derpibooru's badges

izzip
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

rautamiekka - Magnificent Metadata Maniac + Cool Crow
Pyr0T3ck - Magnificent Metadata Maniac + Cool Crow
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Badge suggestions chronic longposter and broke the comment box for users who type very long comments. Only You Could’ve Written Fallout Equestria is a fully fleshed-out idea at this current moment, the other two still have much room for discussion & improvement.
We are given 20,000 characters for posts & comments. These awards celebrate users who make full use of them.
One of these should have the badge be of Rainbow Dash making an expression for “didn’t read, LOL” and the other should be a typewriter with a long scroll of paper, but I can’t decide which should be which.

Broke the Comment Box

(better name needed)
For users who use all the available room. Given to anyone who makes at least one comment or forum post of 2,000 words (to average 10 characters per word including formatting and links) or of 19,000+ characters and 1,000 words (in case it makes very heavy use of links).
This should be manually verified to ensure that the candidate comment is on-topic and does not feature ASCII art as a significant influence on its character count.

Chronic Longposter

Awarded to users who type a lot. I can’t decide on the exact criteria, so here are the examples I’m mulling over
  1. At least 1% of the user’s total activity consists of comments or posts that are at least 100 words.
  2. Have at least 20 posts and comments longer than 1,000 words
  3. The total word count for their posts or comments with a word count of 500 or more (so ignoring their short messages) is over 150,000.
Exact numbers are also up for debate.

You Could’ve Written Fallout Equestria

Badge of shame for users whose total word count between forum posts and image comments throughout all Derpibooru equals or exceeds the word count of Fallout: Equestria. A Project Longpost badge is unlocked for those whose lifetime wordcounts here exceeds that of Project Horizons.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Derpibooru historically doesn’t hand out badges for things that can easily be gamed and have no benefit for the site or its users; there’s only one badge left for shitty behavior, and they stopped handing that one out a long time ago.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@some-guy
They de-rezzed that one ages ago once someone made the (extremely obvious) subtext of it text by explaining it.
Pissed me off, I’d be in 3rd place for most badges instead of tied for 4th if they’d kept it.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Mystery Badge was always just a simple light-hearted “somehow, this person is always in a drama thread, regardless of if they were or weren’t the cause or instigators”.
Obviously, since channers are both retarded, eternal victims, and complete pieces of shit, they got offended like the special snowflakes they are and took it as an insult that so many of their craven scum-bucket ilk “for some inexplicable reason” were flagged as “trouble-adjacent”.
Gee god-damn-whizz, it’s almost as if the community that bases their entire identity around being edgy troublemakers and antisocial wastrels may have some sort of confluence with “people that show up in near every drama thread”.
As you may be able to glean, I’m not a fan of the “appease the shittiest people in the fandom” policy a former admin dropped on the site (then immediately sabotaged and “bailed”) while I was dealing with some rough IRL shit.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Ciaran
At least according to the search syntax help pages, there currently is not a way to search by either word_count or length. That said, perhaps such a feature exists and is undocumented or for staff only. Would you like me to create a post in the feature suggestions thread?
@TexasUberAlles
Now that I’ve had a night to sleep on it, a better name for Broke the Comment Box that celebrates meaningful discussion instead of shitposting is A Whole Damn Essay. It would still need manual approval of automatically-flagged candidate comments to verify that they are on-topic and predominately consist of original writing. The obviously gamed failure modes without such a check are spamming the same paragraph over and over, quoting entire paragraphs of other comments followed by a sentence or two of reply, and ASCII art.
You have a point about Chronic Longposter being easy to game for no value to the community as a whole.
As for the Fallout Equestria badges, the word count requirements for those are so high that anyone inflating their totals to game their way there would either have been rate-limited or banned for spam long before they earned the badge.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
Yeah, there’s no way for us to do that either. It’s actually making it hard for me to implement a badge that I’ve been working on. Please do request the feature.
@Ciaran
The actual way I handle badges that depend on quality is to look at how often the candidate has been banned for LACK of quality. Generally speaking, awarding a badge shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes per candidate, and if I have to read a year’s worth of enormous walls of text posts to see if someone qualifies for a badge then that badge is not going to be practical. That’s why the criteria is often something that can simply be searched for with one or two strings.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
First, are the badge icons 16x16 or 32x32? Either way, I’ll keep my suggestions simple so they can actually work as icons.
OK, more definitive art suggestions for the different badges:
  • A Whole Damn Essay: a sheet of paper with a big red A. Perhaps in two variants depending on whether the winning post was part of a discussion or was a particularly long story in the comments.
    If it’s possible to incorporate some allusion to Twilight, Moondancer, or Sunburst, that’s even better. If not, that’s 350% understandable given the icon dimensions.
  • Unless someone comes in and wishes to revive the idea, I formally withdraw Chronic Longposter as a badge candidate.
  • You Could’ve Written Fallout Equestria: A well-worn typewriter (with two buttons, like in the show)
  • Project Longpost: A Minecraft grass block with a big ol’ X crossing it out
@Ciaran
I created a post in the feature suggestion thread as well as two issues on the Philomena GitHub
  1. For new search syntax
  2. For totaling a user’s word count
IronYoshi
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Best Worst Artist
My artist tag is at 505 now, and I was wondering if I qualify for the Hyper Artist badge. I remember those badges being given once your artist tag reaches the required number, but my memory might be fuzzy
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide