Downvotes / Hiding Survey

warc9
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Ultimate Fan of Scoots
Keep down vote on, and add on hide image bution.

Yes, some dude making a crapton of alt accounts to spam down votes on images of a horse he didn’t like was bad, but the vast majority of images this isn’t a problem.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Nonymous  
It’s been repeated before, the announcement and deployment were not supposed to happen the same day. Multiple people, myself included, have admitted we fucked up. You won’t be happy until I livestream cutting my wrists open while handing the keys to the site to a channer of your choosing.
Nonymous
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
@The Smiling Pony  
I didn’t mean an announcement for this previous change, clam down.

I meant that it was never a problem big enough for the team to announce that they wanted it to be used differently, or to make some kind of rules change to fix it.
Terros Blue

i like the idea of a hide button. tho it should affect or replace anything related to the downvotes and upvotes, that said, when you fave something it auto-upvote so maybe hide should do the same for downvote. i dont know. tho what i do know is that a hide button would be good for the fact that a disturbing number of uploaders on this site can tag for there lives. it would make a good use for the pics that dont get blacklisted because the person hasn’t tagged the image properly. tho my rant about tagging can do on a different post lol :)
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Nonymous  
Weren’t you just talking about how “everyone” was against the change? Besides, what rule would they add that could shift things to Hide that wouldn’t cause a similar reaction to last week.
Nonymous
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
@Meanlucario  
I didn’t say “everyone”, just the majority, which includes some of the moderation team according to the chan thread.

They wouldn’t have needed to make a new rule, just some kind of statement that they wanted users to use downvotes differently back when it first became an issue.

It could have been a bandaid on a cut instead of the removal of an infected foot like they attempted last week.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Binkyt11  
I’m stressed for a lot of reasons IRL, but this site or change is not one of them. Though thank you for the concern.

@Nonymous  
I already mentioned that we’ve done changes to the system before, and you can search the /meta/ forum for “downvotes” to get threads about it if you want to. This isn’t the first time we’ve tried to or tinkered with the system, and I’d be surprised if people expected that the problems brought up in previous threads just went away. cell22 might be holding the record in alt account voting, but there’re many that think like him, and the problem of people messing with scoring because they dislike well-tagged content they know they hate or just want to tank never went away, and likely never will.

True, we haven’t talked about it in the last year or so, I’ll give you that.
Jinx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
I want downvotes kept, however i want a way to hide a specific image without blocking tags i want to keep.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: bye