Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
If it’s true and WWE sells to Saudi Arabia, then man. Imagine how Sami Zayn feels. The best part of WWE programming, and he may be out of WWE.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
From all the other sources I’m hearing, there has been no confirmation that Saudi now owns WWE, and none of the normal insiders are saying its gonna happen either
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Here’s what Sean Ross Sapp has said so far on the Fightful YouTube Channel
-Reiterates time and time again that nothing is confirmed on his end
-He said the wrestlers are “really really mad” and “really frustrated” about the news
-“What do you not have when you’re owned by a company in Saudi Arabia? A CEO that’s a woman” one source said to SRS earlier today
-Thinks there’s a chance Saudi’s “grossly overpaid” for the company based on the other businesses that were bidding for WWE
-“If there was a group that would have Vince retain any semblance of creative control creatively, it would be with the Saudi’s” but mentions their relationship isn’t perfect and speaks on the problems between Vince and the Saudi prince
-“100%, yes” when asked if employees and talent will walk out on WWE if/when this is official
-“There could be a real, REAL possibility that nothing is happening.” Says putting it out on Twitter could’ve been a litmus test of sorts to see what the reaction online would be
-SRS believes it would be hard for WWE to get a rights deal based on how the LIV golf negotiations went
-“Absolutely not” in regards to HHH leaving the wrestling business if he is let go by WWE
-SRS believes this deal could ruin Jay White and other free agents coming to WWE. Mentions it moreso being about Vince being back in control rather than the Saudi’s
-SRS believes Fox and USA “won’t be keen on” renewing TV deals if this deal happens
-“How could he stay?!” In regards to Sami Zayn’s standing with the company if this happens
-On HHH going to Impact if he gets pushed out: “No way…if he starts his own thing he’ll be better off”
-SRS said one person he “very much trusts” said they spoke to someone in WWE that said everything on Twitter was they first they heard of this talk whatsoever
-Question: “you’re telling me Twitter could’ve gotten worked?” SRS says “that was the first fucking thing I mentioned! If I tweet some bullshit eye emoji, that story is coming out that day.”
-SRS: “I am going to be blazed out of my mind after all of this. I am going to be worthless after all of this.” upvote for the weeds
-SRS believes all the “confirmations” of the deal is going off of “echos” on Twitter and not “steady information”
-SRS: “Wrestling Twitter tweeted things so loud and vague they were startled by their own echos I think” is a message I was sent by a colleague and something I completely agree with, and could VERY WELL BE THE CASE! I’m sure WWE will need to say something sooner or later.
-SRS said Mojo Rawley texted him and said “shit, maybe I’ll be rehired!”
-SRS and his cohosts continue to question how it’s possible that this deal of a public traded company came together so quickly. “It doesn’t add up to me. It just doesn’t make sense to me”
-“There’s a report out there that Triple H has been moved to VP of International Live Events. I have not heard that at all”
-Where SRS stands on if this news is true: “3/10”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I haven’t been familiar with WWE in years.
So apparently Vince McMahon hasn’t been in charge in a while? But now is again? And that’s a bad thing?
Also now WWE, promoter of the yearly Tribute to The Troops, is now owned by Saudi Arabia, the nation who funded 9/11?
Can I get some explanations?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
So, here’s what happened. 6 months ago, Vince McMahon stepped down as head of creative due to allegedly using company money as hush money payments for affairs he was having. Something like 12 million, I think it was. There was also a ton of allegations of sexual assault. Triple H as a result took over as essentially the head booker.
Then this week, Vince McMahon used his power as a WWE board member, which he still had, to worm his way back into the company. It was said he wanted to do so to work out a deal to sell WWE and that Triple H would still be head of creative, but a lot of people think he really wants back in because wrestling is all he knows and being away from it made him bored.
And then early today, Stephanie McMahon said she is no longer a part of WWE. This is important because before the story broke of Vince and the sexual assault allegations, Stephanie said she was taking a leave of absence. The company then proceeded to publicly bury Stephanie by saying she wasn’t good at her job. All in all, a lot of people believe Stephanie may have had a hand in Vince stepping down and that with him back and the word of a potential deal, she saw the writing on the wall.
And now, we have word of WWE selling to Saudi Arabia. If this is true, which it hasn’t been confirmed, this could lead to some massive ripple effects. The current TV rights deals with NBCUniversal and Fox not being renewed, talent possibly walking out due to a belief they’ll be discriminated against over race, gender, or sexual orientation, and WWE no longer being an American based company. The belief by those as for why WWE would go through with this deal is because Saudi Arabia might be paying in upwards of 20 billion dollars and that they would let Vince McMahon be head of creative.
That’s the gist of it as of now.
Background Pony #99B1
This also will affect AEW negatively.
Without competition, it will end up ironically like WWE!
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
-SRS: “Wrestling Twitter tweeted things so loud and vague they were startled by their own echos I think” is a message I was sent by a colleague and something I completely agree with, and could VERY WELL BE THE CASE! I’m sure WWE will need to say something sooner or later.
👍👍
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
Wanna note that I doubt WWE will move to Saudi Arabia.
Maybe we’ll see a Wrestlemania more or less there now.
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
-SRS and his cohosts continue to question how it’s possible that this deal of a public traded company came together so quickly. “It doesn’t add up to me. It just doesn’t make sense to me”
It’s freaking Vince. It’s supposed to not make sense.
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
-SRS said Mojo Rawley texted him and said “shit, maybe I’ll be rehired!”
😕
-“There could be a real, REAL possibility that nothing is happening.” Says putting it out on Twitter could’ve been a litmus test of sorts to see what the reaction online would be
🙏🙏🙏
Posted Report
Background Pony #5111
CM Punk is a Prophetic Individual in every way possible LOL!
Remember when he said on Twitter “Go suck Blood Money covered Dick in Saudi Arabia you f#cking Dork”?
Now the entire WWE Umbrella/Coperation is bowing & being under Saudi Leadership with “Out of Touch” Vince McMahon as it’s Head Chairman, it’s like a TV Drama playing out in Real-Life XD
#SupportProfessionalWrestling #SupportTheAlternative #FuckVinceMcMahon #CMPunkWasRight
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
WWE IS WRESTLING!
When you mention wrestling to the average person they think of WWE, nothing else!
AEW was good because of the competition, without WWE, AEW probably will (and most definitely) go the same route.
Posted Report
Background Pony #99B1
@Background Pony #5111
That said, I’m not gonna argue with you, but know that soon, you’ll realize that without competition, you’ll get the very problems you complained about on AEW.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Guys it’s just a rumour on different media it’s not been confirmed yet so you have to wait and see if Saudi Arabia bought WWE 100% if they do so many talent will end up leaving Sami Zane, Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt, Sonya Devile who is a lesbian and anyone else i missed out.
Background Pony #848A
The fact that no news media had reported on this “deal” should had been a red flag to this story being real. Even talks between them about a possible deal would had been reported.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide