Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Spearmint
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Best Butt
How come there is no “update image” option? It’s very annoying to post something to Derpibooru, only to realize there is an error, upload a fixed version of the image, and then request a merger, when there could be an option that allows up to simply replace the original image. Other art sites do it, why not Derpibooru?
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Spearmint  
Because it would be abused to replace cute images with IRL gore or worse.

That’s not a hypothetical; in the early days the site allowed something similar and it was very quickly abused causing infinite pain for users and staff alike, with both recent (for the shock value) and old (harder for anyone to catch) image being vandalized. And yes, by artists as well, because some artists like to quit sites/fandoms with as big a “fuck you” to as many people as they can and leave a small fire as they go

As well, the site relies heavily on caching images to improve performance and lower bandwidth costs, because the site is run on a shoestring budget; arbitrary image updating would either mess with caches or lead to inconsistency until cache expiry.
Straypupp

If I’ve been locked out of my old account via, forgotten password and old deleted email (so I cant resend the password).  
Anyway to get it back or can I just start posting my art under a new account?
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

I noticed that some of the “go to sleep (insert villain here)” tags have been removed from images, most recently with “go to sleep chrysalis,” while others have been kept. Any thoughts?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@IWTCIEM  
It was briefly discussed here , looks like staff took action on the tag based on that and possibly some additional discussion on staff-only channels.
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
Is there a way to parent two images? I swear I’ve seen it before, but maybe it was another booru. I want to ‘officially link’ an older and a newer version of the same image, to help people know it’s not a repost, or if they have a preference.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@UnderwoodART  
There isn’t an automatic way to do that here, like with galleries or linking images as a set, but what people sometimes do is add links to the different versions in the description, and add the tag “Alternate Version” or “Part of a set” depending on which is better.

If you have a group of images that you’d like grouped this way, and you’re not the uploader, let me know and I’ll take a look at editing the descriptions.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
@Vulcan

If the request is bulk operations on images, you can give us anything that points to the images and a description of what you want done in the text field of the report.

For example, you can give us a search string, or a link to a gallery.

You can also give us links to the actual images or comments, or if it’s images just the image IDs.

I think the most I’ve seen in a single report was something over 500 images.

Those kinds of reports is why you sometimes see reports taking days, weeks, or even months to complete. Especially if the operations on each image are complex, like “take this down unless there are these tags then move it to this other artist tag and if this other artist is involved in the image please change the tag to ‘foo’ unless the other artist is this person then ask them what they want done …”

We still have to do the ‘whatever you want done’ by hand, but at least that way you can request the operations in a bunch.

And, usually if we see an artist hitting that ‘3 report limit’ over and over we’ll send them a PM asking if it’s a set that they want handled.
KennyC
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Hi I’m having a issue with myself about posting a photo on hear I told my friend mellow and he said I need to talk to someone named lightning bolt so can this person pm me plz thanks I’d Appreciate it :)
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@KennyC  
Hi, I’m not Lighting Bolt but I might be able to answer your question. You can either PM me or come to our Support forum on our Discord Server and ask there - the invite to the Discord Server is on the Contact page (linked on the bottom of every page).
TarivGy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Professional grape
Would it be possible for the Search Syntax page to be updated? I noticed that it doesn’t mention the “first_seen_at” date query that the trending images page uses, just the “created_at” query.  
Are there other special queries that aren’t mentioned on the Syntax page?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Im not sure if this is the right thread fr this or not, but o noticed something strange when uploading a bunch of pics from tumblr

If i view and copy he image frmo the dashboard, the image quality is for some reason MUCH higher then if i went to the actual post itself and copied over the image.

Is there a reason for this?
Background Pony #FF73
@TarivGy

from here  
integer: id width height comment_count score upvotes downvotes faves uploader_id faved_by_id tag_count pixels size  
float: aspect_ratio wilson_score duration  
date: created_at updated_at first_seen_at  
literal: faved_by orig_sha512_hash sha512_hash uploader source_url original_format mime_type  
text: description  
custom: gallery_id
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide