derpibooru's badges

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
This might be a highly volatile question, but shouldn’t those artists who DNP themselves and have all of their images deleted from Derpi, also have all of their artist and art-related badges be removed? They won’t need them anymore.

Take this flagrant example. “The Power of Love” and “A Really Classy Artist” both awarded just 21 days ago, but there are no images under their profile and only this angry message left behind in their DNP entry.

I think those badges should be removed. They serve no purpose anymore. That user’s not coming back. There’s nothing left to see.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@JP  
If there is a chance the artist might return I do not remove their badges. Doing so seems too much like burning bridges. Also you have no way of knowing who might have a non-public, anonymous artist tag. Normally when an artist starts with an anonymous tag we don’t award badges. But if someone moves to an anonymous tag after having earned badges we don’t remove their badges unless they ask us to.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Derpy Whooves  
Okay, those are good points.

But seeing all those badges in empty profiles does feel really weird and it is going to confuse some people.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #91Z0  
Are you talking about the “Emerald / Ruby / Sapphire / Diamond / Heart Gem / Element of Generosity” on this page? They look fine to me. They’re ok both on that page and on various users who have them. Do you have an example of them being ‘crashed icons’?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@JP  
Granted: the artist badge indicates someone has art on this site. And the other artist badges only are available to be awarded to people with an actual artist badge with art on this site. And if someone is gone-gone-forever-gone and doesn’t want to appear as an artist here, I zap those badges. But otherwise it just feels petty to delete badges that people earned.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide