Downvoting is being replaced by Hiding

DJDavid98
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

Disy
you deserve the ability to show your dislike of a particular image rather than just pretending it doesn’t exist?

b. The quality is poor or something in the image is “bad” → comment in a constructive or informative way
Sonork

My filter isn’t working anymore. All the pictures with tags I’ve filtered are appearing! Does it have anything to do with this change?
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
Personally the way I see it, Downvoting, on any platform, isn’t really something that ends well.

It’s one of those things where it seems ok on paper but in the end gets abused. Youtube is a good example of this.

Instead of people downvoting for criticism or more contructive reasons. People simply abuse it more, and use it as a way to just be “oh I don’t like thing” and downvote it.

Even if said thing is legitimately not bad. Some probably will disagree cuz “my opinion should be valid too” but the thing is. Your opinion can still be valid.

But not at the expense of being kinda crappy to someone’s hard work for no real reason.

Eeeeh does that make sense? I’m not sounding dumb am I?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@TwistedScarlett60  
As everyone has mentioned before, you have a user setting option that lets you see stuff you have hidden if you accidently hide it.

Plus the change isn’t instant, you can still remove it before you refresh or go to the next page.
Background Pony #48BB
Hate this change a lot, but I know it’s going to be pointless to argue against the hugbox that it is enforced on us. One word of advice at least: replace the “upvote” with “♥” or something else, please. Upvoting with no downvoting is just pointless. Just do hearts like Instagram and stuff like that.
Squall_Line
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

horse butts 🐴
I do think it might increase the number of comment wars though as people who like to downvote things they should hide (assuming the image is tagged properly of course) might take their dislike to the comments section now. Could be an interesting social experiment :p
sum1-Else
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

fuzz
checking my artist tag, some images have their scores dramatically increased.  
like for example a gay-males-look-female one went from 10ish to 50ish.

hmm…
Background Pony #BE8A
@The Toaster Repair Pony
Is this site EQD yet?
Anyways more on topic, the hiding currently isn’t working for me. Hidden images only stay hidden for one page reload and then they’re right back.

Derpi’s own pathetic replacement system isn’t even working on roll out, even though the idea has apparently been around for over two years.

Bravo to all the site staff.
derpiboorudelinquent

#ReformCozyGlow
Personally, I think that the Downvote option was a good idea as it provides a balance to the Upvote option, but the problem was that many people on this site started using it either to their advantage or incorrectly.  
Do people/bronies not know what filters || (or customizable filters for that matter)|| are for? 😒  
I myself have a customized filter that I use on a consistent basis so that way it blocks anything I don’t want to see (mane8abuse, scat, urine, cringeworthy imagery, etc.) from my sight - and I think that everybrony else should do the same.
Background Pony #BE8A
FiMFiction: Hey here’s a new text-to-speech thing we’re trying out, also you can still downvote and upvote at will. We’re going to keep working to improve the site in as many ways as we can without taking away the functionality you’re used to.

Derpibooru: heres some like, some randomized avatars for the anons, i don’t know also no downvoting allowed please this is a friendly community
Shadow Star
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

b. The quality is poor or something in the image is “bad” → downvote  
c. It’s an utter shitpost, but not wholly rule breaking → downvote

that’s what it FOR, baka.

Bring Back Downvote.
sum1-Else
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

fuzz
@ice1517  
i’d actually like the ability to hide certain comments from myself, i have an unhealthy tendency to stew on the negative ones if i accidentally look at them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: boop