Do we know how may artists have left the site? And if yes, then who?

ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
I don’t think there is an exact number floating around, and I dunno if staff will release such an information. But I’ve heard it’s at least 200. As for big artists, there’s a few of them that flash past on this webm >>2389815, and the few that are on there are already enough to make me incredibly saddened at the loss of their artwork from the site.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@ArmadilloEater  
Note that an extreme portion of the pro-censorship DNP crowd are a furry/literallywho brigade and have never actually patricipated in the site, hence, cannot “leave” it in the first place.

And artists in the video will only be lost if Derpi ends up falling to the censors anyway.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@Barhandar  
I’d still count them Barh, their affiliation or participation on the site notwithstanding.

Well, I guess some of those artists could have reversed their DNP once staff flip-flopped. Before the next flip-flop, and subsequent break-dancing session. If anything between the huge DNP backlog that has to be processed and the possible DNP retractions, an exact number is probably impossible to ascertain.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
I’d still count them Barh, their affiliation or participation on the site notwithstanding.
That’s kinda their idea, yes. That people will ignore the amount of actual content and just look at the number of DNPs, despite it being a load of hot air.
Background Pony #7D33
@Sunglow  
Dilarius, Braeburned, Little Tweenfram (the girl behind the “Ask SciSet” blog), Ambris, CrabApple, Wootmaster, those are a few names I know who have left/are leaving the site because of the reversal on the mods stance on the Nazi imagery issue.

I am probably missing a lot more, but there are the ones I know about when the reversal was first announced.
besom

@Background Pony #7D33

Losing people who want to impose censorship on an art community based on whatever they currently think is “moral” (and which will change as soon as something else becomes fashionable) is always a net gain for that art community.

All this stuff has been up for years and suddenly now in the last few weeks it’s become intolerable and immoral?

Please.

They might as well wear a wig and pretend to be my gramma.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Barhandar  
Your perception is incorrect. More ‘anti-nazi’ artists went full takedown in the first 4 hours of that protest than ‘anti-censorship’ artists went DNP during the entire run of their protest.

Continuing to promote this narrative that the ‘anti-nazi’ artists were a “furry/literallywho brigade” is both untrue, and obviously intended to discount their protest in favor of your own. Please stop.

Currently there are approximately 200 pending DNP/Takedowns. The actual number of DNPs/Takedowns is confidential because we are still talking to artists asking them to change their minds.

Beyond that, I do not have permission from the artists themselves to discuss their requests.
VictoriaNight

Freedom Fighter
Continuing to promote this narrative that the ‘anti-nazi’ artists were a “furry/literallywho brigade” is both untrue, and obviously intended to discount their protest in favor of your own. Please stop.

Which is just as wrong as claiming that anti-censorship people are pro-nazi sympathizers.
Background Pony #8B87
@Barhandar actual number of DNPs/Takedowns is confidential because we are still talking to artists asking them to change their minds.
Beyond that, I do not have permission from the artists themselves to discuss their requests.

Enacted DNPs are necessarily public information and the number of posts affected can be found by comparing past public data with current/future public data, so it is only a matter of inconvenience not to state those, right?

@Barhandar  
…and have never actually patricipated in the site, hence, cannot “leave” it in the first place.

It could still count toward the “art impact score” if they had pony art which had not yet gotten uploaded to the site but which would have previously been permitted. No, I’m not volunteering to investigate that.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
Continuing to promote this narrative that the ‘anti-nazi’ artists were a “furry/literallywho brigade” is both untrue

full  
Can you even provide sources to what has actually transpired so that artists who have been lied to about “nazi site” can read up on the other side of the argument, or just regular attempts to placate?

@equestria-prevails  
Only after being processed.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #8B87  
It’s really not that clean at the request stage. An artist might request a “Full Takedown” but the detail only lists a few specific images to be “fully taken down”. And some artists do one request that translates into several final DNPs or Takedowns because they have multiple tags or more than one profile with tags. One artist I’m working on today opened one DNP but they have 6 tags on one profile, and other profiles with their own tags, some of which are complete takedowns, others are just DNPs.

The first step of the DNP process is to rationalize the artist’s request into individual entries for each tag, and to edit them into the site’s standard of “Artist Upload Only” or “No Edits”. Many of the pending DNPs are “Other”, with basically a letter describing what the artist wants. And often the fields that become publicly viewable when listed contain confidential info that I edit out.

Maybe only one out of every 10 are listed as-is. The rest end up being rewritten following PMs to the artist asking for more info about what they want done.

2LDR: I am literally having to use a spreadsheet to sort out and keep track of some of these requests.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Barhandar  
I don’t recognize any of those as artists on this site. If any of those are real artists here, then give me a list and I’ll tell you if they have a pending DNP.

And excuse me for asking, but are you under the impression that someone without a verified artist tag can even create a DNP? Because they can’t.

Maybe don’t believe what random people on Twitter say?

Can you even provide sources to what has actually transpired so that artists who have been lied to about “nazi site” can read up on the other side of the argument, or just regular attempts to placate?

What data are you asking for?
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Derpy Whooves  
Have you considered actually looking at the image? At least two artists with (almost) matching twitter name and Derpi tag, a verification number in one of the twits. And there are also posts like this.

What data are you asking for?
First, re-read the message. Second, the anti-censorship thread, the concerned users thread, the admission thread and its discussion and hey, even the “”“anti-nazi””” thread too, it showcases the kind of people the “anti-nazis” are nicely and eventually switched into “y’all censors are wrong and here’s why” anyway.
Background Pony #FFCC
The actual number of DNPs/Takedowns is confidential because we are still talking to artists asking them to change their minds.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, by the way. Any loss that can be reversed would be fantastic. Good luck!
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Barhandar  
I mean, what are you asking from me? Actual counts of images deleted per protest or something? Or are you asking me to do something about those threads?

@Barhandar  
I think you should re-read what I said. Let me try saying it this way: the first 4 hours of the anti-Nazi protest resulted in more images taken down - not just DNP but taken down, than the all of the anti-censorship DNPs and Takedowns combined. And the anti-Nazi takedowns are still coming in.

This is about quantity of images - the number of IMAGES represented by the “Anti-Nazi” protesters dwarfs the number of images represented by the “anti-censorship” protest.

I finished the “Anti-Censorship” DNPs in just a couple of days. The current backlog of anti-Nazi protest DNPs might take another three to five weeks to work through.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@Barhandar  
@Derpy Whooves  
Can’t believe I have to say this to a mod, but, chill out, this discussion has been had many times now and this thread doesn’t need this. Finger pointing and card counting to see “what side was more important” or “what side has the most meanies” is useless.
nrgpony

It doesn’t matter who left. These Twittertards will get bored and come back. What are they gonna do? NOT share their art? Have fun not getting any exposure.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide