Approval Queue and User Verification

Background Pony #0AE2
Meh, it’s good if it stops them, which it will. Unless they find a way around it.
Tazool
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Converting Vegetarians
Wonderful, couldn’t be happier.
Last time I witnessed a NSFL post on the front page it really hurt me psychologically, but I’m well over it now.
hunterz263
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art

NexGen Blender Dev
Hmmm…how will this system handle users that have accounts that are verified before the date, but are using the “upload anonymously” button. That will hide their username, so will the system recognize them as a verified user, or will it treat them like an unregistered user? Personally I hope it’s the second because people could bypass this system by simply hitting the anonymous button.
koschyy

@Princess Celestia
Out of curiosity, how far along is the development of the project and what still needs to be done to complete it? What tools are being used to help analyze the posts in question? Will all users eventually partake in this approval process?
(This is not meant to be a criticism, but it is rather a question of what future updates will be coming.)
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@koschyy
Depends on what you mean by “Project”.
Related to the approval queue - it’s pretty much finished, the only thing really missing is to allow staff to search for unapproved things.
As for philomena itself, there are many, many things that are planned and need to be done. On the immediate todo list of ours is the following:
  • Full migration to S3
  • Multiple sources
  • Better moderation logs
  • Public moderation logs
  • Complete UI redesign
  • Making setup process far less painful
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Wonderful, couldn’t be happier.
Last time I witnessed a NSFL post on the front page it really hurt me psychologically, but I’m well over it now.
Glad you are feeling better :)
I wonder what NSFL means though (must be similar to NSFW).
@Tazool
Yeah these things aren’t easy for mods who have to clean it up either. Sorry you had to witness it.
That’s very nice of you :3
koschyy

Related to the approval queue - it’s pretty much finished, the only thing really missing is to allow staff to search for unapproved things.
Does this mean that media falling into the unapproved class will be flagged for final disapproval instead of instantly deleted? Or do you need more training data for said class? I think many sites use the Amber Alert register or something like that for such things.
Also, can’t the same algorithm that approves and disapproves these media also approve and disapprove the users once they reach the required number of posts?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide