Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@ichiban iceychan 1517
That’s what I’ve done in the past. I mean - the badge is for you, the artist, not for the tag. But it has to be done by hand, so if someone doesn’t batch them together just remind them.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Ciaran
ah ok
i ask becuase a friend of mine has enough images under their tags to be awarded the first milestone badge but the images are separated between two different artist tags she uses lol
Background Pony #3416
Is there away we can make this place more welcoming and inclusive for people with mental disabilities and lgtb community and make rule to respect them.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #3416
We’ve had that rule for a long time. It’s rule #0. If you run into violations such as comments insulting others for their (perceived or real) conditions or identities, please report them so staff can deal with it accordingly.
Fwelin
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Are partially visible penis sheaths considered safe, suggestive, or questionable when there’s no other questionable features?
All three ratings have non-trivial numbers of images with sheath tagged (safe has the most, then questionable, then suggestive).
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Fwelin
Sheaths don’t have a one-size-fits-all rating. Partially or fully visible sheaths on non-anthropomorphic animals are fine for “safe” as long as it’s not brought to viewer’s attention by means such as framing, posing, view angle, amount of detail, or level of realism (the more realistic the character overall is, the better chances are that a wee bit of a sheath detail will not elevate the rating; I think a tracing of a horse photo as a MLP character should not have a different rating than the original would). This is so that stuff like recoloured perfectly mundane irl horse photos and unedited show screencaps don’t end up being non-safe.
Obviously added focus would be able to bring the rating up to suggestive through explicit.
I don’t think it’s ever been established by staff whereabout the lines between safe, suggestive and questionable sheaths lie, but I’d dare to say that at least featureless little bumps between the legs such as >>2607480 would be “safely” safe. (Incidental, and matching the cartoony style for the rest of the body: simple contour, no inner detail.)
I surmise that we’ll probably end up with the same rules as with anus (explicit unless simplistic enough).
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Fwelin
@saby
From the tag guidelines:
Suggestive: “Prominent low-detail sheaths or anuses (outline or hole-free shape only, like a star or circle; non-shading contrast can count as forming lines)”
Questionable: “Moderately-detailed genital shapes, sheaths, or anuses (hole-free shape with an outline, like a star/dot/line in a bump; non-shading contrast can count as forming lines)”
Essentially, some sheaths are allowed in Suggestive when the inner detail is just a tiny dot, and “prominence” rarely kicks in (that ShiningDance image is one of only a handful affected by it).
Also note that this actually an active area of review, as about a week ago, I started discovering images missing the “sheath” tag, and from there found ratings oddities that I brought up with other staff.
Background Pony #699F
I was just about to report a dupe from >>2030573 (merged) to >>132105, but I see that this report had already been rejected once. From what I can tell, the images are identical (the diff is completely black). Why wouldn’t this dupe have been accepted?
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
What was the reason why some oc:jade sapphire images were removed for not being pony related? More to the point, what made her NPR enough to be removed compared with other equine OCs?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
Please note you’re asking about 1 image 6 years ago. 1 image 4 years ago. And 1 image a year ago.
Arguably, the deleted images are not that different from the ones still on the site. They probable could be restored.
Background Pony #21E6
So, are you ever going to fix the fact that banned people can post and edit without an account? OR just leave that open to abuse ad infinitum? Because if you want to leave it open I’m more than happy to keep throwing it back in your faces.
Background Pony #21E6
I mean, that’s what I’ve been trying to get you people to do for years. It’s the logical thing to do to stop people from abusing the system. Instead you seem to prefer putting up with the bullshit instead. I honestly don’t get it.
Background Pony #21E6
In a world where the usage of VPNs grows every more popular, and the number of VPN suppliers and their servers is ever increaseing, banning IPs does NOTHING to stop the antagonistic elements. Most of them won’t even spell it out for you like I do. Then you also run into the problem that you will inevitably ban some of your own rule-abiding users because the VPN server they use also happens to be one an antagonistic element chooses to use for that day.
So again, banning IPs is pointless. Forcing people to create accounts before they can post or edit anything will at least slow it down, and become enough of a hassle for some to not want to bother.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #21E6
You comically underestimate the willpower of assholes and obstinance of retards.
People regularly make dozens of accounts to downvote a single image, create a new account each day to send a PM each day to the target of their butthurt over a single comment 7 years ago, set up different accounts to mass vandalize tags hoping the account switching won’t trace back to their main,…
Forcing account creation for simple site interactions would only inconvenience legitimate users that don’t feel like setting up an account for a pony image site just to say “this is cute!”; on the other hand anyone with bad intentions will not be deterred one bit by the extra few seconds, and the most moronic of them all will have been guided into having an account which now makes their shitting up of the site a whole lot easier for them, and not one bit easier to moderate.
Just because you have a strong opinion on something doesn’t mean you’re right about it. You may have a lot of experience in being an asshole, but the site mods have a lot more in dealing with them.
Background Pony #21E6
Then you implement a period, say three months or so, where a user can only fave images, maybe comment. No up/downvoting, no adding images, no editing tags. The legitimate users will be annoyed but understanding. I would think having to wait three months before they can implement their assholish behavior would drive off most as being too bothersome.
You say you have a lot of experience dealing with them but from my perspective, the assholes are winning because you refuse to address them in a more permanent fashion.
Background Pony #21E6
I must admit I don’t know how to feel that I, the rule-breaking antagonistic asshole, have more faith in the well behaving, rule-abiding site members than the staff does…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide