Wrestling thread

Background Pony #6EAF
I’ve heard some people complain that the upcoming AEW NJPW show does little to grow the audience and is only meant to cater to the hardcore fans, but honestly, not everything has to be done to grow the fanbase. Sometimes it’s okay to just put on the best show possible.
Uh, isn’t ‘putting the best show possible on’ the best way to get more fans?
Eeyup indeed, but don’t tell that the Social Media Cretins, it goes over their Heads obviously haha!
I’m f#cking Excited on the highest imaginable Level for this Event! :D
#AEWxNJPW #aewXnjpw #ForbiddenDoor
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Raw the last few weeks has been better than SmackDown. With Asuka and Cody and Ali all returning, plus the stuff with Ezekiel which is legitimately amusing, Raw feels so fresh right now. Meanwhile, SmackDown is like the same matches every week.
I think it’s really telling that when Roman isn’t on television, SmackDown doesn’t feel compelling. I mean, Backlash is less than two weeks away and Roman to my memory has been on the show once. He doesn’t even have a match for the Pay Per View as of yet.
SmackDown is not that interesting at the moment, whereas ironically enough the longer show Raw feels less like a drag to get through.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Ember Moon gave an interview saying that people in NXT were told to come to work dressed sexy. Here’s the quote.
“We would have to sit through stupid meetings about how we’d have to dress sexy. I remember looking at someone else (and laughing). I cater to children. I’m not about to wear fishnet booty buttcheek shorts because we had a two-hour meeting about how to dress like Mandy Rose. That’s not fair. Mandy is absolutely phenomenal and an amazing person, but not everyone is Mandy Rose. I started seeing this downslope as soon as Hunter was gone. For the first bit, we didn’t know why, we just knew he wasn’t there. I got so angry. I was sitting there thinking, ‘I did nothing wrong. I didn’t piss off Vince.’”
My take is that it does seem that NXT has gotten more edgier in terms of sex appeal. And personally speaking, I think NXT is on a roll right now both creatively and in the ring. This is the most I’ve enjoyed NXT since early 2020/pre pandemic. That being said, you should never force someone to dress sexy if they don’t want to. That’s problematic and kind of creepy.
It should also be noted that talent are blaming John Laurinaitis and not Shawn Michaels or Bruce Prichard for all of this according to Fightful, though it’s not confirmed whether or not Laurinaitis had anything to do with it. I think more likely it’s Vince McMahon telling Laurinaitis to tell the talent to start dressing sexy, with Laurinaitis being the fall guy.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
People saying, “fuck Johnny Ace” are forgetting that he’s a yes man. He does shit for Vince. He does what Vince likes.
People need to stop putting the blame on people who are just doing what they’re told to do, like Laurinaitis or Prichard. Those people who blame them have no idea what the hell they’re talking about.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
It should be noted this isn’t just a WWE NXT thing, it seems like. Japan does this a lot as well with Stardom.
Stardom has their roster doing lingerie photobooks, sponsored by Stardom themselves. They also have a lady on their roster, Mina Shirakawa, whose entire gimmick is being “boob girl”. It’s kinda disconcerting that it’s 2022 and it feels like a big way for women to get a push is still sex appeal. That’s kinda frightening.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Persia Pirotta was right in the middle of a storyline with Indi, Dexter and Duke. I wonder what they’re gonna do with Duke given his character on TV was that he was Persia’s boyfriend.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
At WrestleMania Backlash, it’s no longer gonna be RKBro Vs The Usos for the unified tag titles. It’s now a six man match with RKBro and Drew McIntyre Vs The Usos and Roman Reigns.
I think what happened was WWE got cold feet in unifying the tag belts and decided against it. A shame, considering a six man is a far less exciting match-up and the tag division would honestly benefit with one set of tag straps. There’s not enough tag teams for two different tag belts.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Why do people keep saying Vince and Bruce write NXT? Shawn Michaels is the main booker. Sure, his ideas have to be approved by Vince, but Shawn is the main head writer.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

See, the keyword is that “X has to approve” that immediately wires people to go full ape. Cause this is not about Vince, if it was just the old man, yes people would groan like they always do, cuz more than likely he won’t even pay attention. This is more to do Prichard also having voice and choice in the final product, on top of the old man
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
So guys what did you think the comment Rybotch made on Vince McMahon using his dead mother i think he should be ashamed for saying that for a guy who wasn’t great in the ring fighting jobber and failing to lift Lord Tensai and Paul Heyman and him being a ripoff of Goldberg with RVD ring gear the guy sucked
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
Anyone still enjoying the 24/7 championship thing, because after the last two weeks I feel like I’m losing interest.
Especially when I just wanna be allowed to hate on Dana Brooke for not loving Reggie unconditionally over a STUPID belt.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide