Explanation of update to Rule #0 for consistency and clarity especially in regards to racism

FrecklesFanatic
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Background Pony #7D68  
Pretty much, by long and short anything with a swastika on it that isnt Aryanne getting raped or hurt or beeing told to fuck off will be deleted, and then the mob will scream to expel something else, since they now know it works. Foalcon, rape, murder, who knows.  
After this shitshow and the leak of the moderator chatlogs I have no reason to trust this bendable and one sided wording will be applied fair in any way or form.
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@FrecklesFanatic  
Can y’all just give it a rest? Like… Dude. Come on. Everyone wants this to end, it’s finally at an end, and now you’re gonna act like it’s just the start of something worse.

Just let it be, dude. Take it and go back to the usual. We all want it to be over.
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

C++ Crazed
Keeping people in their own echo chambers in image comments will only lead to them becoming more accepting of racist beliefs, and hosting the images would mean people offsite use them for their own such echo chambers.

I don’t see how “people offsite” are going to be thwarted by this change, if anything this seems like it’ll ensure that the problem in general won’t ever be fixed by causing people just to always go offsite if they want such things, which is just forming echochambers like you said. It’s not like Derpibooru is the only way to host images on the entire internet after all, it’s just a convenient place to access it all. To me this is like the opposite of what you’d want to do if you don’t want to divide people.

Rest is probably fairly reasonable and not worth complaining about probably at this point, but I still don’t think it’s Derpi’s responsibility to police these things or how people behave, you’re an image board not a moral authority of the world.
Background Pony #59E4
@Princess Luna  
While I’d prefer there to be no deletions except for legal reasons at all and think the enforcement from before was fine, the intent of this post sounds reasonable. Now please apply it fairly and reasonably and make sure everyone judging a picture for deletion actually gets a proper look at the picture and thinks about it for a while before making a decision. Also please move forward on general mod transparency, a deletion log with reasoning would be a nice first step.
Background Pony #0CFF
@Hermaeus Xerxes  
I will not ‘go away’ just because you are telling me that up is down.

Its textbook discrimination and bigotry, they dont only apply to race, sex, or religion.  
“This person is a bastard because they are a white.”  
“This person is a bastard because they are a male.”  
“This person is a bastard because they are a christian.”  
“This person is a bastard because they are a cop.”  
These are all bad.
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@FrecklesFanatic  
You seem as if the only way you’ll ever be happy is if you 100% have things your way. And that ain’t gonna happen for anyone, my G.

Look. I’m apart of the “mob” you hate so much. And I’m fine with this, this seems pretty good if anything. Just relax and let them do their thing. It hasn’t even been a full day, I don’t think, at least give it some time.
Background Pony #7D68
@Loopers  
It’s not going to end though, that’s what you don’t understand. First it’ll be this, then another article will come out about pedos in the fandom or something, then Twitter will pressure this site into banning “dubiously aged characters”, and this policy will get updated YET again so it doesn’t matter if Applebloom or whoever is “aged up”.

They know this works now, why would they stop?
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

1. “Why can’t you just leave all existing images alone and just tell people to use filters?”
    Short answer: Bigotry can grow when left alone.
Images that promote racism become rallying points. We have seen in the comments of racist images people actively push racist views on each other against our rules, but gone unnoticed because the vast majority filter out such and it flew under the radar of the staff team due to not being reported; we do not want that sort of thing to sit and fester.

Then the better option would still be to disable comments on such images and even if by default, lets say anything tagged Nazi the comments are disabled. There are other methods like monitoring comments of questionable tagged images which wouldn’t be a huge hassle considering that such content has always been on a very low end of being posted. in the first place.

this matter is finally put to rest so we can all go back to enjoying our cute pony content.

Well you might think so, but i am fairly certain that users that have committed hard on cracking down on Nazi content aren’t happy and they will seek out more. We have and we still warning you guys that the slippery slope is not just an excuse, but that its already in the works and they will keep pushing you to do more and more… and after the Nazis there will be even more.

From my point of view this is a loss for freedom of expression. Could it have been worse? Absolutely, but doesn’t mean that this resolution is satisfying. I am definitely crossing my fingers that ponybooru can survive and it will be likely my place to go for a much more complete experience of the fandom.
Hermaeus Xerxes
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Sad strange little man
@Background Pony #58BC  
Nah. Because in an unfair system, the law is something that is not inherently bad to break. “Good cops” however, are always booted, or even killed by their colleagues. Because a good cop tries to do something about the bad in the system. And the bad doesn’t like it.
FrecklesFanatic
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Loopers  
You say that, and right beneath you this guy is back to his shit calling a entire Berufsstand (no idea what thats caled in english) basically inhuman due to whatever bullshit goes on in the US withouth reprecursion against his discrimination thats aparently supposed to be purged with these new rules.  
I am not convinced this will hold (if it even gets applied fairly) any longer then the US decides to be retarded about something again, and the international community of this page can go defend basic artistic freedoms again because of it.
Background Pony #BD00
@Seiken

100% guaranteed that it wouldn’t still be enough to the “anti-censorship” crowd. “WHY ARE COMMENTS STILL ALLOWED ON X THEN?”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread has devolved well away from useful information and discussion