Wrestling thread

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@QuasarNova

I’ve read Hajime no Ippo. I’ve seen Girls und Panzer. There is not shenanagains of the variety seen with the 24/7 rule in shows like those. Maybe during training sequences. But not during actual competition.

@Broken Adam

I said New Japan. I’m not big on DDT.
Background Pony #3A6D
Excited for Double or Nothing tonight

CM Punk or Jon Moxley to close the Event in a climatic Way, is that a Possibility? ;)

#AEWDoN #AEW #AllEliteWrestling #CMPunkInAEW? #JonMoxleyInAEW?
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
My Double or Nothing thoughts:

The opener was excellent. The OWE guys are going to be great. Them and the Joshi companies are who I’m really gunning for to make names for themselves out of this entire thing. I want them to get more exposure. SCU are also great.

The women’s three way: The pop for Awesome Kong was nice, but it’s the kind of shit I really don’t like seeing. I don’t want sudden matchup changes out of the blue. And Awesome Kong didn’t even look that good in the match. It took me out of it slightly because I was naturally wondering where Kong was whenever she wasn’t around. So I couldn’t get as invested in the action between Kylie and Baker. Kylie was phenomenal though.

Best Friends vs Angelicevens: I thought it was ok, but the flow felt a bit off and I’m not sure why. I think I was expecting more from Angelico because of how excellent he was in Lucha Underground. I don’t know if he’s been injured lately and it’s hamstrung him, but it made me a little sad.

The Joshi 6 woman: I think this might be my personal match of the night. I love these girls, and Ajah Kong worked for me because she adjusted how she worked to compensate for the fact that she’s more limited than she used to be. I want more of this.

Cody/Dustin: I wasn’t as into it as others were, mainly because I just don’t care that much about the Rhodes. but the sheer amount of blood made it hard not to get into it at least a little bit. It adds so much to every single move knowing that the person doing it or recieving it is essentially dying before your eyes. XD In a manner of speaking. I could’ve done without Cody jabbing HHH for no reason. It didn’t even have anytihng to do with the match going on.

MJF is awesome.

I loved the Bucks/Lucha match up until the ending when the amount of big spot kickouts went into overdrive. I think any two of those false finishes would’ve been awesome, because individually they were all excellently done. Like, The Double destroyer spot and the Turnbuckle Brainbuster into Bang for Your Buck. I would’ve gone with those two. A stomping package piledriver was completely unnecessary. I also felt the psychology of the Bucks winning was a bit weird. For two main reasons.

A. According to commentary, they won the belts via fighting against a team who had already wrestled a hard fought match just a little bit before. Meaning they jumped in fresh to beat up a tired team and pluck the titles from them.

B. A story beat early in the match was that the bucks were a bit rusty together as a team.

That really seems like they should’ve lost to me. They beat a top tier team by jumping them when they were tired, then during a fair matchup they went into it with a lot of ring rust. You had a perfect explanation for how the Bucks got the titles in the first place, and a perfect way for them to lose the titles while protecting them. You just have to say they weren’t at 100%.

Jericho/Omega: I wasn’t a fan honestly. I don’t like Jericho’s NJPW onwards work that much. He felt like he dragged Omega down and a lot of Omega’s spots I feel like I’ve seen them done better in other matches. I know I’m in a minority there though.

I’m in the minority with a lot of this stuff actually. So even though it sounds like I didn’t like the show, I’m happy it seems to have gone over well. Certain people came out of this looking really good, and the big match everyone loved, I wasn’t a fan of mainly for “me” reasons. If you’re invested in the story of the Rhodes then it overdelivered. I just don’t think this promotion will be for me.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@gingerninja666  
I’m amused at Matt declaring there were 20,000 fans in attendance, and insisting on that number despite Cody noting that it was more like 13’000 because ‘you round up’.

Getting those jabs in early I see.
Background Pony #3A6D
@gingerninja666
I’m amused at Matt declaring there were 20,000 fans in attendance, and insisting on that number despite Cody noting that it was more like 13’000 because ‘you round up’.
Getting those jabs in early I see.

Smirks That’s so Wonderful at the slightest, pointing at Vince’s Lies & made up Bullshit, that’s a big Thumbs up from Me hehe! ;)

Just imagine if Punk is going “All Elite” aswell, the Heart Attacks in Stamford get very serious XD :D

#RetireVince #SaveUsAEW #CMPunkInAEW?

@gingerninja666  
Jabbing at Big Nose for no Reason you say? Have you forgot that he took Shots at AEW on the HOF Event in April calling Them a “Pissant Company”?!

So what Cody did made Sense completly, even if we know that “Out of Touch” Vinnie Mac & his Goons like “Bucky Beaver” Kevin Dunn are the Problem of why the Main WWE Product is Godawful XD :D

#PissantBodyBuilder #ShotsBackfired
Background Pony #3A6D
@Holofan4life  
Best Match from a Storytelling Standpoint was Cody/Dustin, the definition of Magical Tag Team Wrestling was Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros without a Question! Omega/Jericho was pretty Good too(I prefer their Wrestle Kingdom 12 Match in my honest Opinion) & that climatic Ending with Moxley made Double or Nothing overall a Awesome Show! :)

#AEWDoN #AEW #AllEliteWrestling #SupportTheAlternative #SupportTheCompetition #SaveUsAEW
Philweasel

Right About Everything
full
Unpopular opinion: Baron Corbin is probably the best heel WWE has at the moment. Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens are better wrestlers, but they don’t get the heel heat that Baron Corbin gets

Yeah I wish he was a better wrestler, because I love his character work.
Background Pony #3A6D
@Holofan4life  
That’s what Tag Team Wrestling is all about! That’s why The Revival are so passionate about wanting to be a Part of that exact Phenomenal Tag Team Division! :o

#SaveUsAEW #AEW #AllEliteWrestling #FTR
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
“Gee, I wonder if WWE will improve with the threat of competition.”

WWE: Proceeds to put on the worst episode of Monday Night Raw of 2019
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Raw: Puts on terrible episode

People: iT wAs goOd beCauSe aew waS menTioNeD

There was three good matches and a great Firefly Funhouse, but that doesn’t excuse the first hour being hot garbage. It was okay, but still not good. The first hour was so bad.
Background Pony #3A6D
“Gee, I wonder if WWE will improve with the threat of competition.”
WWE: Proceeds to put on the worst episode of Monday Night Raw of 2019

Just a Dumpsterfire of a Product period! If AEW gets Punk, then Vince & his Nonsensical Douchebag Yesmen are getting Heart Attacks at its highest Level hehe….. ;)

#SaveUsAEW #CMPunkInAEW? #AEWAllOut #RetireVince #RAWCleanse
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
UGH BP STOP BEING ANNOYING!!!

You can dislike WWE all you want, but the more you do this crap, the more I will be ashamed of liking the WWE because everyone loves to hate the WWE for not being “ViOlEnT” or adult rated. No wonder Sami Zayn hates the whole fanbase. Granted WWE has its flaws, but bad news for you, I STILL ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I WILL ENJOY AEW.

Knock it off.

jfc i hate the iwc sometimes.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley talk is Jericho highlights - Heres the link

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/the-emancipation-of-jon-moxley

• He knew he wanted to leave the company in July 2018 when he was out with an injury

• Refused to read a scripted promo because he believed it was idiotic/ridiculous whilst Vince believed it was great

• Talks about the promos he read whilst feuding with Seth late last/early this year, and how they made no sense, tried to rewrite them and got frustrated when he couldn’t

• He talked about enjoying the Make-A-Wish stuff and how he became an adult in WWE

• Says he thought him cutting the promo talking about Romans cancer was distasteful

• Says he felt like walking out on the Raw where he got shots/vaccinated during a promo, and that was the day he 100% knew he was leaving and not coming back

• Vince tried to talk him into saying another cancer remark about Roman, says it was so bad they could have lost sponsors, refused to say it (34 minutes into the podcast)

• Says he was excited to return to wrestling when he was injured, but not excited to return to WWE

• Says if there was no other promotion other than WWE, he still would have left

• Vince “didn’t know” he was unhappy, even with Jon/dean being open with his frustrations to Vince about scripts

• Was happy to take bumps from Nia, but felt like it was them punishing him for leaving

• They offered him a new contract, he didnt look at it

• His goal in AEW is to be the best version of himself, looking forward to creative freedom

• Says Tony Kahn is the exact opposite of Vince, likes him and the fact hes a huge wrestling fan

• Talks about using social media now that hes out of WWE

• He told Seth hes a wild animal thats been domesticated for too long when Seth was upset about him leaving (to clarify, he was referring to himself as the wild animal, not Seth) he explained it to Seth as it being the end of Harry and the Hendersons where Harry is set free
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide