Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Ciaran
Looking at the artist tag again, I didn’t realize happy harvey didn’t have a linked profile. Could’ve sworn they did. If they only upload as anon, that may explain a lot.
Posted Report
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Ciaran
In the future, I’d like to suggest erring on the side of caution on deletions similar to this case. Personally I’d check for precious iterations of any included image (for this one I searched artist + fs). Then if none exist, treat it like an original image unless there’s a proper source for the included image. A step before that I did but would take more time to delve into is cropping and quick reverse image searches.
Posted Report
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
In regards to images with stories, I think if the story looks to be about what’s probably going on in the image, it should just be treated as an edit, similar to how we handle edited screencaps with text.
@Blissful690
They should mostly be set up properly now.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CORDZ2000
If that happens then the image shouldn’t have been deleted. Instead the claim would be validated.
If the artist responded in the negative, or specifically asked for the image to be deleted, it would still be deleted. But, baring any specific information from the artist, it wouldn’t have been deleted.
That is - unless the artist deleted hundreds of images, in which case it might have been done programmatically.
If you have such an image that was deleted, which one was it?
Posted Report
Background Pony #2538
@CORDZ2000
The artist was AnontheAnon. They’re on the DNP under “artist upload only”, it’s strange they gave you permission since “upload with permission” is a separate listing. It’s been two years since they filed that DNP, I wonder if they’ve forgotten what they requested by this time.
Posted Report
ElectricRodent
Artist -

The Gay™
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, since I haven’t had to do this before, but my two most recent works have been deleted from the site, with no explanation. They were two SFM renders involving Button Mash and Sweetie Belle, both as adults. Might I ask why are they gone?
Posted Report
ElectricRodent
Artist -

The Gay™
@Ciaran
She looked the same in all my previous uploads that had her, and those didn’t get deleted. Also, as the artist, I can confirm, she’s aged up. So, can I get my art back?
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@CaptainXtra
I’m not sure what you’re expecting from people here. Whether mods have 4 livestreams covering the topic open at all times, or have been in cryogenic sleep for the last month, it’s not going to affect the outcome or the site.
Posted Report
GeONlD
Artist -

Hello dear mods, here is the question.
Case: There is a confirmed artist on the site. Artist purposely hides links to their other social media pages, and does not want to leave links, i.e. they want some anonymity.
However, not all of the pictures they upload are exclusive to derpibooru, but the sours on other sites are available (uploaded earlier, and probably in a much lower resolution) - should they link to it, and would it be forbidden NOT to link to it?
Perhaps the answer to this question has been before, but I’m having trouble articulating it and looking it up. Thanks for reading.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide