Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I don’t know if this is relevant, but Ukraine-themed pics keep attracting angry Russian trolls who kept calling Ukraine “fascist” or “murderer”.
We could report them over whenever they show up, but can you do something about these anons?
I also want to know, why are they so obsessed with hating Ukraine?
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Gallusposting since 2019
I already made the reports that alerted you earlier. Also, I tried to “bury” the comments with my comments that are more relevant to the pic.
E.g. the troll, at one picture of a birthday party (>>2934212): “Donbass Ukronazi Donbass Donbass
me: “the shading and lighting look simple, but the Ukrainian apple juice is a homely touch”, about the quality
Is the troll’s IP blocked?
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Is the troll’s IP blocked?
There are multiple people, and getting another IP these days is beyond trivial. Unfortunately, hateful mongrels have an absurd amount of energy they choose to channel into being shitty people rather than anything productive, and the most effective tools against them ends up being the most blunt and simple.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
Would it be alright if I make pony fanart themed after Ukraine or Russian culture?
I support Ukraine and I hate Putinism, and I just like the cultures.
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Yes, of course. Just don’t make or imply any comparative or negative value statements about real life peoples or cultural groups.
Oh and since some troll or pearl clutcher is almost certain to go off at any new Russia or Ukraine related art, be sure to not respond to comments that are rude or hateful about real people (including those who made and uploaded and engaged with the content) or are trying to stir up an argument—just report them quietly.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
I usually try to avoid politics cos that will attract trolls. Some political memes like Роисся вперде (read: Roissya vperde) aren’t political to me cos they are funny.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
Using SQL and Python, I dug up some 40-ish forum spam comments, oldest of them are from 2013. How should I report them? I can PM the list to any mod who wants to tackle them.
I’m sure there are more than those 40, it’s just that Derpi has over 5 million forum posts, and no matter how you filter them, there’s always too many left for one human to review. The most effective filter is to remove all posts made by users who have made more than one forum post or image comment, since most spammers only make that one spam post. The second important filter is to include posts that contain an off-site link. That second filter can be refined by whitelisting numerous “safe” domains, like common news sites, Wikipedia, etc. Combined, those two filters yield wonderful results, but there are still too many for one human to check. They have to be manually verified, you want to minimize the number of false positives.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@JP
Thank you for doing that.
If possible, post them all into the text field of a single report. That way they’re in the tracker and everyone can look at working on pieces of it.
Once you do that, I’ll convert it into a new report under my name so you don’t lose the report slot.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Can one of the staff check in on the badge thread and the artist tag alas thread? I don’t know if the people who normally look into these threads are busy or not sorry.
The threads just haven’t been checked in by a staff member for a whle now and the lst of posts are getting bigger.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
Could some mods start emptying my report queue? The site’s been under some pretty heavy fart spam and .mov spamming for the past few hours. I can’t even report them all, there are so many of those comments.
Blocking all (true) anon commenting right now would be a very good move (registered users can still post as anons), then going through everything anons have posted in the last 3-4 hours and purging all junk would be the next very good move.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@JP
Sorry, I duplicated and closed the report that I’d grabbed that you logged for me. I’ll work that in the background, and you should have a spare slot now.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Brokedownandmadeone
The uploader replied to a question about the image saying they just threw the image on it so that they could upload the text.
Do you have a link to the source for the image? The image was fine and would not be a problem if it was uploaded, but given that the post itself was a “Wont let me post text without a pony on it” it seemed like a poster child for “obligatory pony”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide