Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
AEW Rampage, while not able to beat Smackdown in total overall viewers, did beat Smackdown in the 18-49 demographic, often regarded as the most important demo. In fact, this is the first time a wrestling program went head to head with WWE and beat them in one of the demos since 1998.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
The finals of the G1 Climax happened today. The good news? Katsuyori Shibata came back to wrestling in an unannounced match. The bad news? Kota Ibushi got injured during his G1 finals match against Okada and looks as if he’s going to need surgery.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Here’s a list of unfortunate things that have happened to NJPW over the course of the last two years. This comes from a comment I saw on r/SquaredCircle.
  • Naito’s big reign after becoming double champion gets interrupted by the pandemic, just when NJPW were about to have a dream match between him and Hiromu for their Anniversary show.
  • Pandemic forces no-attendance shows and even when fans come back, they’re no longer allowed to chant or make noise vocally.
  • Pandemic also forces NJPW to limit any foreigners (on which they rely fairly often) from coming to have matches.
  • NJPW miserably tries to give attendants noise-makers with pre-recorded cheers.
  • EVIL turns on LIJ and joins BC, becoming his worst possible incarnation and clogging the main event scene with tons of interference, derailing Naito’s reign entirely.
  • Okada is forced to slow down due to slipped discs.
  • Ibushi manages to get crowned at WK15, but then unifies both titles and stupidly so decides to end a 30 plus year lineage and the IC title.
  • The most gorgeous title in wrestling gets replaced by a power ranger belt.
  • Ibushi’s God reign gets ended prematurely due to Gedo hot-shotting Ospreay as a heavyweight.
  • Ospreay’s reign gets ended prematurely after he suffers a neck injury on his first defense and he comes to a disagreement with NJPW management.
  • Shingo’s first defense against Ibushi gets cancelled after Ibushi suffers from pneumonia.
  • Okada, Desperado, BUSHI, Shingo and several others catch COVID.
  • Naito gets injured at the beginning of the G1 this year. Ibushi closes the G1 by getting injured on the Final as well.
Add to all of this that the constant cancellation of events and limited attendance has made NJPW’s profits go into the red, while fans (both around the world and in Japan) have constantly grown discontent with the product.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Having finally watched Crown Jewel after getting off of work at 3, that was easily the best Saudi Arabia show WWE has done and one of the best Pay Per Views WWE has done all year.
Background Pony #0D07
I wouldn’t mind if Kevin Steen, AJ Styles & Prince Devitt leave the E & join AEW or NJPW i’m just saying… ;)
#AEW #njpw
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I could see Owens and Balor leaving WWE, but I really, truly think AJ Styles is gonna retire in WWE. He himself said in a couple years he’s gonna call it a career. Plus, I don’t think WWE has done anything to Styles to make him want to possibly leave, other than maybe letting go Gallows and Anderson.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
According to PWInsider, some changes with the wrestlers are being made with the brand split going in effect tonight. And some of the changes are massive head scratchers.
Keep in mind this is all rumor at the moment. We don’t know if it’s true or not until we see it on television.
• SmackDown women: Xia Li will be a face, Shotzi Blackheart a heel
• Raw women: Mia Yim and Teagen Nox will be faces
• Hit Row: The tag team part of the faction will shift from Top Dolla and Ashantee Adonis to Ashantee and Swerve with Top Dolla being pushed in singles.
• Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez may be used more as a tag team instead of Azeez being mostly muscle.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
WWE hates tag teams, business as usual
Maybe if you stopped calling themtag teams and use “factions” instead the product of Vincent J. McMahon’s semen will take a liking to it
Except Hit Row on NXT has been doing the tag team/singles guy thing. That’s not the issue. The issue is that Swerve should be the single star of the group, not Top Dolla. Dolla is still extremely green. Swerve could walk in and instantly be programmed in a title feud.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The first 30 minutes of Smackdown has no wrestling whatsoever and was just Brock Lesnar destroying everyone. And honestly, it was extremely kickass. It just goes to show that when you have a compelling storyline, wrestling can afford to be secondary.
Background Pony #0D07
F#ck Yeah! PAC vs Andrade El Idolo on AEW Rampage was pretty Great Stuff, easily one of the Best TV Matches this Year! :D
#AEWRampage #AEWonTNT #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Pac vs Andrade was better than 2 hours of Smackdown i am not kidding Smackdown was pretty boring
I thought the first 30 minutes with Brock and Roman was one of the best openings to SmackDown possibly ever. It was red hot.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide