Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
When it comes to WWE programming, right now I’d say NXT is their best weekly show, followed by SmackDown and then Raw. The thing about NXT is that I really like how everyone on the show has a story and a gimmick, and often different stories overlap with each other. It’s something I wish the old NXT had done and something I wish the main roster would do more often.
If the reports are true that Shawn Michaels is the one booking NXT, then props to him. I feel like NXT is in a great groove at the moment after the initial shakiness of the relaunch.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Ending the brand split would be a bad idea because a lot of wrestlers will not get TV time. People like Ricochet and Finn Balor and what have you will have their time essentially cut in half. On top of that, you would really run the risk of overexposing your wrestlers. Roman already takes up a ton of SmackDown. I don’t want him to take over Raw as well, even though Roman is the most interesting part of WWE.
Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ending the brand split would be a bad idea because a lot of wrestlers will not get TV time. People like Ricochet and Finn Balor and what have you will have their time essentially cut in half. On top of that, you would really run the risk of overexposing your wrestlers. Roman already takes up a ton of SmackDown. I don’t want him to take over Raw as well, even though Roman is the most interesting part of WWE.
One simple solution is to not always have the exact same wrestlers every show, have champions face a wider variety of challengers, and not depend on rematches so often.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
WWE announced they are going to be doing a stadium event in Wales in September. This will be the first time WWE has had a special pay per view type event in the UK since Insurrextion in 2003, and of course the first non-exclusive UK Pay Per View since SummerSlam in 1992.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Natalya is on NXT now. I like this because it gives the upcoming NXT talent a veteran they can work with. Kind of like Dolph Ziggler and how he won the NXT Championship.
Only thing I would have changed is maybe wait until Mandy Rose had dropped the NXT Women’s Championship. Mandy is a former main roster talent, and is basically the face of the NXT Women’s division. It’s probably gonna be a while before she drops it. I think it would’ve been shrew to bring Natalya in after Mandy’s big run at the top is over.
Then again, I guess Natalya doesn’t necessarily need the belt. I’ll be real curious to see what they do with her. It seems Natalya is there to help put over Cora Jade, but I think this has a lot of potential.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The booking of the tag team gauntlet match was excellent. When The Creed Brothers finally win the NXT Tag Team Championships, it’s gonna be such a huge moment.
Background Pony #6EAF
Oh I can’t wait AEW Dynamite tonight man!
Samoa Joe vs Minoru Suzuki, CM Punk vs Penta Oscuro, Jurassic Express vs reDRagon, Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs etc.
It certainly looks like to be a really Fun Show overall heh! :D
#AEWDynamite #AEWonTBS #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
That was a great episode of Dynamite ruined in my opinion by an underwhelming ending. This is like the third or fourth time AEW has debuted someone and the fans don’t react because they don’t know who they are. It happened with Dr. Luther, and it happened when The Butcher and The Blade debuted. The ending also felt very WWE. It felt more like something WWE world do than AEW.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’ve heard some people complain that the upcoming AEW NJPW show does little to grow the audience and is only meant to cater to the hardcore fans, but honestly, not everything has to be done to grow the fanbase. Sometimes it’s okay to just put on the best show possible.
Background Pony #C35E
@Holofan4life
I think it depends on how fans see it.
For me, I think it would be more awesome to see a WWE/AEW supershow. (Though it would be a bad idea)
Ardashir

I’ve heard some people complain that the upcoming AEW NJPW show does little to grow the audience and is only meant to cater to the hardcore fans, but honestly, not everything has to be done to grow the fanbase. Sometimes it’s okay to just put on the best show possible.
Uh, isn’t ‘putting the best show possible on’ the best way to get more fans?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide