Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Background Pony #91AF
Is there a way to see someone else’s favourites but by the time they did favourite a picture?
Background Pony #91AF
If I make myself a second account (To post my own content that falls into suggestive and onwards, keeping safe separate from the rest) I need to report it with you guys so you know that the other account is also mine? I kinda want to separate both contents on different accounts but I don’t want to get banned either.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
If I make myself a second account (To post my own content that falls into suggestive and onwards, keeping safe separate from the rest) I need to report it with you guys so you know that the other account is also mine? I kinda want to separate both contents on different accounts but I don’t want to get banned either.

No, you don’t have to

Mods only care if you use multiple accounts in order to artificially push drama or affect site functionality (such as image scores).
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Does someone going to an image and commenting that they downvoted/are downvoting it along with complaining about the stuff in the image against rule #4 (complaining about filterable content)?

Becuase something like that is happening t a friend f mine and her pics recently and im trying to help her with it.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Yeah if what they complain about is filterable like ships, themes, characters, species, activities, a specific author, etc. then yeah that’s exactly what “complaining about filterable content” means.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@saby  
ok, it’s just that since i last reported those comments they are still up even after the report got closed and idk if i should report them again since the comments are still going on
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Well you could contact staff to ask what happened there, if they disagree with it being against rule #4 and what you should do in the future about this issue etc.

Oh and my “contact staff” I mean privately, via Discord maybe. AFAIK staff can’t really discuss specific cases in this thread.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
[…] it’s just that since i last reported those comments they are still up even after the report got closed and idk if i should report them again since the comments are still going on

Normally, someone just showing up to say they downvoted an image is very much “you already down voted it, why are you even sharing that?” and it would be deleted either for being meta to the image (Rule #6) or whining about filterable content (Rule #4), depending on the actual comment.

However, for that specific comment, they were rather civilly replying to speculation about downvotes on the image, talking about their own personal opinion of the artist’s work in a way that is arguably a critique.

That said, as I’m sure you can see from the remains of the comments on that particular image, we had a bigger fire to deal with. And once that ‘bigger fire’ was dealt with, we didn’t enter the burning husk of the smoldering remains to check to make sure the doilies on the arm chair were straight.

So please don’t consider our treatment of that one individual comment on that one specific image as being an example of how that rule is normally handled.

@Phoenixflambe  
Please report one (or a list) of the images that you believe is inappropriately tagged so we can look at it.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Phoenixflambe  
Actually, I was hoping you would use a REPORT. I’ll open a report for you.

On first glance, I can’t see why some of those would be questionable instead of suggestive - if it helps, remember the prime time TV “Coppertone” ads showing a bare bottom. And, as an aside, not all those tag changes were by the moderator you’re asking.

But discussing the details of the rating of each of the images themselves really isn’t apropos this thread. Instead, please ask about them in the thread for discussing ratings of individual images.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Phoenixflambe  
I don’t know that the standard has necessarily changed, questionable has always required at least a hint of a crotch or camel toe or something like this, and “Coppertone-style” butt-shots have even been rated Safe at times, depending on the image.

For these images, they just aren’t what I think are “clearly” questionable. They clearly aren’t Safe, and clearly aren’t Explicit, and for me Suggestive seems like the correct rating.

Please ask about them in the thread for discussing ratings of individual images. That will be a better place to explore the ratings for each of those images. Then folks who work on ratings can weigh in on them, and maybe give some more explanation as to their rating.
Background Pony #699F
I’m hoping to get better informed about what looks like a lack of action on a couple closed reports of mine. It was about what I felt was an ongoing case of bad tagging by a user, and besides a report on the user, on a specific image (May 20 and May 31 respectively). After they were closed, I didn’t see any changes to tags, neither on the specific image nor others affected by what I described. (Being vague in case I’m in the wrong - mods I’m sure have a way to look up what I’m talking about.)

Anyway, I reverted the tags on the specific image, but before I might “clean up” the other changes, it seems wise to understand the mods’ perspective:  
  • Am I wrong in my impression of the tagging? (And there’s no moderation action, obviously)  
  • Am I not wrong, but it wasn’t seen as enough of a problem to need moderator action? (And I should feel free to pursue retagging on my own)  
  • Is my opinion right, and moderators might follow up but it’s low priority so no-one has gotten around to it yet?  
  • Is my opinion right, and action was taken, but I’m just not looking where it has happened and/or it’s not on everything I think it should be and/or humans are fallible and things were missed or skipped?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide