Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
If you want to read about Hasbro’s response to Black Lives Matter, it’s available on the public-facing portion of their investors/public relations site. And I think we’ve discussed the circumstances of all of that ad nauseam. If you weren’t aware that happened last spring, then I don’t think discussing it any further is of any benefit to anyone.

Beyond that, you linked to what what appears to be a screenshot of a private message from last spring which I did not give anyone permission to share - whether it’s been edited or not is not something I’m even going to look into.

Whether that is an accurate screenshot of that personal discussion, I’m rather disappointed that site you linked doesn’t have better respect for personal privacy, and shame on you for promoting that behavior.
Kincyr
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Non-Fudgsicle Token
I know that it’s possible for an image’s comments to be locked, but I’m curious as to whether it’s possible to restrict anonymous comments only, particularly in cases of off-topic posts, such as in >>2383017, where one background pony refuses to take ‘no’ for an answer
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Kincyr  
No, there’s no way to forbid anonymous posting on the site. But I’ll take a look at the image you linked to see if there’s anything actionable there.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
Just please don’t link to leaks of personal messages on this site, ok? We can’t control what people do on other sites, but on this site sharing the contents of personal messages without permission from everyone involved is not ok.
Background Pony #69F0
How long until the page runs out of servermoney? What with subscribestar not going well
Background Pony #3D7A
I’m not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I imagine at least some of you still have contact with him, so I must ask: is The Smiling Pony/The Frowning Pony ever coming back? He’s been inactive on Derpibooru ever since the “Nazi Bronies” controversy last summer and now seems to reside on Furbooru, but the controversy has been dead for nearly three months, and the most vocal members of both sides have moved on to other image boorus. He shouldn’t feel like he needs to avoid this site anymore.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I have a suggestion about something that should be added to the rule lists (more specifically, rule #5 and forbidden content), where would be the best place to post it?
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@GrapefruitFace  
I had a weird glitch too where the file I tried to upload became “locked” for a little bit after I attempted to upload it. Firefox and Ifranview couldn’t open it, and trying to save over it with a fresh copy (I thought the file might be corrupted too) I’d get a “error: file is locked” message. I was lowkey scared I had one of those ransomware viruses for a sec :P
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Mikey  
Theoretically, if you delete all of them then re-add them it might change the order. That used to work on BoR at least. But the original dates would be lost, and that presumes all the badges are still available to be added back. Some of those I think aren’t available in the tool any more …

Also … don’t artist badges sort to the front automagically? That way they don’t wrap off the end I think …

Unless you want to try SCIENCE! someone with eyes on the source should probably give a canonical answer.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Mikey  
Doesn’t look like the artist badge is sourced to the front, I’m seeing it at the end of some badge lists as well. Since the artist badge was added last, it’s appearing first, so if you removed everything else then added it back with the artist badge first, it might work, but stuff like the wallet was a one time thing so there would be no way for us to restore those. Some of this might not matter, too - it might just be SQL order, which can be a real mystery sometimes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide