supposed to boo Brandi? Are we adding fuel to the fire for a Cody heel turn? Lambert specifically mentioned Cody’s refusal to turn heel despite being booed, but I don’t think we need Brandi to tell this story. Unless, that is, we’re building to a mixed tag between Dan Lambert and Paige VanZant Vs Cody and Brandi, but I don’t think anybody wants that.
Also, I really don’t like that Brandi said to Ethan Page that they only signed him because Josh Alexander was unavailable. Not only does it bury Ethan Page, but he never got a chance to respond. It’s like how The Rock buried Billy Gunn that one time in a promo and he was never the same again because he never could come up with a clever rebuttal.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
If it’s true that Vince turned most of Shane’s ideas down and went another way, then Vince has no one to blame but himself for how shit the men’s Rumble turned out to be. And even still, regardless of who’s ideas he went with (Whether it be his ideas or his son’s or even Brock Lesnar’s, as rumored), he still has final say on it.
I kind of figured Shane was being used as a scapegoat in all this because even if Vince agreed with his son’s vision, he still has to greenlit it. And now that it’s being reported he didn’t go with his son’s ideas, this feels like a classic case of “Well, I can’t fire myself or Brock, so I’ll find someone else to put the blame on.”
Also, I doubt Lesnar had much input other than his spot and who he can eliminate. Do you honestly think he cares where Madcap Moss is positioned? Or The Street Profits? All he probably cared about was what he was doing and who he was gonna do business with.
Background Pony #C7DE
@Background Pony #C7DE
I think Mia Yim is more likely to join than Kairi and Windham, to be honest
Kairi Hojo(atleast on a Part-Time Basis) absolutely could be on AEW TV, I still remember back in 2019(at a AEW Panel with Young Bucks on the SyFy YouTube Channel) how much Kenny Omega praised Kairi & would love to see her one Day in AEW, so he could play a Big Factor in bringing her in mhm…
About Windham, where else but AEW is he potentially going to(in front of 100 People on IMPACT?! Doesn’t fit his Aura & Status at all IMO), I think he could potentially make his Debut at the Revolution 2022 PPV knowing he only lives a Hour drive away from where the Show will be held heh! :)
#AEW
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Background Pony #C7DE
I’m not saying they won’t possibly show up or shouldn’t, it’s just I see Kairi going back to Japan and I see Windham only showing up when they need him more than he needs them. Showing up so soon after the arrival of guys like Brian Danielson, CM Punk, and Adam Cole would make his debut not as special.
Background Pony #C7DE
@Background Pony #C7DE
I’m not saying they won’t possibly show up or shouldn’t, it’s just I see Kairi going back to Japan and I see Windham only showing up when they need him more than he needs them. Showing up so soon after the arrival of guys like Brian Danielson, CM Punk, and Adam Cole would make his debut not as special.
That’s why I said that Kairi Hojo is if anything having AEW Appearences on a Part-Time Basis(like Emi Sakura, Yuka Sakazaki etc.), it makes logical Sense in my Mind & with Kenny having his Connections it’s absolutely Possible.
Well, let’s say Windham makes his AEW Debut at Revolution 2022 in March, it would be Six Months after Punk, Bryan & Cole made their Debuts, I think that’s more then enough Time streched out. TK knows Windham’s Creative Juices can be utilized very damn Well, it’s not if but when He shows up eeyup! :)
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
With Tony Khan announcing a major signing this Wednesday that in his words will likely change AEW as we know it, I think it’s going to be Jeff Hardy or Shane McMahon. I don’t think it’s gonna be Windham, because I think he’s smart enough to know if he signs now he’ll get lost in the shuffle, and I don’t think it’s gonna be Keith Lee because that would quite frankly be a major letdown. Keith Lee is great and all, but he’s not a gamechanger like Khan claims this signing is.
Personally, I hope it’s Cody Rhodes announcing he’s re-signing with AEW. I think that would be just amazing.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
But more than that, AEW’s ability to debut Jay White and Keith Lee in back to back segments is part of the reason why AEW is better than WWE.
Background Pony #C7DE
AEW Dynamite was really damn Enjoyable this Week!
“Limitless” Keith Lee & “Switchblade” Jay White making their Debuts, Punk/Moxley vs FTR was a really Good Tag Match & “Hangman” Adam Page vs Lance Archer was a very Enjoyable Texas Deathmatch! :D
#AEWDynamite #AEWonTBS #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW #KeithLeeIsAllElite #JayWhite
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I gotta say, I thought between SmackDown and Rampage, Charlotte and Naomi had the best match on either show. That was the best match of Naomi’s career.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
There’s a rumor going around that WWE is trying to get a match for WrestleMania between Kevin Owens and Stone Cold Steve Austin. If this happens, this will be Austin’s first match in 19 years.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide